"Feeding"/Selling Naq, Serious Issue?

Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Lone wolf
Race: Slovenian
ID: 82089

Re: "Feeding"/Selling Naq, Serious Issue?

@lost password: Loophole? Same effect?
Selling naq for $ has been allowed until era 31, admin himself said it was ok. How is it a loophole if he said it was ok? Yes he also said feeding was ok, but he banned feeding, he still deemed selling naq for $ being ok until era 31.
Same effect as someone who had 5 friends registered and had gotten all of the naq they farmed explicitly for that person? First off - anyone could have bought my naq, opposed to people farming naq for a specific person, secondly it was cleared by admin that it was ok, and thirdly, it is not much different than USS, the money is paid to a person for ingame goods, if it's paid to admin - the ingame goods come out of nowhere, if it was paid to someone else, the ingame goods had to be farmed first and time had to be spent for farming. So going by that logic USS is the same as feeding, as it has the same effect after all, don't you think? Yet you don't seem to have a problem with USSs having given such ridiculous bonuses in the past.
USSs were also not limited until the buying of them ran out of control all those years ago. Again, I don't seem to find many people who have a problem with that.

Well I don't know if I was the only one, but I probably was the only one who was massed on other SGW servers due to it ;)

You also still don't seem to distinguish between two different things, selling naq for $ (which can only be mistaken with USSs, if anything) and feeding. If selling (and thus buying) naq for $ was a loophole, then so was USSs giving ingame bonuses (not small, might I add).

It was worth a lot compared to USS because the game was broken. It was the other way round first. In pretty much every other era, USS gave naq that would take weeks and weeks to farm. Yet $ for naq to one person are wrong(er) than $ for naq, ATs and UUs and bank increase straight to admin.
Why would I refuse to sell to the people? Anyone could have bought my naq, remember? As you said, people were turned away from buying my naq, people that would otherwise be interested in it, because they were afraid of being massed.

Also the funniest thing there is is that after I started taking out huge chunks of naq at random times and letting random people take it, the same people who voiced how wrong it was what I was doing, same people were asking me to give that naq to them, to tell them exactly when I'll take it out. Hypocrisy, no? Of course, not all of those who voiced against me wanted that naq, but a pretty large percentage wanted it.

@Isaac - yeah it's a log of naq attacks ;)

~Jack
Haz wrote:It took a bit of time, but the investigation has now been completed.
S1eepy will be banned for scripting, for the remainder of this era.
Name: S1eepy [ TheCheekyChickens ]
{Banned}
2012 Awards awarded to me:
Spoiler
Leader Isaac
Forum Grunt
Race: Human
ID: 0

lost password wrote:My God, How am I making things stupidly hard? It's not my fault you don't bother reading anything properly and if you actually played the game I'm sure it would be a lot clear to you, but there you go. ](*,)

It is a joke when you don't make any sense and talk about things you are completely unfamiliar with, at least take the time to read through other quantum posts going back a while before making such comments as you did previously, if it wasn't a problem it would not be banned, and fyi yes we put up with the same thing for years. Good riddance to it.

There was a rule in relation. As of era 26. The loophole to that rule was getting money for feeding as it didn't mention cash sales, which some people exploited. It was still feeding and that rule should of been more clear at the time.

I seen Jack being told to stop by Teyla & etc due to what they were doing, I seen warnings that were out there before Jack even put his sales thread up. Its not like nobody knew.

If you really want me to be honest I'm leaving because your speaking absolute rubbish about a now stagnant subject you ironically have no knowledge of. It's pointless.
You only brought this topic up in the first place because you wanted to sell something, well sorry, you can't do that on Q and that's that.

So far, it seems like I am on board and speaking the right stuff, to Jack and the others, anyway (Now anyway) So... :D
"You know, there are some words I've known since I was a schoolboy: ' With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.' Those words were uttered by Judge Aaron Satie as wisdom and warning. The first time any man's freedom is trodden on we're all damaged. I fear that today..."
Affirmation
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: The Magnificents
Race: Ancient
ID: 42530
Alternate name(s): Affy 'Bad Affy' or just Crazy Old Man Affy

See what you miss when your wife almost dies?? HAHA

This Topic and conversation is the MAIN reason I love and play Quantum Server. Here are a few of old Man Affy's observations over the years:

1. Quantum, by its very nature, and due to the Era Resets, creates mayhem from the ever changing special features and modified coding that drives us ALL whacky at times.

2. The Quantum Forums are the MOST fun and vigorous example of freedom of expression or ideas on this ENTIRE set of StarGateWars Forums.

3. Because Quantum changes so frequently, and because the will of the Community plays such an important role, NO ONE, who has not played Quantum since the start in 2005, can truly enjoy the full and long-term ramifications of the glorious nature of the changing/evolving Quantum environment.

4. Quantum causes many to loss their minds/tempers/religion/money/patience ______ (enter adjectives here ad infinitum) at any time, and also to say things in the Quantum Forums they might NEVER consider saying anywhere else.

5. Typically in all my 30 something Eras of playing/stalking/hanging out/doing stupid things in the Quantum server I have ALWAYS found Jack to be a fairly respectable, upstanding, competitive, and 'edge of the rules' pushing player. His posts in this Topic only solidify my long time respect for the views and opinions of his observations/evaluations of the history of the Quantum environment. I only like him more because he is often like Old Man Affy looking in the mirror and seeing the aggressive and courageous player that I wish I could be...

6. Don't knock the Quantum Server, the players, (especially the LONG time ones), the crazy coding (I would not want to do it...), or the seemingly inappropriate or totally illogical ramblings of the often changing rules (both written and 'community policed'), and ever-changing server play of the Quantum server unless you have played it for at least a few Eras. Come on and join this Hap-Hap-Happy bunch of hooked Q-tards and you too will lose YOUR GD mind...

7. Q is fun... You get out of it what you put into it!

8. Old Man Affy writes the GD longest and biggest bunch of BS posts in the Quantum Forums, but, now after reading this Topic, Jack may displace Affy in this regard!! HAHA

OK, that is all I have to say. I think everyone has a point, everyone has the right to think Quantum is frakked and retarded, but, just be careful how you say any of it. We are all watching and are overly sensitive to just how ignorant and illogically we have acted over the years. Yes, it seems silly that it sometimes takes us several years to get rule changes in effect. But, nothing worth doing is not worth waiting an inordinate amount of time for... HAHA

'Bad Affy' sez, "I, well, I can't even add anything or any insults that would make Affy look any more stupid after this posting..." :smt025
What Happened to my Siggy????

Damn it Bernie!!

Affy? or 'Bad Affy'...:
Spoiler
What in the H E double LL happened to the Siggy's???

Return to “General”