Alliance markers

What do you want to see in the game? what can be improved? any suggestions welcome here...

Should we have the option to tag alliances for our own viewing?

Poll ended at Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:36 am

Yes.
50%
No.
50%
Something like this, but different.
No votes

Total votes: 2
Achernar
Forum Grunt
Race: twagras
ID: 1989627
Alternate name(s): Achernar
EZE
ertyuio

Alliance markers

I know we have various tags that show in the attack list. Alliance friendly, PPT, peace, war,etc.

Could we get a new option to tag on accounts or entire alliances that indicate they should be avoided when raiding and attacking? Not visible to anyone but you, but a reminder that I should avoid this account or entire alliance? It could be in the same location as the relations buttons, but would be helpful to remind one of the sometimes long list of groups or individuals that should not be touched. Peace is visible and could draw undue attention to the one setting said relation status. This would be more of an intelligence reminder. Say you attack someone with huge defense and want to remind yourself not to repeat that mistake. Or maybe your alliance says such and such other groups should never be touched.

Would be helpful. I have failed to recognize a group that was on my former alliance "DO NOT TOUCH' list and do not want to peace all these groups, but have a hard time keeping track of said formidable opponents.

Just an idea.
ƒëmmë
Forum Elite
Alternate name(s): ƒëmmë ƒatalë
temptress
cleo_catra

Re: Alliance markers

just find one member of former no touch alliance, and hit set all to neutral .. the friendly setting set by former alliance leader on them shouldn't carry over..
To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence;
supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
-Sun Tzu, the Art of War
31/07/2012 6:13:16 AM Hope Light ID's mean nothing imo if you can back yourself up.
31/07/2012 6:13:22 AM Hope Light only **Filtered** hide them.
Be careful who you trust, even the devil was once an angel
veritas vos liberabit
Forums own rules
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 7#p2510387
Spoiler
Section Admins - who will be 'in charge' of the section in question. They will be responsible for the overall feel of the section, the setup/structure, and most importantly the community/users in the section. This will incorporate the old 'ombudsman' role. And insofar as the Section Admin is responsible for the users, they are also responsible for the high level mod behaviour towards the users.
So -as a user - if you have an issue with how you are treated, rules, bans, whatever --goto the section admin... They are there for you!

There is no 'reporting structure' in this setup -- tech, mod, and section admins are all on equal footing, each with their own (somewhat overlapping) responsibilities.
Mods report directly to the mod admin, and indirectly to the section admin for the section in which they mod.
Sphinx42
Goa'uld
ID: 0

fem fatale wrote:just find one member of former no touch alliance, and hit set all to neutral .. the friendly setting set by former alliance leader on them shouldn't carry over..

I'm not sure you've quite understood the first post, femme (or maybe I didn't) :)
From what I gather, ertyuio wants something like 'Declare Peace' ('Do Not Touch'?), only without actually letting the other player(s) know they were added to the do-not-touch list.
Gone, left, no longer here.
Z E R O
Forum Addict
Alliance: Jötunheim
Race: NanoTiMaster
ID: 1918344
Alternate name(s): Hymir

That's what I got from it, and it seems like a great idea.
Z E R O - Jötunheim - 1907332 - UnKnown of the TOLAH
*Zero - 1991093
Spoiler
Achernar
Forum Grunt
EZE
ertyuio

Preem Palver wrote:
fem fatale wrote:just find one member of former no touch alliance, and hit set all to neutral .. the friendly setting set by former alliance leader on them shouldn't carry over..

I'm not sure you've quite understood the first post, femme (or maybe I didn't) :)
From what I gather, ertyuio wants something like 'Declare Peace' ('Do Not Touch'?), only without actually letting the other player(s) know they were added to the do-not-touch list.

This^

It could be used to help smaller alliances avoid the big guys.:it could be used by lone wolves to avoid any alliance they might get massed by. It wouldn't be a relation status as much a self only marker to avoid a target. Can't remember the name of that one guy with the terrible huge defense you accidentally farmed one time? Put a marker on him and you won't forget.
Achernar
Forum Grunt
EZE
ertyuio

To take the idea a step further, alliance leaders could be given the option to set the DO NOT TOUCH flag for all their members. Same with commanders and their officers. Declaring peace as it is now notifies the target, which might cause the target to decide to make a move against the one declaring peace, knowing they have a 24 hour period which the one making said declaration is unable to retaliate.

If peace could have the option to be declared without notifying the target, this would also suffice. This would require less actual code effort. Setting war or neutral would obviously still be notification worthy, as they should. Just tossing alternatives and additions out there for y'all.

Return to “Game Suggestions”