Steam

A place general forum talk, not related to ingame discussions.
Bromas
Forum Addict
ID: 97472
Alternate name(s): ~HydroFlux™~, Reinhardt

Steam

I have a couple questions about it and figured that this was most appropriate area, I just bought Skyrim and the 2 DLC's at the same time, there's only a download for Skyrim as one game. Is this because a DLC is counted as the same download or has it mucked up?
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Re: Steam

Download Skyrim and use your activation keys to get the DLC (activate on Steam), that should add them to the complete Skyrim.. unless you purchased the bundle package with the lot of them lobbed together? :)
Bromas
Forum Addict

Juliette wrote:Download Skyrim and use your activation keys to get the DLC (activate on Steam), that should add them to the complete Skyrim.. unless you purchased the bundle package with the lot of them lobbed together? :)

I bought Skyrim and in the same cart had the 2 DLC's (I used my steam wallet)
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

Bromas wrote:
Juliette wrote:Download Skyrim and use your activation keys to get the DLC (activate on Steam), that should add them to the complete Skyrim.. unless you purchased the bundle package with the lot of them lobbed together? :)

Then it should be one download with the lot of it together. :) Steam tends to consider DLC as 'part of the game', so if you bought a key with DLC activated, the download will be 'game' (+DLC, silently). I had to switch them both on manually (Skyrim Launcher: select Data Files), so if you do not see it, you should be able to spot it quite soon.

I found the 'build a house' DLC a tad wanting. Magnificent house, but.. well.. you figure it out. *grin*
Bromas
Forum Addict

Juliette wrote:
Bromas wrote:

Then it should be one download with the lot of it together. :) Steam tends to consider DLC as 'part of the game', so if you bought a key with DLC activated, the download will be 'game' (+DLC, silently). I had to switch them both on manually (Skyrim Launcher: select Data Files), so if you do not see it, you should be able to spot it quite soon.

I found the 'build a house' DLC a tad wanting. Magnificent house, but.. well.. you figure it out. *grin*

sex dungeon? Also, this is how it shows I so I assume they are there (I had the pic taken anyway to show the download speed I got for about 15 minutes to a mate)

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Last edited by Stickm@n on Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Spoiler'd
Remedy™
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: MaYHem
Race: Tauri
ID: 1933065
Alternate name(s): Eminent Domain

Bromas wrote:
Juliette wrote:
Bromas wrote:

sex dungeon? Also, this is how it shows I so I assume they are there (I had the pic taken anyway to show the download speed I got for about 15 minutes to a mate)

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Lol... I get about 10x that ;)
Last edited by Stickm@n on Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bromas
Forum Addict

Sniperblackout wrote:
Bromas wrote:
Juliette wrote:
Bromas wrote:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

I have two sisters, both constantly streaming movies or videos, using facebook and twitter. My mum downloading music for skating shows and my dad watching skiing videos...

Also, 5mb per second, via steam servers? Sure.
Last edited by Stickm@n on Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

Bromas wrote:
Juliette wrote:
Bromas wrote:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Well.. what do you see when you click on the "DLC" option to the right? :)

Also nice. I get 100k DL. Damned buggers decided to cut my subscription package. -_-
Last edited by Stickm@n on Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bromas
Forum Addict

Juliette wrote:
Bromas wrote:
Juliette wrote:
Bromas wrote:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Well.. what do you see when you click on the "DLC" option to the right? :)

Also nice. I get 100k DL. Damned buggers decided to cut my subscription package. -_-

Just puts the DLC's in a cart-type layout. I installed the high-res one and it just put it into the actual skyrim download and put the download % down a bit :-) cheers
Last edited by Stickm@n on Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Remedy™
Forum Intermediate

Bromas wrote:
Sniperblackout wrote:
Bromas wrote:
Juliette wrote:
Bromas wrote:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

I have two sisters, both constantly streaming movies or videos, using facebook and twitter. My mum downloading music for skating shows and my dad watching skiing videos...

If you'd like, I can post for you where I got 12mbps, even on their servers if you'd like.
Last edited by Stickm@n on Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bromas
Forum Addict

Sniperblackout wrote:
Bromas wrote:
Sniperblackout wrote:
Bromas wrote:
Juliette wrote:
Bromas wrote:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

If you'd like, I can post for you where I got 12mbps, even on their servers if you'd like.

Unless you're in japan I gotta say I doubt it, I usually get around 2.5mb download speed from other stuffs
Last edited by Stickm@n on Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Remedy™
Forum Intermediate

Bromas wrote:
Sniperblackout wrote:
Bromas wrote:
Sniperblackout wrote:
Bromas wrote:
Juliette wrote:
Bromas wrote:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Unless you're in japan I gotta say I doubt it, I usually get around 2.5mb download speed from other stuffs

When I get home tonight, I'll post ya the screen shot.
Last edited by Stickm@n on Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

*grin* I will not mention my portable Steam installation (VMware little desktop on my 64GB USB 3.0 stick) which I can use when I visit friends at University (benefiting from the full power of their connection, which is sick).. Steam has in that regard not yet let me down. It is just my home connection which sucks money bags.
Remedy™
Forum Intermediate

Juliette wrote:*grin* I will not mention my portable Steam installation (VMware little desktop on my 64GB USB 3.0 stick) which I can use when I visit friends at University (benefiting from the full power of their connection, which is sick).. Steam has in that regard not yet let me down. It is just my home connection which sucks money bags.

Currently, my connection gets about 58mbps.
Dmonix
Count Duckula
Alliance: MaYHeM
Race: Scouse
ID: 21000

To answer the original question, assuming it's Dawnguard and Hearthfire then they're added to your Skyrim game as activatable content. Basically Steam will install Skyrim then install game updates and then each of the expansions as 'updates' adding their content to the game.

There should be options under your Skyrim where you can deactivate any DLC.

Spoiler
Kikaz wrote:Thanks to:
MaYHeM - You guys were the closest thing I've found to family in this game, thanks for giving me a chance and eventually being crazy enough to vote me onto your high council and eventually let me lead you for several months. I had a blast with you guys.

Return to “This, That, Those, and Them”