Ascension run or buying account

For newcomers to ask questions to the other users... this section will usually answer most questions... requesting resources (naq/UUs/ATs) is not to be done here...
Nonsense
Forum Regular
ID: 10208

Ascension run or buying account

So I'm torn between buying a new account, so gathering as many resources as I can on this account then swapping it for an account with 20 + ascensions, or should I start my own ascension run? Which is cheaper? I saw somebody offering 160 trill for TUK, but is that a lot or not?
ID 10208
My trade feedback
If I make nosense talk to me nicely and maybe I shall stop.
I like my siggy so to all you who say that I should have other sig .... SUSH
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Re: Ascension run or buying account

Nonsense wrote:So I'm torn between buying a new account, so gathering as many resources as I can on this account then swapping it for an account with 20 + ascensions, or should I start my own ascension run?
I personally prefer the ascension process over sitting stagnant at Unknown. :)
Nonsense wrote:Which is cheaper?
Buying a crappy Unknown then building that up is the cheapest. If you want a proper ascended account, spend a few years farming heavily and ascending.
Nonsense wrote:I saw somebody offering 160 trill for TUK, but is that a lot or not?
Depends on the Unknown. A basic Unknown is pretty cheap, they truly are a dime a dozen these days. A good account costs more. :) Try offering 70% of the cost of its Covert and AC levels together, and you have a ballpark figure.
donais
Forum Regular
Alliance: MaYHeM
Race: Dam girl
ID: 4742

it depends what your looking to do. farming is easy if your into playing ascended, might want to take the time and put a lot of lf points into your ascended and have a beastly ascended. at the same time you probably can farm 200t in a week or two and buy a decent shell of a tuk, but no garuntees on that haveing a good ascended account

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

~Ralph Waldo Emerson
Clockwork
The Ablest Man
Alliance: Multiverse
Race: Clockwork Admin
ID: 1940718

Why is it nobody builds their own accounts anymore and just trade / buy Tuk's? Where is the sense of achievement in that? :smt017

Build your own account, plenty of people will offer advice /support while you do so, and at the end of the day, you have something to show for your actions rather than sitting on what somebody else has built.

Much more to the game than just being a Tuk.
Admin for all the Forum things...
Click Me for forum rules.
Click Me for Game admin contact details.
Master Rahl
Forum Regular
Alliance: KzD
Race: Aydindril
ID: 13355
Alternate name(s): Master Rahl

What do you want from the game?

It is a thing of patience to build your account which takes a ton of time. You have to restart after every ascension, besides your MS and planets, which costs a ton of naq right there.

If you buy a tuk you wont know the effort put into building it, and use the power of the account not skill.

Both have advantages.
[9:21:11 PM] Les Ennemis: good i like our members happy
What kind of plans would the Master Rahl have? I plan to conquer the world
Spoiler
ImageImage
BarelyAllen
Forum Expert
Alliance: Justice League
Race: Speedster
ID: 1996821
Alternate name(s): Amag

That might've been me you saw offering 160t :P And in answer to your question about it, no, it's not really enough for a TuK that has any decent stats.

In answer to the original question, I personally never liked ascending. I don't think it's worth the time or resources if you can buy a TuK, but that's just me. It's not as fun for me specifically, because you can't go to war effectively if you're stuck with only 31 covert as to not waste naq and keep getting sabbed because of it. You can't stand up for yourself very well while you're ascending.
-Silence will fall-

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Need a sig? Want one of the ones on display in the spoiler edited for your use? Just ask.

http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 8&t=174250 feedback
Cwalen
Fledgling Forumer
ID: 0

Thankfully you don't need to stand up for yourself while ascending.

Get 10K supers, arm them heavily and farm.
Huge MS.
0 def.
Lots of covert to be able to see targets.
Work your farming list so you don't waste IRL time.

Dump your returns into UP, and have lots of patience.

300K up, all the mercs available, and the basic requirements for ascending seems like a good strategy for eventually having a really significant ascended account.

Pushing some H@G into ascended along the way?

Mind you, my pirate kings are starting to feel a bit like they are sailing the wide accountant-sea.

Might take me a year or so, but at half an hour a week, that's only three work days.
HMM, starting to see why people pay $.

<rocks back and forth chanting bots are bad>
Field Marshall
Forum Zombie

Cwalen wrote:Thankfully you don't need to stand up for yourself while ascending.

Get 10K supers, arm them heavily and farm.
Huge MS.
0 def.
Lots of covert to be able to see targets.
Work your farming list so you don't waste IRL time.

Dump your returns into UP, and have lots of patience.

300K up, all the mercs available, and the basic requirements for ascending seems like a good strategy for eventually having a really significant ascended account.

Pushing some H@G into ascended along the way?

Mind you, my pirate kings are starting to feel a bit like they are sailing the wide accountant-sea.

Might take me a year or so, but at half an hour a week, that's only three work days.
HMM, starting to see why people pay $.

<rocks back and forth chanting bots are bad>

What they said, play NG too, then you have 2 decent accounts :D
Sol wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?

I think this is sig worthy in fact.
:o my first sigging. I sigged you too. <3
High Empty wrote:however people shouldn't have lvl 33 and 200mil spies and try to be in the top 10, it's unhealthy.
Cwalen
Fledgling Forumer
ID: 0

Too much of a clueless newby to know, does the * NG main account drive the ascended account with AP?

Return to “Newbie/ FAQ Forum”