Ascending so much less LF than farming.

Suggest any improvements
Cwalen
Fledgling Forumer
ID: 0

Ascending so much less LF than farming.

WOW!

I just had a look at my AP count! If I ascended right now.
4*10^13 LP Sounds good no?
I have 1*10^14 from farming. That is only a week or two's savings.

One third of that for months of building a main account?

<shrugs> I am only bitter at having wasted so much time, I really should have read more on this topic before committing to a strategy.

I know most everyone on the forum is LG already, and they don't want new punks breaking in by simply spending thousands of hours in main. 1000 times more AP or even 100 times is probably out of the question politically. 10 times would bring back a bit of balance for time put in ascending.

I'll lay out some arguments as to why a thousand times would be a good approach, if anyone cares to listen, until then I'll just reconsider my strategy.

First broken thing I have seen in SGW. :(
Z E R O
Forum Addict
Alliance: Jötunheim
Race: NanoTiMaster
ID: 1918344
Alternate name(s): Hymir

Re: Ascending so much less LF than farming.

Cwalen wrote:WOW!

<shrugs> I am only bitter at having wasted so much time, I really should have read more on this topic before committing to a strategy.

I know most everyone on the forum is LG already, and they don't want new punks breaking in by simply spending thousands of hours in main. 1000 times more AP or even 100 times is probably out of the question politically. 10 times would bring back a bit of balance for time put in ascending.

I'll lay out some arguments as to why a thousand times would be a good approach, if anyone cares to listen, until then I'll just reconsider my strategy.

Most everyone is LG already? Most of the forum community has unknown accounts..
Z E R O - Jötunheim - 1907332 - UnKnown of the TOLAH
*Zero - 1991093
Spoiler
Belsamber
Forum Expert
Alliance: GHOST RIDERS 2018
Race: GHOST RIDERS 2018
ID: 1992280

Z E R O wrote:
Cwalen wrote:WOW!

Most everyone is LG already? Most of the forum community has unknown accounts..

Yeah haha I was also mindblown by his statement
Spoiler
MEZZANINE wrote:Hey Bels,

Hows it going bud, you know I've had song stuck in my head all day, and now think I know why, tis your theme song

Well I don't know why I came here tonight
If Im lookin' for some love or a fight
Just a searching for place with some flair
but so drunk I could fall of my chair
Massers to the left of me, Diplo's to the right
Here I am, drunk in the forum with you
Drunk in the GateWars with you
12:30 *Matherion Attack defended 15 23,986,971 0 *8,785,373,000 *,874,130,048
14:27 ~Joker~ Attack defended 15 48,418,385 0 *,966,012,800,000 *,070,746,452,590
Cwalen
Fledgling Forumer

An over simplification.

LG at least, and yes Unknown generally.

The point was more, haven't been a newby for so long that it would take a wonderful mind to be able to have any comprehension at all as to what it is like.

The real issue is the orders of magnitude short of being vaguely appropriate that the current Main >> ascended conversion is.

LG+ Unknown especially have no vested interest in fixing this.
1000 times more LF for AP would let other people break in and be able to play.
Belsamber
Forum Expert
Alliance: GHOST RIDERS 2018
Race: GHOST RIDERS 2018
ID: 1992280

Cwalen wrote:An over simplification.

LG at least, and yes Unknown generally.

The point was more, haven't been a newby for so long that it would take a wonderful mind to be able to have any comprehension at all as to what it is like.

The real issue is the orders of magnitude short of being vaguely appropriate that the current Main >> ascended conversion is.

LG+ Unknown especially have no vested interest in fixing this.
1000 times more LF for AP would let other people break in and be able to play.

SO you want to make it even easier for someone to catch up with those of us who have been working for months/years
Spoiler
MEZZANINE wrote:Hey Bels,

Hows it going bud, you know I've had song stuck in my head all day, and now think I know why, tis your theme song

Well I don't know why I came here tonight
If Im lookin' for some love or a fight
Just a searching for place with some flair
but so drunk I could fall of my chair
Massers to the left of me, Diplo's to the right
Here I am, drunk in the forum with you
Drunk in the GateWars with you
12:30 *Matherion Attack defended 15 23,986,971 0 *8,785,373,000 *,874,130,048
14:27 ~Joker~ Attack defended 15 48,418,385 0 *,966,012,800,000 *,070,746,452,590
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Your calculations are completely incorrect. :smt043
~wolverine~
Forum Addict

Juliette wrote:Your calculations are completely incorrect. :smt043

:smt043 :smt043
Duderanch
Internet Hero
Alliance: MaYHeM
Race: Ancient
ID: 58491

How about, rather than laughing at him, you explain to him where he went wrong?
The trade broker reports trade from Surtr to *Teesdale_ of 100,000,000 Naq for 33,000,000,000,000 Naq is complete.

Barbara! says: haha ok you can have a piece of my soul for 50bil naq

Skype= dan_P_@msn.com
Teesdale
[21:06:02] Jake/Tees: does black market work in there?
[21:06:18] robert: nah
[21:06:24] robert: uu go in miners
[21:06:24] Duderanch: Yeah Ben said did but can't untrin miners so no point
[21:06:37] Jake/Tees: sweet, so methlad not be able to fight back :D
[21:06:46] Jake/Tees: EADC
Naq sold in 2017 - 21q
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Duderanch wrote:How about, rather than laughing at him, you explain to him where he went wrong?
Already done that in PM, way before laughing at him. :)
Sniperwax
Forum Regular

Juliette wrote:
Duderanch wrote:How about, rather than laughing at him, you explain to him where he went wrong?
Already done that in PM, way before laughing at him. :)

Based = Covered
Cwalen
Fledgling Forumer

There was an order of magnitude of error in my calculations.

The gambit claim of 100 or 1000, should have been 10 or 100.

I am still of the belief that there should be a significant change, *(4-10) this is important enough to take some time to consider how best to explain what I see.

Put simply, when I attain a significant position in ascended, I would like the feeling that I had achieved something, and that there would be a steady stream of new people, who appreciated what that achievement was.

I haven't triple checked my assumptions, or done the maths, I am wondering how many years of work it takes to get into this club, and if it is the steady influx of new members that makes most sure that the current system works.

I'll consider this well, I assume that many of the things I have to say will not sit sweetly on my tongue or some people's ears.
Am Heh
Forum Expert
Alliance: The Legion
ID: 1920361

Well ascend with APP should give you enough to get into the mix.

Just remember, us unknowns have been building up for a bit on main, if the next ascension is released, we are gonna get a lot of APP and if u want them to up the rate even higher, we will have an higher advantage if that day comes.
I give peace for traders
Cwalen
Fledgling Forumer

I am not so concerned about my personal position as I am for the position of any relatively new player.

A healthy game gives a new player a path to join the leading pack.
Because people drop out now and then.
Aside from keeping the numbers up, new players bring fresh perspective and energy.

By my gut feelings, 25 ascensions in Main done powerfully, take years of patience and slow growth.
Thousands if not tens of thousands of hours spent at the keyboard.
I don't have an estimate on the number of dollars. I am sure that my hourly rate multiplied by the hours, invested for the years, would leave me with some change.

With that as a barrier to entry?

The early adopters have years of game play, the experience of moving up as a pack through the ranks.
New players have avuncular-ism from established players, very little else of entertainment.

My ignorance of GW is quite astounding, and my self editing is not all it should be when I am drunk.
I stand by my initial reaction that it might be foolish to impose such a large barrier to entering into the active community in ascended, assuming the desired outcome is an active rabble of players, rather than a senate of the old guard.

All heil eris.
Cwalen
Fledgling Forumer

Specifically, I invite anyone with more knowledge to assist me in this calculation.
I don't have knowledge of the game above prior, mechanic may differ in ways I cannot understand without assistance.

TOTAL COST in NAQ of 25 big Ascensions. 900K up 37/37 cov.
(bit of an arbitrary point given the new APP=>LF )
betty calc reports
675,000,750,000,000 for the UP.
824,633,720,826,000 for the cov.
2,324,268,291,652,000 NAQ?

5.8×10¹⁶ Naq to go all the way.

POTENTIAL INCOME.

PPT protected farm income? 20 trillion a week would look big to me. 2*10^10.
2.9*10^6 weeks to get there that way.
Obviously that is taking the starting point and assuming every step was as large.
Could a living god assume a 200 Trillion income in six days? At that point it is only 2.9*10^5 weeks for someone new to catch up.

FARMING? I don't know what forces are keeping the farming lists the way they are, but 60 billion is a decent enough farm. There are plenty of them, A thousand turns yields almost 84 attacks if you are at war with your target, income of 5 Trillion 5*10^9. If you buy turns? That drops to 3.5*10^9 Which takes 16571428 sets of 1000 turns to get to a full powerful ascession. Takes me about 3 seconds an attack, at best, but I have the worlds worst bandwidth. 132 years of solid online play, is what it would take me in attacks to get 25* 900 37/37 ascensions.

RAIDING?
Had a nice little list worked up before I decided to try farming, 200 hits usually got me into trouble, it was a clan base I was raiding. Some 100+ hits, enough lower ones to cut out at 60.

Working a raiding list is time effective, One click to acquire the target, many taps to farm it down.
I haven't looked at this for a while, so if someone could just give me an expected return, in time IRL/Trillions?
(publicly)

I suspect Farming doesn't get much more profitable.
Just growing, wont get you 25 big ascensions in a lifetime.
How many hours of looking at a screen and raiding does it take to get 5.8×10¹⁶ Naq to go all the way?

Show me where the maths is wrong, I am a psychology/studies in religion major, I am not even ashamed of slipping a decimal point now and then. No real game world that had any hope of introducing new players would require hundreds of years of screen time to catch up. Lifetimes of slow growth. I obviously have made a mistake in my assumptions.

Will someone help me complete this calculation?

<edit, 290000 weeks. 55 centuries, of growing, not the 5500 initially quoted.>
Z E R O
Forum Addict
Alliance: Jötunheim
Race: NanoTiMaster
ID: 1918344
Alternate name(s): Hymir

Those uber beefed up max LF return ascenscions are a bit off the wall :P...

Ascending that large is a bit of a fool's journey. You would have the ascended account to prove your wasting of naq on an epic proportion, but it would take a long time to recieve all your Life Force that has been converted from APP.

I personally would suggest going a more minimalist route, and being an avid farmer on ascended. Perhaps a couple large ascenscions to get the ascended within farming range of all good targets, and a decent base of Personal levels to keep your from being descended.

Do the rest at base minimum requirements, it's possible to do them all within 2 weeks of each other if you are active. Should be easier nowadays than it was many years ago.. and if people could do it then, it can surely be done now.
Z E R O - Jötunheim - 1907332 - UnKnown of the TOLAH
*Zero - 1991093
Spoiler

Return to “Suggestions”