Ascending so much less LF than farming.

Suggest any improvements
Sniperwax
Forum Regular
ID: 0

Re: Ascending so much less LF than farming.

Cwalen wrote:Specifically, [spoiler]I invite anyone with more knowledge to assist me in this calculation.
I don't have knowledge of the game above prior, mechanic may differ in ways I cannot understand without assistance.

TOTAL COST in NAQ of 25 big Ascensions. 900K up 37/37 cov.
(bit of an arbitrary point given the new APP=>LF )
betty calc reports
675,000,750,000,000 for the UP.
824,633,720,826,000 for the cov.
2,324,268,291,652,000 NAQ?

5.8×10¹⁶ Naq to go all the way.

POTENTIAL INCOME.

PPT protected farm income? 20 trillion a week would look big to me. 2*10^10.
2.9*10^6 weeks to get there that way.
Obviously that is taking the starting point and assuming every step was as large.
Could a living god assume a 200 Trillion income in six days? At that point it is only 2.9*10^7 weeks for someone new to catch up.

FARMING? I don't know what forces are keeping the farming lists the way they are, but 60 billion is a decent enough farm. There are plenty of them, A thousand turns yields almost 84 attacks if you are at war with your target, income of 5 Trillion 5*10^9. If you buy turns? That drops to 3.5*10^9 Which takes 16571428 sets of 1000 turns to get to a full powerful ascession. Takes me about 3 seconds an attack, at best, but I have the worlds worst bandwidth. 132 years of solid online play, is what it would take me in attacks to get 25* 900 37/37 ascensions.

RAIDING?
Had a nice little list worked up before I decided to try farming, 200 hits usually got me into trouble, it was a clan base I was raiding. Some 100+ hits, enough lower ones to cut out at 60.

Working a raiding list is time effective, One click to acquire the target, many taps to farm it down.
I haven't looked at this for a while, so if someone could just give me an expected return, in time IRL/Trillions?
(publicly)

I suspect Farming doesn't get much more profitable.
Just growing, wont get you 25 big ascensions in a lifetime.
How many hours of looking at a screen and raiding does it take to get 5.8×10¹⁶ Naq to go all the way?

Show me where the maths is wrong, I am a psychology/studies in religion major, I am not even ashamed of slipping a decimal point now and then. No real game world that had any hope of introducing new players would require hundreds of years of screen time to catch up. Lifetimes of slow growth. I obviously have made a mistake in my assumptions.[/spoiler]

Will someone help me complete this calculation?

You really don't need so many big ascensions to be honest. 1 very good one should give you ample APP for the next year or more under the new system, no? If you are still needing APP a year or two from now you can make sure to only ascend to lvl 22 keeping your TUK ascension on hold in case another huge ascension is needed. Another option is to go to TUK and patiently wait for lvl 24 to be released like everyone else.

I could be way wrong here but it seems like the downside of the new system is you cannot do AT refills until you clear out the APP from that 1 big ascension yet you still only get 100t LF cache in 5 mos same as before but over time. Non-TUKs got nerfed in that regard they got substantially more from 5 month steroid injection to the eyeball + AT refills. Around 700q less DMU per 5 months by my farming standards poof gone like the wind baby :)

I am more curious why anyone would do 25 huge ascensions. Are you planning to play this game for like 15 more years? You and I need to have a little talk if you are.
Cwalen
Fledgling Forumer

I have to agree, it is a complete fools mission.
Glad someone with the knowledge to back that up stepped forward.
I explored it as a path to getting relatively quickly to a decent position in ascended,

Turns out that the clever money is on finding the most cost effective investment on NAQ-assets-APP.

Until I have other objections, I return to the topic.
"Ascending so much less LF than farming?"

There is no shot of steroids in the side of the eye, main growth is lucky to equal ascended growth in the same time, allowing a simple doubling for those still coming up.
The gradual feed leaves newly ascending people unwilling to trade for turns.
Ascending is so much less than farming.

Especially with the new function, I call this broken.
Unknowns will look at their own up and feel proud and sure. If the game balance shifts too far all we need is a new ascession to let the old guard be totally secure.

New players will fling up through the inactive ranks and be able to nip the heals of the high and mighty.

100 times might be too much to ask, I do ask why not 10?
Rienna
Really Rienna :p
Alliance: T I T α N S
Race: Tollen
ID: 91926
Alternate name(s): La Reine Du Chaos

I am not new to ascended, rather, recently returned. I was lucky enough that my planet growth continued when I was elsewhere, so I am alot further than most newbies, but I have to say... 2 years ago when I ascended it was worth the LF... now?... I can get far more from farming in a few minutes than an entire ascension that I had to work so hard for in main? it's not worth it. Not at all.

I honestly wish I had taken the time to ascend all the way before I walked away 2 years ago, now I doubt I will ever finish ascending. And the sad part is that I play ascended far more than main, always have, but why rebuild my main account when I can farm and have more instantly? The amount the "feed" releases to me every turn is less than I get from one farm hit after any repairs is converted to. Pointless, really.
Cwalen
Fledgling Forumer

That is my understanding Rienna.
A well informed break down of NAQ to LF
Compared with DMU to LF

Should make the case clearer.

I am too much of a noob to know what to write, let alone be listened to.

<edit LF rather than APP. >

Return to “Suggestions”