Attack creates planet rehabilitation and Raiding possibility

Suggest any improvements
Visentinel
Forum Intermediate
Race: Visacious
ID: 0

Attack creates planet rehabilitation and Raiding possibility

Hello everyone

I was daydreaming and i was thinking about how we loose planets on ascended when attacking and i got thinking how wierd it is when you attack your sending fleets produced by your planet not the planets, funny tho how the planets get decimated all the way aback in your home systems :smt042

Now i started thinking of a way this can continue to make sense without changing game mechanics (obviously you need to take losses when you attack one way or another but maybe it can be changed and still be super cool :smt025 )

So here is what i thought, feel free to comment any way you like, let me hear your negative and positive "Constructive" feedbacks and any ideas you have that might improve this.

I want to explain this in as much detail as possible so my vision is made whole as best as i can so bear with me as i go through everything.

----------

Introduction

Planets produce Fleets, Fleets fly out into the galaxy and attack other Gods systems to take what is theirs and destroy.

During war, people die entire generations know nothing but war and they die by the billions, the affect this has on your home systems populations is devastating.

your worlds do get destroyed when attacking others. But only environmentally and economically through devastatingly low populations left over after generations of war, (Why did our holy god drain only our planets and not the others !? - he must work in twisted ways)

Once the war is over, well kept records show 2,122,256 of our worlds have been devastated of sustainable population, My liege we must rehabilitate these worlds soon or loose them forever.

(Lets be clear tho, if someone else attacks you, Your worlds WILL be obliterated through orbital bombing, biological warfare and other equally sick and twisted ways that will forever turn that planet into a worthless heap of rock) (Been massed = you loose it forever)

--------------------

Chapter 1 - Planet rehabilitation

Now i will explain how we make this possible in game mechanics :smt047

Two new powers, "Population Rehabilitation" & "Environmental Repair"

Together these two tensors dictate how quickly these planets come back into re-circulation

I was thinking around 1 week it takes for a planet to come back at first, as in power level 1 for both those tensors, and it starts to get comically expensive once you get these powerful enough that planets return to circulation in just 3 days, some people may get it down to 2 days if you want to spend enough DMU that could of invented time travel instead...

Chapter 2 - Bringing them back

Where do these planets go after they have been repaired ?
We could add another new planet type
under unvisited planets Sol could add "Rehabilitated Planets"

from there, you can reclaim them back to unvisited planets (so why put them in that category only to be able to reclaim back to a single category ? - Read On ! !)

Chapter 3 - The Twist !

Re Introduce Raid to Ascended, however it only steals rehabilitated planets :smt107
Why ? well planet rehabilitation is a lengthy complicated process and it cannot be carried out in the original planets orbit, the enemy can see this and plan a co-ordinated well timed strike into these rehabilitation systems and round up these planets en mass and take them home, their populations already decimated, brainwashing these populations is as easy as making eating and space-popcorn, not to mention the propulsion systems where already on the planets when they got installed to move the planets out there in the first place.

Edit, forgot this bit.
To not have the issue that in a very short time you just devastated 2 billion worlds massing someone, then in exactly that time in a few days 2 billion rehabilitated pop out, a randomization that places +/- 12 hours on the original death of those planets so after your rehabilitation count doesn't go nuts, OR just let it go nuts..... make it so these planets show up all at once inside that 30 minutes you killed them all then if u don't pay attention the guy you massed... gets his way with them.

Edit 2,
Yep im still thinking this through, finding flaws in my own thoughts.
So how does the enemy god successfully brainwash these "rehabilitated" populations ? well lets say that over hundreds of generations these pops have been regrown to billions of people, but they are newly regrown and not yet "re-indoctrinated" so over their regrowth several different tribes have created different beliefs and religions. Only after retraining these planets to unvisited planets do they see you return to their world and become indoctrinated again.
(better title)
Discuss !!! :-D :-D :-D
Last edited by Visentinel on Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie

Re: Super Cool Suggestion - 1 feature suggested 2 outcomes

I like it.

"What I want to see is a tight knit group not a collection of people pulling in different directions"
Deni
Sol
Forum Addict

Re: Attack creates planet rehabilitation and Raiding possibi

Ok, so correct me if I'm wrong (I read it briefly, busy busy busy), but this is what you're thinking:

- During enemy engagements a certain amount of planets are not physically destroyed but just uninhabitable etc, these are classed are not rehabilitated planets or untrained.

- A certain amount of planets will be rehabilitated based on a powerup or two and how long they have been 'out of action'. (maybe make that into x planets being rehabilited per turn change based on a powerup or two, makes things easier instead of tracking different lots of planets and when they were effected).

- Players can raid these rehabs (I would further suggest that these raided become 'uninhabitable themselves for the other player, so they will have to wait the time for them to become rehabs).

I reckon there will be a few flaws in regards to the last one.

Alright, anything I'm missing before I think about it?
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.
Visentinel
Forum Intermediate

Ok so i see your thinking of it more from the programmers point of view.

i was thinking all of the destroyed planets lost in attacking become rehabs over time, but if you want it as a percentage then that's your call, maybe a powerup making the percentage overall increased ?

rehabs can be raided yes, so if the player leaves to many rehabs out it can become profitable to raid them.
Sol
Forum Addict

Visentinel wrote:i was thinking all of the destroyed planets lost in attacking become rehabs over time, but if you want it as a percentage then that's your call, maybe a powerup making the percentage overall increased ?

Bit unfair then...the attacker kinda looses nothing in the end...
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.
Visentinel
Forum Intermediate

fair enough

let us know when you might consider this a real update ;)

Return to “Suggestions”