Sending Resources Under Vacation

Specific to server: "GateWars: New Grounds"
Slim87R
Forum Expert

Sending Resources Under Vacation

When you send someone resources while they are on vacation, does the resources actually send, or does the sender just lose those resources? May sound like a dumb question, but essentially an account under vacation is frozen in state, but nothing stops you from sending resources and those resources do deduct from the sender.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Re: Sending Resources Under Vacation

No, the way it is, you can send resources to accounts on vacation (same as Main), and they will receive the resources (instantly, but they cannot log on until at least 2 days have passed).

Hope that helps?
Duderanch
Internet Hero
Alliance: MaYHeM
Race: Ancient
ID: 58491

So someone could go on vacation for 2 weeks, get sent naq everyday, come off vac and have the naq there waiting for them? :?
The trade broker reports trade from Surtr to *Teesdale_ of 100,000,000 Naq for 33,000,000,000,000 Naq is complete.

Barbara! says: haha ok you can have a piece of my soul for 50bil naq

Skype= dan_P_@msn.com
Teesdale
[21:06:02] Jake/Tees: does black market work in there?
[21:06:18] robert: nah
[21:06:24] robert: uu go in miners
[21:06:24] Duderanch: Yeah Ben said did but can't untrin miners so no point
[21:06:37] Jake/Tees: sweet, so methlad not be able to fight back :D
[21:06:46] Jake/Tees: EADC
Naq sold in 2017 - 21q
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

Duderanch wrote:So someone could go on vacation for 2 weeks, get sent naq everyday, come off vac and have the naq there waiting for them? :?
Yes. I see your point. Might be another good thing to improve NG over Main again. I can see the trouble with it.
RepliMagni
Forum Addict
Alliance: Loner :P
Race: NanoTiMaster
ID: 1908448

Duderanch wrote:So someone could go on vacation for 2 weeks, get sent naq everyday, come off vac and have the naq there waiting for them? :?
Back in 05 when ppts were only $$$ bought, people would use this vac trick to get spy lvls, etc. Then ppt became an in-built part of main and it became a pointless exploit. I thought Jason had put something in to stop it, but suppose not if it's here in NG still?
Slim87R
Forum Expert

Nice, build up many thousands of MS, then go on vacation. Leave it on vacation and build up massive amounts in naq transfers. No defense or synchronization required. I like it.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

You will forgive us for not thinking of this exploit. The last time this was a problem (and even then, an inefficient one) was 8 years ago, and there have been no indications of abuse thus far. Might change now that people have been made aware of it, but hey, that is what fixing it is for. :)
I mean, in all honesty, it did take players almost a year of live to figure out this is even an option.

Still, for those who want to be naughty cats, the trade restrictions function well. I will see to it that interactions with vacationed accounts reminisce more of Ascended (extremely strict) and less of Main (almost complete interactivity).

You will also notice the change in tone on the subject; that is the result of a chat on the subject with the Master.
Slim87R
Forum Expert

Juliette wrote:You will forgive us for not thinking of this exploit. The last time this was a problem (and even then, an inefficient one) was 8 years ago, and there have been no indications of abuse thus far. Might change now that people have been made aware of it, but hey, that is what fixing it is for. :)
I mean, in all honesty, it did take players almost a year of live to figure out this is even an option.

Still, for those who want to be naughty cats, the trade restrictions function well. I will see to it that interactions with vacationed accounts reminisce more of Ascended (extremely strict) and less of Main (almost complete interactivity).

You will also notice the change in tone on the subject; that is the result of a chat on the subject with the Master.
So if someone gives resources to an account on vacation trouble is to be had? I don't get the reference of main vs ascended you just put up, I don't really play either. Also, does this go to the top of the list for fixes, or just something that will get fixed eventually? Haven't heard anything about fixes down the pipeline in a while now...
Slim87R
Forum Expert

Well, no response, and I don't see anything about it in the rules, so I guess it is ok and you just don't like the idea of it? It is starting to feel like the NG community isn't there anymore becaause nothing seems to be going on. Also game improvements or the attempt thereof seem to have completely dissappeared. The administration isn't thinking about abandoning Newgrounds is it? :smt091
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

Nonsense. We have released 23 separate minor updates since March 1st, fixing 'under the hood' issues. That is an ongoing process, and while there are a few bigger things that need attention, all that is being worked on. You might not know this, but I do this as a volunteer. While I do not have much to do, I do make sure to get a few assignments per week. Excuses? No, I ask for a little bit of perspective. :? I understand that continuously not meeting self-imposed deadlines is a very poor show, and for that I do apologise. I am, however, working with what I have.

As for the issue at hand, I have said before that I will make the interaction between accounts on and off vac to resemble Ascended, i.e. none (bar looking [and only looking] at it directly through the ID). Yes, that is a priority.
Any use of the exploit from now (*mark*) up until the time when it gets fixed is bug abuse, and will be handled with prejudice. (And since everything anyone does is logged.. we will know. Action may be slow, but decisive.)
Slim87R
Forum Expert

Cool, now I have a clear cut answer. Also, in order to help some of us get away from the idea that New Grounds is dead, it would be nice to have some kind of an update every once in a while. Even if it is just a quick post that some minor fixes were made.

Also, thanks for the volunteer work. I don't mean any disrespect, I just need to know I am not wasting my time on a game that is about to disappear.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

Slim87R wrote:Cool, now I have a clear cut answer. Also, in order to help some of us get away from the idea that New Grounds is dead, it would be nice to have some kind of an update every once in a while. Even if it is just a quick post that some minor fixes were made.
Okay, I see your point, very fair. I will keep an eye on that. :)
Slim87R wrote:Also, thanks for the volunteer work. I don't mean any disrespect, I just need to know I am not wasting my time on a game that is about to disappear.
Well.. we are going to stay around for a very long time.. the way it is going currently, definitely just as long as Main (which is reserved indefinitely). Thanks, sorry, I got a little frustrated. ;)
Meechum
Forum Newbie
ID: 0

Juliette wrote: Any use of the exploit from now (*mark*) up until the time when it gets fixed is bug abuse, and will be handled with prejudice. (And since everything anyone does is logged.. we will know. Action may be slow, but decisive.)
I know the "ignorance is no excuse" perspective, but I am hoping that you will be lenient with anyone in-game that is not a forum regular that makes this mistake. Something like an in-game warning before handling it with prejudice.

I'm not talking about me. I held off sending when someone was on L25 vacation because I knew about this perspective, but many could miss it, and I don't think that reading the forums should be a requirement of the game. If the game mechanics allow it, and it isn't under the in-game Help&Rules button, there should be some leniency.

Also, important rules changes/updates, if and when they occur could also use an in-game notification like that seen in Main. :-)

FINALLY, thank you for all your work Juliette! It is appreciated.
Slim87R
Forum Expert

Meechum wrote:
Juliette wrote: Any use of the exploit from now (*mark*) up until the time when it gets fixed is bug abuse, and will be handled with prejudice. (And since everything anyone does is logged.. we will know. Action may be slow, but decisive.)
I know the "ignorance is no excuse" perspective, but I am hoping that you will be lenient with anyone in-game that is not a forum regular that makes this mistake. Something like an in-game warning before handling it with prejudice.

I'm not talking about me. I held off sending when someone was on L25 vacation because I knew about this perspective, but many could miss it, and I don't think that reading the forums should be a requirement of the game. If the game mechanics allow it, and it isn't under the in-game Help&Rules button, there should be some leniency.

Also, important rules changes/updates, if and when they occur could also use an in-game notification like that seen in Main. :-)

FINALLY, thank you for all your work Juliette! It is appreciated.
+1

I can see this turning into a **Filtered** storm if someone gets banned for a rule they had no idea existed.

Return to “New Grounds General”