Suggestions for plague tournament

For general discussion about the tournament, battles, vendettas and for requesting team members or requesting to be apart of a team.
Sol
Forum Addict
ID: 0

Suggestions for plague tournament

Had a few:
- Fix the rewards based on gameplay - suiciders get much less etc.
- Have mass skiver attack LF instead of LFR (I may just have this for larger infected).
- I'll provide a larger range of bigger infected (instead of having just massive jumps between sov's the brothers and the butcher, gives a bit more of a challenge and such).
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.
ƒëmmë
Forum Elite
Alternate name(s): ƒëmmë ƒatalë
temptress
cleo_catra

Re: Suggestions for plague tournament

personal peeve, that those that sit back and do nothing get to stay in Tourney .. seen a couple that did no attacks or sphinons still in before I got killed.

those that suicided at start, ie did not want to take part once they sort what type of Tourney it was should get nothing

live or even delayed logs for those that were in but got killed, woke up dead would like to known what happened in the interum and who is still in.

and I still want some of whatever you used to be undead :D
To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence;
supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
-Sun Tzu, the Art of War
31/07/2012 6:13:16 AM Hope Light ID's mean nothing imo if you can back yourself up.
31/07/2012 6:13:22 AM Hope Light only **Filtered** hide them.
Be careful who you trust, even the devil was once an angel
veritas vos liberabit
Forums own rules
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 7#p2510387
Spoiler
Section Admins - who will be 'in charge' of the section in question. They will be responsible for the overall feel of the section, the setup/structure, and most importantly the community/users in the section. This will incorporate the old 'ombudsman' role. And insofar as the Section Admin is responsible for the users, they are also responsible for the high level mod behaviour towards the users.
So -as a user - if you have an issue with how you are treated, rules, bans, whatever --goto the section admin... They are there for you!

There is no 'reporting structure' in this setup -- tech, mod, and section admins are all on equal footing, each with their own (somewhat overlapping) responsibilities.
Mods report directly to the mod admin, and indirectly to the section admin for the section in which they mod.
Clockwork
The Ablest Man
Alliance: Multiverse
Race: Clockwork Admin
ID: 1940718

Firstly, well done on coming up with an interesting and completely different type of tournament that promotes team play much more than any before.

My suggestions.

1) the datapad was a good RP way of giving people an idea about what the tournament involved, but for whatever reason a large number of people just didn't understand it. I would add a brief summary or FAQ on the nature of the tournament, along with suggestions on how to survive.

2) give players the opportunity to actually survive, make it hard sure, but let them have a chance of killing off everything and curing the infection.

3) remove anything that "1shots" people, that's just not a fun mechanic, 2 or 3 shot, sure, but "1shot" without the ability to do anything to defend against it (or allow anybody still in the tournament to assist) was the source of much complaint.

4) increase turn generation based on the total number of players who entered v the percentage of players remaining.

5) the chat box was great, it should be used more oftern, maybe have it as a race chat box all the time but certainly use it for all future tournaments.
Admin for all the Forum things...
Click Me for forum rules.
Click Me for Game admin contact details.
ƒëmmë
Forum Elite
temptress
cleo_catra

agree the datapad thing was way too lengthy.. then again I'm not into roleplaying much
supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
-Sun Tzu, the Art of War
31/07/2012 6:13:16 AM Hope Light ID's mean nothing imo if you can back yourself up.
veritas vos liberabit
Forums own rules
Spoiler
Section Admins - who will be 'in charge' of the section in question. They will be responsible for the overall feel of the section, the setup/structure, and most importantly the community/users in the section. This will incorporate the old 'ombudsman' role. And insofar as the Section Admin is responsible for the users, they are also responsible for the high level mod behaviour towards the users.
So -as a user - if you have an issue with how you are treated, rules, bans, whatever --goto the section admin... They are there for you!

There is no 'reporting structure' in this setup -- tech, mod, and section admins are all on equal footing, each with their own (somewhat overlapping) responsibilities.
Mods report directly to the mod admin, and indirectly to the section admin for the section in which they mod.
Z E R O
Forum Addict
Alliance: Jötunheim
Race: NanoTiMaster
ID: 1918344
Alternate name(s): Hymir

I didn't get any kills, because I didn't exactly figure out what I was doing until there was basically only sovereign's left. I still liked the concept of the tournament, if we have another of this type I think i'll enjoy it more with a bit more previous knowledge. So, I think the datapad/explanations could use work.. I like the idea of adding more difficulties of NPC's. As much as I like Clockwork's idea of allowing it to be winnable, it would have to be VERY hard, and require basically everyone involved to pull off.
Z E R O - Jötunheim - 1907332 - UnKnown of the TOLAH
*Zero - 1991093
Spoiler
Sol
Forum Addict

fem fatale wrote:personal peeve, that those that sit back and do nothing get to stay in Tourney .. seen a couple that did no attacks or sphinons still in before I got killed.
Aim of the tourney is to stay alive :P doesn't necessarily mean you have to kill anything...
fem fatale wrote: those that suicided at start, ie did not want to take part once they sort what type of Tourney it was should get nothing

live or even delayed logs for those that were in but got killed, woke up dead would like to known what happened in the interum and who is still in.

and I still want some of whatever you used to be undead :D
That was already on the suggestions list, gonna do it.
As for the logs, I kinda like the secrecy of it though. Other tournaments were more of a competitive match against each other, this one is just a stay alive as long as you can :P.

@clockwork, thank you ;).
1) there is a summary at the bottom, but most of the survival stuff I feel should be up to players to figure out, not be told. It is a hard balance to do though...on one hand this was a new tourney with a lot of info - I suspected you all wouldn't do really well because of that tbh - and on the other if I had too little then I would get too many questions, so I divided most up and created sections headings etc so people could skim through when they needed to instead of asking.

2) Completely destroys the point of the tourney and disrupts the whole idea of staying alive to get a bigger reward :P, maybe if I make a zombie tourney (fairly easy with this framework) I could do that...would be much more fitting.

3) 1shot? As in like 1 hit kill?

4) The old mechanic was still in, turns doubling for <10 players. I don't really see why it should be increased at all though? You generally don't magically create more turns if you've been trapped on a ship and been dying the passed few days xD

5) could do a race chatbox...but I don't really see how it would make it any better? Except in the race war tournaments :P
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Clockwork
The Ablest Man
Alliance: Multiverse
Race: Clockwork Admin
ID: 1940718

Sol wrote: 2) Completely destroys the point of the tourney and disrupts the whole idea of staying alive to get a bigger reward :P, maybe if I make a zombie tourney (fairly easy with this framework) I could do that...would be much more fitting.

4) The old mechanic was still in, turns doubling for <10 players. I don't really see why it should be increased at all though? You generally don't magically create more turns if you've been trapped on a ship and been dying the passed few days xD

5) could do a race chatbox...but I don't really see how it would make it any better? Except in the race war tournaments :P
2) I'm not sure it would destroy the point of the tournament, but it would mean people had a chance of pulling together a getting a 'win'

3) yeah, not being able to defend against, or provide assistance to somebody getting hit, by an ability that kills you in 1 go. I know it speeds up the tournament, but a lot of people complained when they died to the butcher (as an example, and felt cheated in some way). I know they still get the reward, but it's more about the gameplay experience.

4) with the turns I had at the end, I could only scratch one of the two brothers, I had plenty of life force to burn, but the turns were just too shy. Maybe in this particular tournament, allow for the trading of turns in future?

5) chat box was cool,, just use it! :P. maybe have channels you can join (individual chat boxes).
Admin for all the Forum things...
Click Me for forum rules.
Click Me for Game admin contact details.
Sol
Forum Addict

Clockwork wrote:
Sol wrote: 2) Completely destroys the point of the tourney and disrupts the whole idea of staying alive to get a bigger reward :P, maybe if I make a zombie tourney (fairly easy with this framework) I could do that...would be much more fitting.

2) I'm not sure it would destroy the point of the tournament, but it would mean people had a chance of pulling together a getting a 'win'

3) yeah, not being able to defend against, or provide assistance to somebody getting hit, by an ability that kills you in 1 go. I know it speeds up the tournament, but a lot of people complained when they died to the butcher (as an example, and felt cheated in some way). I know they still get the reward, but it's more about the gameplay experience.

4) with the turns I had at the end, I could only scratch one of the two brothers, I had plenty of life force to burn, but the turns were just too shy. Maybe in this particular tournament, allow for the trading of turns in future?

5) chat box was cool,, just use it! :P. maybe have channels you can join (individual chat boxes).
3) Well.. it wasn't a 1 hit shot technically, all NPC's are restricted to the 2/5ths rule. Was a combination of Sierena and the butcher as well ;).

4) Hmm alright, anybody else feel the same way? I don't really like the idea of trading the turns :P. Destroys any strategy left, but I could allow for turns - > LF conversion.

Reminds me, considering adding an 'overboost' powerup that allows for the increase of LF passed the max (like in the case of reserves), it means TOCs can be increased and such.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Sniperwax
Forum Regular

Was the signup page misleading this tourney or was I just a little drunk maybe? I never signed up assuming it would pull everyone in the server in with that countdown timer clock. Mind you the first Arena I played was like that so it seemed legit.
Sol
Forum Addict

Sniperwax wrote:Was the signup page misleading this tourney or was I just a little drunk maybe? I never signed up assuming it would pull everyone in the server in with that countdown timer clock. Mind you the first Arena I played was like that so it seemed legit.
It did say you would be forced in xD. Doesnt matter anyway, not like anyone can hurt you. Butcher didn't start until 12 hours in i think.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Sniperwax
Forum Regular

Sol wrote:
Sniperwax wrote:Was the signup page misleading this tourney or was I just a little drunk maybe? I never signed up assuming it would pull everyone in the server in with that countdown timer clock. Mind you the first Arena I played was like that so it seemed legit.
It did say you would be forced in xD. Doesnt matter anyway, not like anyone can hurt you. Butcher didn't start until 12 hours in i think.
It did hurt me because I assumed I'd be pulled in and I wasn't and I had to sit around watching you guys have all the fun. On top of that the DMU outside of tourney sucked because all the active tourney peeps were *lawl'ing all the DMU outside of tourney very fanatically for at least the first 3 days.

So no tourney and no DMU to stalk. Double whammy :D Almost want to suggest the *lawls get temp. descended next tourney while mains are in tourney but that would be too wild a suggestion I reckon.
Rienna
Really Rienna :p
Alliance: T I T α N S
Race: Tollen
ID: 91926
Alternate name(s): La Reine Du Chaos

Sol wrote:3) Well.. it wasn't a 1 hit shot technically, all NPC's are restricted to the 2/5ths rule. Was a combination of Sierena and the butcher as well ;).

4) Hmm alright, anybody else feel the same way? I don't really like the idea of trading the turns :P. Destroys any strategy left, but I could allow for turns - > LF conversion.

Reminds me, considering adding an 'overboost' powerup that allows for the increase of LF passed the max (like in the case of reserves), it means TOCs can be increased and such.
3) most of us didn't have 2/5ths of our natural life force... and those NPC's broke the cooldown rules... we could only hit every 2 hours but they could hit multiple people every turn? c'mon...

4) I don't like the idea of trading turns for LF.... I understand where the suggestion comes from, but maybe just a market trade of LF for turns or vise versa :P

I LOVE the idea of overboost allowing you to increase ToC. At the beginning of this tournament your LF regened full amount and could take you over your limit, even just something like that would be nice.
Sol
Forum Addict

Rienna wrote:
3) most of us didn't have 2/5ths of our natural life force... and those NPC's broke the cooldown rules... we could only hit every 2 hours but they could hit multiple people every turn? c'mon...

I LOVE the idea of overboost allowing you to increase ToC. At the beginning of this tournament your LF regened full amount and could take you over your limit, even just something like that would be nice.
They respond to whoever hits them :P, and yeah, was a bit of a knee jerk, but you could obviously see how powerful they were so you knew that an ascended attack would come in to 2/5ths...

What I might do is allow the overboost, but have a few conditions; it will only kick in and max out to a TOC that is higher. So you won't be able to go to town on littler infected with a 10 bill TOC when your natural is only like 5 or something. And boosting over the max LF can only be replenished from hyper reserves (LFR Current - LFR max). So you will need 'extra' LFR to refill your 'extra' LF.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
ƒëmmë
Forum Elite
temptress
cleo_catra

@ Sol I wasn't refering to do anykills, I was refering to not doing anything at all.. there was some that made no hits at all and did not give shyphons to anyone that got through further than most.. the only thing they did was stand there and refill their own LF if needed..

also at the start some ppl I know are usually actve got killed off by the damn butcher before they got a chance to do anything.

and what about how the Butcher never actually died. I see Fric killed it but it had unlimited ascemded attacks, in unlimited times ie not the normal one person every 3hrs..

I don't get the point of us working together to kill of something that can't be killed..
ie people will wake up to the fact there is no point and start just killing of each other to be the last one standing.. bringing their damn stupid main game grudges/wars with them.
-Sun Tzu, the Art of War
veritas vos liberabit
Forums own rules
Spoiler

ƒëmmë
Forum Elite
temptress
cleo_catra

Sol wrote:

think he was refering to the Tourney where the whole server was made part of the tourney if they opted in or not.. (can't remember which number that was now... the races war one)..

but yes Sniperwax, must have been drunk as their was a tcikbox to join tourney :)
-Sun Tzu, the Art of War
veritas vos liberabit
Forums own rules
Spoiler

Return to “Tournament Discussion”