Speed up APP conversion

Suggest any improvements

Tweak APP conversion in favor of speeding it up slightly?

Yes
81%
No
19%

Total votes: 72
wardyward
Forum Irregular
ID: 52142

Re: Speed up APP conversion

SVaRuN wrote:I will however say that I believe speeding up the conversion at least x2 + adding option of turn refill for those who are waiting for Cashe to fill without losing all of it would be a step in the right direction.
+1
ID 52142
Huxley
Forum Elder
ID: 0

SVaRuN wrote:I will however say that I believe speeding up the conversion at least x2 + adding option of turn refill for those who are waiting for Cashe to fill without losing all of it would be a step in the right direction.
Yes, this at the very least - if they won't reintroduce the button to convert all.
WARNING: This post may contain traces of dry wit and sarcasm. If swallowed you should seek immediate medical advice. Gatewars.com accepts no responsibility for injury caused by taking any of this seriously.
wardyward
Forum Irregular

Another idea,

Remove the button completely, speed up the conversion by twice its speed now.
Then allow for a button just to refill turns every 2 weeks
ID 52142
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

wardyward wrote:Another idea,

Remove the button completely, speed up the conversion by twice its speed now.
Then allow for a button just to refill turns every 2 weeks
You're looking for free turn refills, eh? Never going to happen.
wardyward
Forum Irregular

no I mean a button to refill turns that doesn't go off APP, but only allows to refill every 2 weeks or so, basically the same amount of time it takes to acquire 18K APP
ID 52142
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

wardyward wrote:no I mean a button to refill turns that doesn't go off APP, but only allows to refill every 2 weeks or so, basically the same amount of time it takes to acquire 18K APP
Exactly, so a free AT refill. Wouldn't cost you anything except time. I think you see where this is going. ;)
Sol
Forum Addict

Juliette wrote:
wardyward wrote:no I mean a button to refill turns that doesn't go off APP, but only allows to refill every 2 weeks or so, basically the same amount of time it takes to acquire 18K APP
Exactly, so a free AT refill. Wouldn't cost you anything except time. I think you see where this is going. ;)
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

Sol wrote:
Juliette wrote:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
~Tziki~
Forum Addict
Alliance: The Order
Race: Drunken Monkey

Juliette wrote:
Your just being Pedantic.

if you generate 19k APP in 2 weeks, (for free...) then hit the button. It is exactly the same as being allowed to hit the button on a 2 week cool down timer.

the only difference is there nothing appears to be taken from you, when in reality as it is now nothing is taken anyway, since you didnt do anything to gain that 18k APP.

I have to agree with Reborn on everything he has said so far in this thread, and taking into consideration some of blue's calculations it has highlighted something that once again speaks for the flawed system that is currently here.

Those against this, are primarily those that already used it to their advantage and want to keep that advantage. If they see it as an advantage and want to keep it, then this is exactly why it should be put back. To make things fair. You cant build a server to revolve around keeping the rich rich, and keeping the poor poor. Everything has to be fair. The bigger accounts are older accounts, those accounts had the advantage of a DMU rich server due to inactivity, they also have years of CER growth, and years of changes to the ascended server from which to take advantage of at the time, and then laugh at others later on.

@SoL, i like you and what you have done for ascended, But your comments in this thread and about this subject are not proffessional enough for the position you hold. You are an admin of a game, and the players of the game are not happy about its design, some for personal reasons, some (like myself) in the interest of whats fair. Some like it as it is (those that have used past mechanics to get ahead and dont want others to be afforded the same chance). But never the less, YOU cant afford to take the attitude "ive talked about this, i wont hear more on it", if its being brought up again and again then you need to address it again and again until a more suitable solution is found.

I will go further on this matter to show how the system is flawed.

look at the top ToC's in game. Robe is ranked 3rd. Robe hasnt played for quite some time now, and yet she has remained in the top 3 ToC's for atleast 2 years.
The reason she has done so, without building, is because she played actively during a time that server was considered dead and much richer in DMU. New players arent afforded that time, and i dont see a time like that coming back anytime soon (in part due to SoL's great work promoting it) now this is just one Old player that was able to utilise a less popular server. There are others that still play, the majority of which... strangely... are against the very idea of this thread, why? because it levels the playing field and gives everyone the chance to build up/catch up slightly. Its giving a FAIR mechanic to those that didnt get to abuse the easy farming from 2 years ago.

everyone that comes here crying they dont want the APP conversion increased has a personal issue with it. iFlux for example. he was playing during the time instant conversion was available, his account was bad. id hazard a guess the APP conversion played a nice role in his current account set up.

look at Blue ones calculations, people are complaining about the conversion being an advantage, from Blue's number it shows you how it is limiting players and making them fall behind, even if you change the AT refill to just subtract 18k APP and have a 14 day cool down, that then means the conversion is still not granting you very much if anything at all, and thats on the assumption you have a farm list you worked 3 years on so you can keep up with the top farmers...

Long story short, SoL you HAVE to look at this again, or the server will go back on itself. The rich will be TOO rich and the poor TOO poor to care anymore. the server will go less active as people wont be able to compete in a fair way in tournaments, or for the new ranking system you put in.

This problem wont go away by ignoring it or refusing to work with players to fix it
--------
Scott - Harchester wrote:Kev is the Chuck Norris of Gatewars, He doesn't join active alliances - the active alliances join him.
frazz
Forum Irregular

its a condrum in a lot of ways im similar to reborn I stopped playing due to having my wee girl

and my account was reasonably ok even when I came back not brilliant but not the worse

but what we have is a situation where we have a situation where stats on main are eay to get and I think this links greatly with KJ's post about gnr awarded to players

when we all initially ascended you lost everything there wasn't the massive trading we have now to get back quickly.

Kev is also right that players who have already utilised the 23 ascensions are the ones who complain about the change most

im not one to say the button should be put back directly but I think the app could be increased to be able to allow for good ascensions the problem at the moment is that to farm a decent amount people cant buy the turns so are falling behind the ones fully ascended well then obviously don't want others to ascend again heres a slightly different scenario

as yourself if sol and admin descided to add another if ascensions to the mix would the people complaining about the change in ratio all of a sudden be complaining they cant convert instantly and farm as much - you of course would need to take away the purchase an ascension button to prove this

but I think we could be certain that the full server would want it changed

which makes me think could we in theory do this sol say for people to ascend further would we be able to set it so they had to have specifi covert/anti levels this would actually have a wider range effect throughout the server people being active

tie it in with covert and say they have to get 24k gnr once hit that level it brings a different dimension to main and ascended

also sol I love how you have brought activity to ascended particularly the lf tourneys
Spoiler
Denis Oman
‎18‎:‎43 frazz what are you doing with so many wepons :O‏

you scare me!

Forgot when you started playing?
This will remind you!
reborn
Forum Elite

223,383,259 (18,020 of which will not be converted) Ascension Points Available, this will eventually return 108,421,263,645,361 Ascended Life Force UNLESS you wish to convert all AP to turns by clicking the button, over there.

I guess ill use that then in 122 days then, oh w8 going to be even more on next one again.

Not bad for playing for under 40 days I get to w8 3 times the amount. The w8ing I can understand, maybe the time not so much.

But making were its just totally unbalanced were only a moron would use that much app to use a refill when others can use it once every 2 an half weeks just doesn't seem right.

Surely there can be another button were we can pay 18k app once every 2 and a half weeks can be put in.

Reborn.
Image x2 :smt081
Spoiler
teesdale wrote:im going to start calling you Mathod man... because i swear to god your as dense as Mathlord is when it comes to arguing.

Ignore valid points from everyone else and believe your own verbal diarrhea, the pair of you.
i just accidently abandoned that planet i just took
[02:02] Scott - Harch - :

<<< **Filtered** MY LIFEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
SVaRuN
Forum Elder
Alliance: The Legion
Race: Roman

the mystery of a missing button
Quae caret ora cruore nostro?
B0rg
Forum Grunt
Alliance: C.H.O.A.M.
Race: Tollan

Well said ~Tziki~, but it's no use, he won't listen.
This topic was discussed several times, it comes back every few months with more people on our side, giving reasonable arguments, and every time there is no answer or the same answer - big players ought to get more cause they need more. New players and small players are irrelevant.
Every single update is made in favor of those on top, making the distance between them and small fishes even greater.
Drone in charge
I am the Beginning, the End.
The One who is Many.
I am Borg, I am the Collective.
I bring Order to Chaos.
~Tziki~
Forum Addict
Alliance: The Order
Race: Drunken Monkey

B0rg wrote:Well said ~Tziki~, but it's no use, he won't listen.
This topic was discussed several times, it comes back every few months with more people on our side, giving reasonable arguments, and every time there is no answer or the same answer - big players ought to get more cause they need more. New players and small players are irrelevant.
Every single update is made in favor of those on top, making the distance between them and small fishes even greater.
And this comes from Borg, who i spied not to so long ago and his account is already pretty big!
So even a relatively big player can see how ridiculous this all is.

This topic/thread isnt going to go away just because your ignoring it. The only thing that will disappear is the players that are being screwed over to satisfy the moaning bigger players that like this unfair system because it keeps them ontop.
--------
Scott - Harchester wrote:Kev is the Chuck Norris of Gatewars, He doesn't join active alliances - the active alliances join him.
Slim87R
Forum Expert

~Tziki~ wrote:
B0rg wrote:Well said ~Tziki~, but it's no use, he won't listen.
And this comes from Borg, who i spied not to so long ago and his account is already pretty big!
So even a relatively big player can see how ridiculous this all is.

This topic/thread isnt going to go away just because your ignoring it. The only thing that will disappear is the players that are being screwed over to satisfy the moaning bigger players that like this unfair system because it keeps them ontop.
I dont understand why some players hate on Sol so much. He has done some great things for ascended. It is impossible to please everyone. I do think it is a good idea to increase coversion speed a little to help new ascended players get into the fray a little faster, but you have to take balance into account.

Return to “Suggestions”