Speed up APP conversion

Suggest any improvements

Tweak APP conversion in favor of speeding it up slightly?

Yes
81%
No
19%

Total votes: 72
~Tziki~
Forum Addict
Alliance: The Order
Race: Drunken Monkey

Re: Speed up APP conversion

Yes you do. And its not balanced.

People are still at the top that have gotten their during a time the server was dead and farming for 500t-1q was considered a normal hit. People who also got 1500 physicals when ascended was first brought out because they had the ability to instantly convert all APP, which at the time wasnt terrible (im believe that happened later, as Reborn has mentioned)

rank 3 ToC has been inactive for maybe 2 years now and stayed there, because its so in balanced and farming has become that much worse that those who profited/abused the previous economy are now laughing about it.

The idea is to prevent $$ being used to build a godly account. well it can still be done just by trading Naq for DMU, so nothing was achieved by implementing the APP.

No one is hating on SoL and what he has done for ascended, just the attitude taken towards this issue in particular.
--------
Scott - Harchester wrote:Kev is the Chuck Norris of Gatewars, He doesn't join active alliances - the active alliances join him.
Sol
Forum Addict
ID: 0

~Tziki~ wrote:Yes you do. And its not balanced.

People are still at the top that have gotten their during a time the server was dead and farming for 500t-1q was considered a normal hit. People who also got 1500 physicals when ascended was first brought out because they had the ability to instantly convert all APP, which at the time wasnt terrible (im believe that happened later, as Reborn has mentioned)

rank 3 ToC has been inactive for maybe 2 years now and stayed there, because its so in balanced and farming has become that much worse that those who profited/abused the previous economy are now laughing about it.

The idea is to prevent $$ being used to build a godly account. well it can still be done just by trading Naq for DMU, so nothing was achieved by implementing the APP.

No one is hating on SoL and what he has done for ascended, just the attitude taken towards this issue in particular.
Hate repeating myself, especially with this whole issue since I've said similar things over and over and over again.

New kids get a **Filtered** TON of LF when they start off. Min of 400 bill per day, that's 4 quad a day for doing nothing, for a new account. Not your account, a new account. (imma drag that other thread into here as well), they DON'T need an increase in dmu for AT conversions because of this.
Perhaps you don't understand, that's 0-1,073 physical attack for taking the rest of the day off, you think they can't catch up?

'But sooooooooool what if they can't get resources in main to ascend with to get APP's'
You get a default account with a stack of resources on when you ascend with NG, you wipe your bums with naq and you shoot UU for the funzies, nough said.

'But soooooooool it's not working, $$ traders are still gonna get dmu'z and and and peoples have a lot of dmu's for playing ascended when it wasn't cooooool'
Stiff **Filtered**.
$$ traders will always exist, but it's better I can cut an infected limb off than let them gain tons of dmu from opening up a major gateway.
Yeah sure, dmu was plentiful back in the day, but here's the thing, there are farmers getting MORE now than what I could get back in the day, and I thought I was a king. Secondly there are many more avenues for gaining dmu now then there have been before I started, thirdly stop **Filtered** about others that have played longer than you have and have more than you have.

Robe has been inactive for awhile yes, but I watched her build up her account every single day for ages, she has put in a fair bit of effort into it (and probably bought dmu from others as well, but who hasn't). Also the other kids behind her have only like 400 mill less TOC. If they maybe focus like hell on their TOC's I daresay they could catch up quite easily.

You seem stuck on this perspective that everyone who played ascended before it was cool had this bountiful world of dmu behind them, like they farmed maybe 5 mins a day and got 100 quad dmu, no.
There were far less planets back then, app was worth jack all, untrained planets didn't produce income yadda yadda yadda. WE ALL still had to farm our butts off to get places, the only benefit was not so many people turned around and massed you (I suggest you don't NAP anyone btw, you will get LOADS more dmu).

Ya sure some people gotta to convert a load or two of APP when I changed the rates, but that didn't last long, I changed it.

The other thing people seem to be scared of when they are fresh and new is the fact that there are few actives in the high high ranks, and all the cool kids have a few bill planets, yeah so, you expect some immediate boost for nothing? Oh wait...you get life forcies.

'But soooooooool I feel like I should get more LF faster cuz I'm like bigger and small amounts don't affect me as much and I'm a cool kid'
You do get more, you get 1 trill per day max @ 20 bill planets which is common, at that rate you would surpass the 100 trill per 6 month cap (of the olden days), in a 100 days or about 14 weeks or 3.6 months, so you get nearly double the old rate. At about 10 bill planets, even commoner, it's around the 6 months, aka normal.
No difference except you only get in small portions so you don't turn obese.

'But soooooooool I'm in a war and I can't get that many planets because I actually build stats'
Do you even know what a war is kid? You expect to actually live a resourceful rich life in one?

'But sooooooooool there's a big number there that I can't do anything about and it hurts me deep inside'
There is also a button there that says convert to AT's, that guess what, will give you unicorns At's, using up all your APP so you don't get hurt on the inside because there's a big number there that says you can't get it all.

'But Blue said things are impossible to catch up and he proved with calculations'
Ok, let's make a few assumptions to start things off:
- you start from 0 turns, you get the normal 11 per turn, in a week you get the 4k.
- Sure why not, you get 250 trill per hit, because you're not starving for dmu and you just happen to use all of your turns to farm with.

Tada you manage to farm 67 quad in that week, and farm another 67 quad in that second week. Sure you managed to gain the necessary APP to convert to turns, you convert to turns and you also farm the the 67 quad you get with that instantly because any more time wasted means more LF the alternate you gets from the conversion. So you managed to get 201 quad in total in 2 weeks.

Now here is the other you, we assume you hit the max lf per turn: You do nothing, you get 1 trill a day, 14 trill in 2 weeks so 140 quad overall.
You have stocked 4k turns from the first week netting you 67 quad, you stocked another 4k from the second week so you now have another 67 quad. You now have 274 quad in total for the 2 weeks.
Just for the kicks lets say you decide to go out and enjoy life for a week. You still have 7 quad more than the other alternate you and you farmed half as much as him/her.

Now I just hope you can follow my math.

So yes guys I've ignored this thread and I've ignored posts like this because no one has given me a persuasive argument yet, and I have spelled out this whole posts many times before.
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.
~Tziki~
Forum Addict

Sol wrote:You seem stuck on this perspective that everyone who played ascended before it was cool had this bountiful world of dmu behind them, like they farmed maybe 5 mins a day and got 100 quad dmu, no.
Yes, they could. did it myself. Hell until maybe 12 months ago i could log on and just farm 40-50q naq in 5-10 mins. Ive been playing this crap a long time, im not talking from things i imagined or relying solely on other peoples experiences. Ive been at the top and the bottom ive had established accounts and ive traded them out and started again several times. As far as rebuilding anything goes im pretty damn experienced in the matter. Also refer to Reborns comments regarding early stages of ascention when APP was worth more, or ascentioned contributing more allowing various players to get levels back then that are still considered above average now.. 7-8 years later.

regardless of facts etc, if the very issue is being debated and questioned THIS MUCH, clearly people are not happy with it. and the majority of those that support it only do so because they dont want to have to work to keep their current status, they want to be like robe. Take advantage of the economy, or the button that was there for quite some time. and then sit and get fat, laughing at people scrambling around trying to find enough targets with more than 200t out compared to the previous 500t-1q that was around.

debating it so heavily, should start bells ringing somewhere surely...
--------
Scott - Harchester wrote:Kev is the Chuck Norris of Gatewars, He doesn't join active alliances - the active alliances join him.
Sol
Forum Addict

~Tziki~ wrote:
regardless of facts etc, if the very issue is being debated and questioned THIS MUCH, clearly people are not happy with it.
People aren't happy because there is a bit of APP there that they can't convert to LF.
Simple fix, convert to turns.
~Tziki~ wrote: and the majority of those that support it only do so because they dont want to have to work to keep their current status, they want to be like robe. Take advantage of the economy, or the button that was there for quite some time. and then sit and get fat, laughing at people scrambling around trying to find enough targets with more than 200t out compared to the previous 500t-1q that was around.
Pfft, what do you want me to do? Just tell everyone that played ascended before it was mainstream, 'hey guys, the economy was better back in the day so I'm just gonna go ahead and freeze your accounts, stop all of your ascensions, so other guys can catch up'.

Here's the interesting thing, I have a backup from june 28 2011 that says the sum of all available incomes / actives = 25.9 trill
Similarly, the current db says sum of all available incomes / actives = 63.5 trill.
So active players nearly have 2.5 x the amount available to farm compared to players 2.5 years ago.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Sol
Forum Addict

1 **Anonymous** TOLAH 87,267,685,239,447,104
2 **Anonymous** TOLAH 81,925,415,234,820,992
3 **Anonymous** TOLAH 42,776,688,328,178,704
4 **Anonymous** INDU 36,955,659,420,743,520
5 **Anonymous** INDU 36,420,319,604,814,488

Seems like a few people are getting what you had, I see no problem.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
~Tziki~
Forum Addict

Sol wrote:1 **Anonymous** TOLAH 87,267,685,239,447,104

and how many AT's do they have left? and can they do it consistantly each day? did they buy that or get lucky? descend someone and have to wait 14 days to get that one hit?

another figure, cross server deals Naq for DMU.
The current rate is; 2t naq for 1q dmu
The rate i used to get; 1t naq for 4q dmu

just a little example of how much the economy has changed. DMU to Naq value has changed drastically.

If i put up a pole asking people if they feel it needs tweaking in favor of speeding it up slightly. Im not talking massively, just slightly. would you consider revising it if the majority vote showed the desire for it to be so?
--------
Sol
Forum Addict

~Tziki~ wrote:

and how many AT's do they have left? and can they do it consistantly each day? did they buy that or get lucky? descend someone and have to wait 14 days to get that one hit?

If i put up a pole asking people if they feel it needs tweaking in favor of speeding it up slightly. Im not talking massively, just slightly. would you consider revising it if the majority vote showed the desire for it to be so?
Probably could, I know 40 quad per day has been done successively.

And no, it's at where it should be. This isn't for old players, as you don't want it to be for. This was never meant for people to catch up to the top.
This was for new kids on the block as a supplement to their farming, while slowly becoming insignificant to them.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
~Tziki~
Forum Addict

Sol wrote:
~Tziki~ wrote:

And no, it's at where it should be. This isn't for old players, as you don't want it to be for. This was never meant for people to catch up to the top.
This was for new kids on the block as a supplement to their farming, while slowly becoming insignificant to them.

at where it should be is your oppinion, the vote should enlighten us as to what the majority believe? i respect your work, but sometimes its difficult to see slight flaws on your own. So lets see how this vote goes and what it may reveal. Though you have every right to ignore it anyway regardless of the result.
--------
Sol
Forum Addict

~Tziki~ wrote:
Sol wrote:
~Tziki~ wrote:

at where it should be is your oppinion, the vote should enlighten us as to what the majority believe? i respect your work, but sometimes its difficult to see slight flaws on your own. So lets see how this goes. Though you have every right to ignore it anyway.
My opinion takes into account what I see in the entirety of the game, not a few players that talk about their inability to farm as well as they have or complain that there is a big number that can't be retrieved in their lifetime.
I expect people will want to increase it, why? Because they obviously want more for themselves or so their friends get more.
I would expect nothing more, I would want it as well. Why not, free resources. It's not bad but everyone wants more resources for their account for nothing.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Sol
Forum Addict

By the nature of the proposition I wouldn't consider a vote, this is one of those things that has to be fought with decent valid reasoning.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
~Tziki~
Forum Addict

wouldnt say its free or for nothing, cost a lot in main, even with the use of $$'s. On my own, or reborn im a few. but 10 have voted already, i didnt even know that many ready this thread. How many active players would you say there are?

what would you consider deecent valid reasoning?

id have thought the requirement to wait 3-4 years to gain a mediocre amount of LFC was reason enough, when cross server deals or farming on its own would have the same rewards MUCH sooner, which is obviously the point but the difference is far greater than it should be. Thats the only issue, we all agree there has to be some level or control, but currently it seems to extreme.
--------
slx
Forum Irregular
Race: Sith

I can see the pros and the cons with such an update. But I believe it should be increased in some manner.

Most big players are fully ascended. there for how would they benefit from the increase? The increase would benefit new/smaller players who are still ascending. with being able to catch up faster and lvl the playing field out a bit.

I can also see how NG multis who ascend abuseing it. but honestly how big are the starting ascension accounts for a ng multi? would it really be a problem giveing them a 3 ascension boost to build.?? and some new players have NG multis as there cheaper and easter to find now adays why can't they hey a boost.

The conversion rate should be increased either a larger percentage a turn or where every 30 days u can ''Meditate'' allowing u to convert a percentage mabey 25% and it will still leak through at thecurrent rate. even that will still be a 3-4 month wait for the complete return instead of a year and a half.
NAQ SOLD TO DATE: 15 quad
UU SOLD TO DATE:2.3 trill
ACCOUNTS SOLD for $$$ TO DATE: 5
ACCOUNTS SOLD FOR RESOURCES TO DATE: 8

Trade Feedback

Spoiler
Image[ Image
~Tziki~
Forum Addict

slx wrote: The conversion rate should be increased either a larger percentage a turn or where every 30 days u can ''Meditate'' allowing u to convert a percentage mabey 25% and it will still leak through at thecurrent rate. even that will still be a 3-4 month wait for the complete return instead of a year and a half.
Did some nuumber crunching on that, i believe a 10-15% would be more suitable. its possible to get 500t cache with $$ infusions which would give you 100t cache every 90 days with the 20% so thats probably to much too quick. where as 50t per 90 days isnt so bad.
--------
Sol
Forum Addict

~Tziki~ wrote:wouldnt say its free or for nothing, cost a lot in main, even with the use of $$'s. On my own, or reborn im a few. but 10 have voted already, i didnt even know that many ready this thread. How many active players would you say there are?

what would you consider deecent valid reasoning?

id have thought the requirement to wait 3-4 years to gain a mediocre amount of LFC was reason enough, when cross server deals or farming on its own would have the same rewards MUCH sooner, which is obviously the point but the difference is far greater than it should be. Thats the only issue, we all agree there has to be some level or control, but currently it seems to extreme.
It doesn't cost much in main. Resources are abundant and you have several ascensions to attempt. You even start with a stack of resources with an NG account.

I consider decent valid reasoning, valid reasoning.

You see, 'mediocre amount' is arbitrary as **Filtered**, and that's the problem you seem to face. Consider about 3 posts up and add 'I'm not going to scale because 1. Nothing to scale against that can't be screwed around with and 2. see post'.

@slx, you assume a critical component to be false, 'all people that have finished ascending also have no APP'.
Also, new players don't even need an increase, I thought we established this in my first post.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
slx
Forum Irregular
Race: Sith

Sol wrote: @slx, you assume a critical component to be false, 'all people that have finished ascending also have no APP'.
Also, new players don't even need an increase, I thought we established this in my first post.
I'm not gonna lie I only did a quick reading on the whole thread ](*,) #-o

But as a whole there should be some increase.

If some ones gonna do a massive ascension run there still in The end gonna come out with a massive boost. why not speed it up a tad to keep there interest? would u like some.one to log in once every 30 days to use there app and be active or once every year to upgrade and continue to play the waiting game?

Most don't want a massive Increase just enough to make that year and a half wait down to a 6 months - a year wait
NAQ SOLD TO DATE: 15 quad
UU SOLD TO DATE:2.3 trill
ACCOUNTS SOLD for $$$ TO DATE: 5
ACCOUNTS SOLD FOR RESOURCES TO DATE: 8

Trade Feedback

Spoiler
Image[ Image

Return to “Suggestions”