Delaying Alliance Attack Logs? :o

What do you want to see in the game? what can be improved? any suggestions welcome here...
Dubby_CompGamerGeek2
Forum Addict
Alliance: TÅTS / TÅF
Race: Magnificent
ID: 83588
Alternate name(s): >> Skype: IrishHighlanders <<
Dublin Warrior, Dubby, Dubs, DW, CGG, DCGG2.
Paul, Paulie Boy!, Paulie, PAULIE!!!, PAULIE BOY!!!, Paul James, etc.

Delaying Alliance Attack Logs? :o

I've heard that there is a proposal with strong Admin Jason / Admin Juliette support to delay / lag (alliance?) attack logs by 30 minutes...

As a long-time former member as well as a long-time former leader of The Magnificents alliance,

I think that this would really hurt the ability of newbie and independent alliances

to survive in a game that is based in real time.

I would like the admins to address the community,
and share their reasons for why they think that an idea this dramatic is necessary at all,
let alone a 30 minute delay! :o

10/1/14 -

Currently live, and being tested on dev, is a 1 minute lag to attack logs.

- Caprila
Last edited by Caprila on Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Added update
IFLuX
Forum Elite
ID: 0

Re: Delaying Alliance Attack Logs? :o

There no need to be any reasons they are admins ... it's their game they can do what they want :smt060
Spoiler
mcdeadly . : i would rather eat stool from fluxes bumhole than fight alongside DDE!
Clockwork Ben Allman: Does not count if you pay for it flux, and tbh, you always 'pay' one way or another :P
anonymous :THIS should be the TAF motto..." Can't hack a war? Join TAF, just go inactive and let a couple guys carry you until the enemy gets bored!"
Loki: like i said before
Loki: denis doesnt have friends
Loki: just people he hasnt pissed off yet

[10:11:58 AM] Loki: I'm a sniper
[1:30:17 PM] Dean Bailey: tbh im not that sleep deprived
[1:30:26 PM] Dean Bailey: i had a super epic nap from 3PM till 6 PM
[1:30:52 PM] Dean Bailey: and thankfully it wasnt the kind of nap you have with TAF.

[19:59:26] Denis Oman: i never had sex with drugs
[19:59:32] Denis Oman: but i did when i was wasted as **Filtered**
[19:59:52] WarGuruBambi -DDE: Bad things happen when drunk lol
[20:00:10] WarGuruBambi -DDE: Dont get me wrong i love my son

CJO - Judgement HC
Scott form what I hear, no one in this game could beat you in an onliner, you have mad skills

[10:16 PM] Skeleton Crew - Judgement 3ic: Flux when are you going to accept that you have potentially one friend on this game and everyone else can't stand you? It's quite sad to watch.
[10:17 PM] Skeleton Crew - Judgement 3ic: I think the worst part is the obvious psychological issue that you maintain this facade of being better than everyone but also putting it down to accounts are what matter
Duderanch
Internet Hero
Alliance: MaYHeM
Race: Ancient
ID: 58491

Dubby_CompGamerGeek2 wrote: As a long-time former member as well as a long-time former leader of The Magnificents alliance,

I think that this would really hurt the ability of newbie and independent alliances

to survive in a game that is based in real time.
How so?
The trade broker reports trade from Surtr to *Teesdale_ of 100,000,000 Naq for 33,000,000,000,000 Naq is complete.

Barbara! says: haha ok you can have a piece of my soul for 50bil naq

Skype= dan_P_@msn.com
Teesdale
[21:06:02] Jake/Tees: does black market work in there?
[21:06:18] robert: nah
[21:06:24] robert: uu go in miners
[21:06:24] Duderanch: Yeah Ben said did but can't untrin miners so no point
[21:06:37] Jake/Tees: sweet, so methlad not be able to fight back :D
[21:06:46] Jake/Tees: EADC
Naq sold in 2017 - 21q
~Dä Vinci~
Forum Addict
Alliance: TÅÅE
Race: I Love Lampey!
ID: 1992329
Alternate name(s): ~Tom~, Andy, Field marshall, ETL, Huxley, rudy, borek, rocky, C2, bruno, harsasnails, robe, R8, couzens, Lord Katsumoto, Da reno, The Queen of england, and a pineapple but only on sundays.
Location: In Side Daku While playing on multis and useing my scripts

why would u delay it 30 mins makes no sense.. the only reason people would want it changed is because a certain alliance has a lot of log checkers lol and they catch most masses. hahaha
Last edited by ~Dä Vinci~ on Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Matt: I like men, especially when they are bent over in the shower.

Trade Feedback
Caprila
Grand Master of the Inquisition
Race: Immortal

This has been the hot potato topic of the last 4 irc meets. With them active again, it's a great place to hear the admin thoughts, direct from the source so to speak ;)

The 'for a change' arguments

.1. You may have noticed in the other coming update, Double strike is getting a big nerf. Likely to be ~20% and wipe all your glory on doing so, same for glory phase. No more double+glory snipers. Now, as I understand it, double strike was brought in, in part, as a counter to alliance logs, and allow people a chance of 'bursting' through.

The question that brought up was, ' Is it fair to leave alliance logs at full strength, whilst diminishing the effects of double strike/glory functions ' ?

.2. The 'automation' factor, means that browser and app plugins auto-refresh alliance logs, allowing the user to 'sit back' and watch the logs, without any effort at all. This gives the ability for 1 person to 'play' for 30, that are not even signed in, by easymoding.

The question that brought up was something like, 'Is automation such as this good for the game, and the power it gives alliances? '

The 'against a chance' arguments

.1. Alliance functions, namely the ability to 'watch your friends backs' while they're vulnerable at work, or sleep, encourages team work, co-ordination, and to build stats (knowing there's a chance to defend them). Lagging the logs, and limiting functions, might mean more people don't bother. Or feel as if alliances are 'worth' being in.

.2. Alliance logs in real time, better enable 'onliners' which many people find the most thrilling part of the game. Lagged alliance logs would mean not seeing who has stats, or something killable, until they've untrained, sold up, or already gone to PPT.

The 'proposals' currently on the table.

30 minutes of delay to alliance logs.

Or

5 minutes of delay to alliance logs.

Or

No delay to alliance logs, but a 30s? minimum on refreshing the alliance logs. (I.e to counter automated apps)

Or

No delays at all.

This is all still discussion, and we're only talking about a proposed test, as it were, and recieving feedback, rather than a set in stone permanent change.

Sorry about the points I missed out, did try to keep it to the bare bones of the argument, as I saw it. With ~ 8 hours of logs on it, stuff had to be missed out ;) Was a great debate though, lovely to see so many people passionate about the game.

“Any fool can know. The point is to understand.”
Dubby_CompGamerGeek2
Forum Addict

[05:31] Caprila: 8 hours is no joke either, we've had like four 1-3 hour irc meets on it now lol
[05:32] Dublin Warrior: :P
[05:33] Dublin Warrior: No delay to alliance logs, but a 30s? minimum on refreshing the alliance logs. (I.e to counter automated apps) << that part can do a lot of good...

though I might suggest a 5 second minimum on refreshing... :smt115

oh... wait, that might not stop the automated browser refreshing from continuing afterward...

hmm... yes, 30 seconds is good. :-)

even 60 seconds isn't bad. :-)
ƒëmmë
Forum Elite
Alternate name(s): ƒëmmë ƒatalë
temptress
cleo_catra

might be beneficial too though, sorry Cap your posts are tooooooooooooooooo long for me to read so you might have covered this but

could stop retell hits by some gangho member on a person that the person being attacked permission .. ie planet sales, needing to use up lifers etc.. gives ppl time to calm down and find out if there is a genuin reason for it
To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence;
supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
-Sun Tzu, the Art of War
31/07/2012 6:13:16 AM Hope Light ID's mean nothing imo if you can back yourself up.
31/07/2012 6:13:22 AM Hope Light only **Filtered** hide them.
Be careful who you trust, even the devil was once an angel
veritas vos liberabit
Forums own rules
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 7#p2510387
Spoiler
Section Admins - who will be 'in charge' of the section in question. They will be responsible for the overall feel of the section, the setup/structure, and most importantly the community/users in the section. This will incorporate the old 'ombudsman' role. And insofar as the Section Admin is responsible for the users, they are also responsible for the high level mod behaviour towards the users.
So -as a user - if you have an issue with how you are treated, rules, bans, whatever --goto the section admin... They are there for you!

There is no 'reporting structure' in this setup -- tech, mod, and section admins are all on equal footing, each with their own (somewhat overlapping) responsibilities.
Mods report directly to the mod admin, and indirectly to the section admin for the section in which they mod.
Dubby_CompGamerGeek2
Forum Addict

fem fatale wrote:might be beneficial too though, sorry Cap your posts are tooooooooooooooooo long for me to read so you might have covered this but

could stop retell hits by some gangho member on a person that the person being attacked permission .. ie planet sales, needing to use up lifers etc.. gives ppl time to calm down and find out if there is a genuin reason for it
nope, not covered by caprilla. ;)

ya, log watchers and alliance members get unsettling surprises in alliance attack logs a lot...
but usually people just stress/freak out/start posting in alliance chat/forums/sending messages to attacker... but it's common enough, and with fault of members on both sides that it doesn't even contribute to starting major conflicts...
that I know of. ;)
~Odin~
Alföðr
Alliance: The Collective
Race: International Pimp

1) this was not mentioned in the admin meet I attended last week (to the best of my knowledge)
2) I vote no on any delay in the attack logs
3) If you put a delay on attack logs and have an alliance member as an officer have you thought about how that will effect the officer/commander bond?
The forces of harchester fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 145,573,411,725,000 damage
The forces of harchester fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 3 damage
TGW Annual Community Awards 2014/2015
Spoiler
Duderanch
Internet Hero
Alliance: MaYHeM
Race: Ancient
ID: 58491

How would it affect the officer/co bond? :?
The trade broker reports trade from Surtr to *Teesdale_ of 100,000,000 Naq for 33,000,000,000,000 Naq is complete.

Barbara! says: haha ok you can have a piece of my soul for 50bil naq

Skype= dan_P_@msn.com
Teesdale
[21:06:02] Jake/Tees: does black market work in there?
[21:06:18] robert: nah
[21:06:24] robert: uu go in miners
[21:06:24] Duderanch: Yeah Ben said did but can't untrin miners so no point
[21:06:37] Jake/Tees: sweet, so methlad not be able to fight back :D
[21:06:46] Jake/Tees: EADC
Naq sold in 2017 - 21q
Master Rahl
Forum Regular
Alliance: KzD
Race: Aydindril
ID: 13355
Alternate name(s): Master Rahl

This would just hurt larger alliances more. If a big player (alliance) wants to zero a (small, training, newb) alliance they will with or with out this. But this would make it easier for smaller alliances to cause havoc on larger alliances. It will make using alliance PPT/repairs harder to use as efficiently.

this is just my thoughts
I am for it.
[9:21:11 PM] Les Ennemis: good i like our members happy
What kind of plans would the Master Rahl have? I plan to conquer the world
Spoiler
ImageImage
Dubby_CompGamerGeek2
Forum Addict

Master Rahl wrote:This would just hurt larger alliances more. If a big player (alliance) wants to zero a (small, training, newb) alliance they will with or with out this. But this would make it easier for smaller alliances to cause havoc on larger alliances. It will make using alliance PPT/repairs harder to use as efficiently.

this is just my thoughts
I am for it.

As leader / log watcher of the Magnificents alliance I was able to stave off / prevent 1 or 2 massing by Ricos, thanks to helpful intel and diplomacy.

If I was better prepared, I would have been able to stop at least one additional massing.

**Tormented** was a different barrel of fish, unfortunately.
Huxley
Forum Elder

Dubby_CompGamerGeek2 wrote:
As a long-time former member as well as a long-time former leader of The Magnificents alliance,

Dubby_CompGamerGeek2 wrote: As leader / log watcher of the Magnificents alliance I was able to stave off / prevent 1 or 2 massing by Ricos, thanks to helpful intel and diplomacy.

If I was better prepared, I would have been able to stop at least one additional massing.
Ha, yeah that's the reason you don't want this update isn't it, Mr Over Emphasis Much. Everyone knows the real reason why you don't want it, why are you trying to cover it up? It puts your alliance at a disadvantage, fair enough, why not just admit it?

Affect smaller alliances? Pffft, please.
WARNING: This post may contain traces of dry wit and sarcasm. If swallowed you should seek immediate medical advice. Gatewars.com accepts no responsibility for injury caused by taking any of this seriously.
Norbe
Forum Elder
Alliance: TÅ Åtlantis Expedition
ID: 37481

Huxley wrote:
Dubby_CompGamerGeek2 wrote:

Dubby_CompGamerGeek2 wrote: As leader / log watcher of the Magnificents alliance I was able to stave off / prevent 1 or 2 massing by Ricos, thanks to helpful intel and diplomacy.

Ha, yeah that's the reason you don't want this update isn't it, Mr Over Emphasis Much. Everyone knows the real reason why you don't want it, why are you trying to cover it up? It puts your alliance at a disadvantage, fair enough, why not just admit it?

Affect smaller alliances? Pffft, please.
A delay in the attack logs would put every alliance at a disadvantage. It reduces the ability of teamworking to help each other. And it means massings will nearly always be successful, so less defenses will be built and all wars will become 0 stat fests again.

It will benefit the snipers who play alone, as they can now remove defenses from even the most active alliances on a whim.

It's just a bad idea for the game overall. The system works well, massings need to be carefully planned and can take several attempts. Yet still every defense built has fallen.

~Norbe~
Albert Einstein:"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
Master Splinter:"The moral high ground...the best place to sight your artillery"
Guild
Forum Addict
Alliance: Retiring
Race: Draeden
ID: 1916018
Location: writing a booklet so people understand my humour :D

What a ridiculous idea, this potential update has just come up because TA (lets not beat around the bush here) are better than other big alliances at watching logs.

they have it practiced and perfected, you all need to just man up and improve yourselves rather than nerfing others
Retired but still on a rampage
Spoiler
Rudy Peña wrote:Yea, OE is the the next FS in terms of snipers. We proud ourselves on it to the point we give out awards and see who can mass the most with a 0 def.
Drahazar wrote:Im happy to snipe anyone i want, why should i build any defences for you people
George Hazard wrote:FM is like a rite of passage for alliances.
You haven't truly made it to manhood until you've slept with the town prostitute.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to “Game Suggestions”