Demi Gods 2.0 Wreckage Farming Primer

Specific to server: "GateWars: Battle of the Ascended"
Chthon
Forum Newbie
ID: 0

Demi Gods 2.0 Wreckage Farming Primer

Most of you have probably figured this out already but for those who haven't, I hope this helps.

1) The Demi you send to the wreckage will be there until the timer on the wreckage runs out. Doesn't matter if you sent it with 1 turn or 4000....it's stuck there 'til the wreckage is done.

2) If the both the Mass and Energy are harvested to 100% before the timer on the Wreckage runs out your Demi will return.....if not, it won't, period.

NOTE: Even if the Mass and Energy are 100% harvested your Demi still won't return to you until the timer on the Wreckage expires.

3) The Mass/Energy your Demi harvests isn't done over time. It's instant. So if you see that there's still, say, 69,405 Energy left to be harvested and the Wreckage you're farming has an Energy Density of 158.8:1 and you give your Demi 100 turns to spend, it will instantly harvest 15,880 Energy. If you go back to look at the Wreckage again you'll see that it will show that there's now only 53,525 Energy left in the Wreckage.
All that being said, I'd recommend checking on the status of the Wreckage close to the end of the timer to see if it's fully harvested. If it's not, and the amount of Mass and/or Energy still remaining to be harvested is low enough that you can afford (Turn-wise) to gather it, do so.....if you want to be sure to get your Demi back.
For example.....you check on the Wreckage....you see it only has 5 minutes left and that the Mass is 100% harvested but there's still 79,320 Energy left to be harvested. At the Energy Density I mentioned before (158.8:1), if you can afford to give your Demi 500 Turns that would let them harvest 79,400 Energy....which would be enough finish off the Energy harvesting, completing the Wreckage and allowing your Demi to return to you with all the Mass/Energy it has harvested (when the timer finishes).
Although the harvesting your Demi does is done instantly when you spend the turns on them, you don't actually get that Mass/Energy unless your Demi manages to return to you.

4) Tech Caches. Whether or not a Tech Cache is found or not is rather random. I don't have nearly enough info to make a guess as to how that works. The only thing I know for sure about that, is that the chances of your Demi finding one (if there are any still un-found) are increased if you send them with a larger chunk of turns. So sending (or adding) 500 Turns to your Demi has a higher likelihood of allowing your Demi to find a Cache than sending them with, say, 50 or 100.

Something I'm not sure about at all is how the Tier of the Wreckage relates to the Tier of your Demi. Like....can you send a Tier 1 Demi to a Tier 2 Wreckage?....if so, does that affect their harvest ability? Or vice-versa?....sending a Tier 2 Demi to a Tier 1 Wreckage?.....same questions. When I figure it out, I'll update the post.

I'm sure Sol well let me know if I'm too far off base...and maybe even answer the Tier question *hint-hint*
Slim87R
Forum Expert

Re: Demi Gods 2.0 Wreckage Farming Primer

I have my Tier 1 demi on a Tier 3 wreckage right now.

Edit:
--If successful, will return--
Mass: 18,577
Energy: 290,530
Tier 3 Tech Caches: 0

You have supplied the Demi-God with a total of 2000 turns

(Currently Scavenging in Assault on Alor (collapsing on June 1st at 17:28:09 gametime))
Mass Density: 18.7 : 1
Energy Density: 323 : 1
Tech Caches Found: 5 of 6
Total Players Harvesting: 9
Total Turns Used: 12,900
Chthon
Forum Newbie

Excellent....thanks for the info Slim ;)
du5tin_eh
Fledgling Forumer
ID: 1919461

Thanks for this. I have lost all 5 of my Demi s last three
Have been one after the other in the last three wreckage s. Now I need to wait for a demi.
Clockwork
The Ablest Man
Alliance: Multiverse
Race: Clockwork Admin
ID: 1940718

du5tin_eh wrote:Thanks for this. I have lost all 5 of my Demi s last three
Have been one after the other in the last three wreckage s. Now I need to wait for a demi.
Wreckage farming is all about teamwork it seems, we in general need to get some groups together for some organised salvaging. I've lost all my Demi's as well :smt010
Admin for all the Forum things...
Click Me for forum rules.
Click Me for Game admin contact details.
son goku
Fledgling Forumer
Alternate name(s): Jon

Clockwork wrote:
du5tin_eh wrote:Thanks for this. I have lost all 5 of my Demi s last three
Wreckage farming is all about teamwork it seems, we in general need to get some groups together for some organised salvaging. I've lost all my Demi's as well :smt010
I will make a start .. all focus on

Assault on Driel

Tier 2

Time Left: 44 hrs 18 mins

and nothing else!

Care free wherever we may be! We are the famous CFC!

du5tin_eh
Fledgling Forumer
ID: 1919461

Deal. Now I need demi
Maha Vishnu
System Lord
Alliance: Pharoah- Goauld Empire
Race: Goa'uld

You have to be a scientists to understand this salvage crap.

Next you will need a 300 page manual to understand the dynamics of intergalactic travel.

Was there a "how to for dummies" to understand this as the game update could of been written in Zulu and I would understand it more.

Host=Does not matter, Goauld=Maha Vishnu, Ori = ????? OOC:=ME
Descensions
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
harchester
Forum History
Alliance: Ricos Roughnecks

should have read this is stupidly send my only demi into it :(
Even if you hear a bad story about me, Understand that there was a time I was good to those people to, But they won’t tell you that...
Sol
Forum Addict

Chthon wrote: 4) Tech Caches. Whether or not a Tech Cache is found or not is rather random. I don't have nearly enough info to make a guess as to how that works. The only thing I know for sure about that, is that the chances of your Demi finding one (if there are any still un-found) are increased if you send them with a larger chunk of turns. So sending (or adding) 500 Turns to your Demi has a higher likelihood of allowing your Demi to find a Cache than sending them with, say, 50 or 100.
It is random, but the probability of finding one is the same if you send in 2k in one chunk or in chunks of 100 turns ADDING UP TO 2k.
Chthon wrote: Something I'm not sure about at all is how the Tier of the Wreckage relates to the Tier of your Demi. Like....can you send a Tier 1 Demi to a Tier 2 Wreckage?....if so, does that affect their harvest ability? Or vice-versa?....sending a Tier 2 Demi to a Tier 1 Wreckage?.....same questions. When I figure it out, I'll update the post.
You can send a tier x demi into any tier y wreckage, no limiters.

The tier of wreckage denotes its 'hardness' based upon the starting resources and the starting time.
Typically a tier 4 wrecakge will have 1-2 days before it ends, with extensive resources (multiple factors greater than a tier 1). This essentially means two things: 1. The densities skyrocket and 2. much more to harvest.

By in large, the greater the tier of the wreckage, the harder it is but the more you can reap per turn used.

The effects of a demis tier (and skill lvl) in wreckage provides you with more resources per turn.
The densities are based on a skill and tier lvl 1. So that is basically your min (albeit a random minimum).
The tier of the demi and tier of the wreckage have little to do with the each other, just a similar name.

You can look at it this way, you send in a **Filtered** demi to a **Filtered** tiered wreckage and you will harvest **Filtered** amounts of resources. If you send in a prime demi into a prime tier wreckage you will harvest prime amounts of resources, but it will be harder to finish.

With that in mind I'll say this, the optimal option is to send in all the turns you want to straight up. Densities only go down, tech caches always dissipate and the probability is static. The only 'downside' is if you lose, then you lose all your turns and the demi.
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.

Return to “Ascended General”