Extending battle time?

Specific to server: "GateWars: Battle of the Ascended"
Sol
Forum Addict
ID: 0

Extending battle time?

What do people think of how long it takes to destroy someone? (0 def). You all know by now it takes what, 2 odd turn changes to 0 a def and just eat up their planets, do you think damage per turn used should be scaled back a bit to allow for a more longer battle?
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.
Field Marshall
Forum Zombie

Re: Extending battle time?

Sol wrote:What do people think of how long it takes to destroy someone? (0 def). You all know by now it takes what, 2 odd turn changes to 0 a def and just eat up their planets, do you think damage per turn used should be scaled back a bit to allow for a more longer battle?
If you can balance against the feeding and the ability of people to last 12 hours when near death, then yes, would be better for less active people.
Sol wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?

:o my first sigging. I sigged you too. <3
High Empty wrote:however people shouldn't have lvl 33 and 200mil spies and try to be in the top 10, it's unhealthy.
Clockwork
The Ablest Man
Alliance: Multiverse
Race: Clockwork Admin
ID: 1940718

Are you talking about in tournaments, or in general?

In general I don't think it needs changing, if you have the turns to burn, dragging out how long it takes makes the act of massing boring if your sat waiting for 20 mins for your target to unphase enough for 4 more hits, then another 26 mins for the next chance to hit.

In tournaments, it's already fairly easy to drag out a slow death to many hours.
Admin for all the Forum things...
Click Me for forum rules.
Click Me for Game admin contact details.
Slim87R
Forum Expert

I think it seems fine how it is. The only thing I think could be changed is how fast you can attack people who arent set to critical. I have seen spam attacks to somewhere around a few per second allowing a defense to be scoured almost immediately.
byrne_1
Forum Irregular
Alliance: TL

I think if they have set war to you or have war/war, it should take less time to mass them.

I think its a joke when the set war and its so hard to mass them, its their problem if they are risking a massing, or they think i'm a farm.
Field Marshall
Forum Zombie

byrne_1 wrote:I think if they have set war to you or have war/war, it should take less time to mass them.

I think its a joke when the set war and its so hard to mass them, its their problem if they are risking a massing, or they think i'm a farm.
Not sure about this. People will be too scared to attack for threat of being taken out easily.

war/war can be done in a turn due to the extra damage.
Sol wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?

:o my first sigging. I sigged you too. <3
High Empty wrote:however people shouldn't have lvl 33 and 200mil spies and try to be in the top 10, it's unhealthy.
KOS
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: TAF
Race: Bender
ID: 1918344

it is rather annoying not being able to get the last 4 hits before the phase... doesnt really matter though considering that weapons are so cheap and easy to repair. your really only out to kill planets so... yes, i vote for more kills!
Spoiler
ImageImageImage
Sol
Forum Addict

[talking about out of tourney stuff, typical gameplay]

Originally, phasing was meant to cull the fact a person could wipe out a defence in a matter of seconds with refreshing or quickly attacking, so it would last well...two TC's. But of course we're all not fond of how you're knee deep into a mass and a person just phases out :P, and on the flip side if you're defending and don't want 5 bill of your planets gone, it's quite hard to find that exact half-hour slot when you're being massed so you can defend.
So the question was asked if can be scaled back a bit to allow a more longer kill (and phasing for that matter I guess).
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Master_Splinter
Forum Irregular
Alliance: TF HC
Race: Tollan
ID: 1936322

would be nice to be able to build a big defence again :P

Mayb scale the leangth of the battle (massing time) by how big the defence is?
100Q def 2-3hrs to mass (zero def)
200Q def 3-4hrs
300Q def 5-6hrs

then you would really start to see big stats on the sever again

and no you would not be un-massable, descensions take much longer and they still happen :smt019
Such is Life
00:46:30 on 22nd Jun Executed EnterTheLion
06:03:41 on 4th Apr Descended High Empty
2013 Award
Spoiler

2012 Award
Spoiler
Mar 15, 23:04 Kikaz Destroy Military Repelled 6,283,641,911
hokiehomeboy: i taught MS many things, along the way he learned to be a bad ass mother **Filtered**
Ascended Arena Wins: 5
hokiehomeboy
Forum Regular
Alliance: Suicide Squad
Race: Hitman

Until something is done to curb snipers there is no need to build big stats.

Making UU easily killable will stop snipers. They will build stats, or they will be farms by putting everything into farm units. This is the same argument I have made a million times over.

But until people can no longer sit around with 10bil+ UUs and no stats, while generating no DMU to even farm there will be no end to sniping. I keep making this argument but sol refuses to listen.
Signature Here
[IMG]http://terranfamily.win/sigs/tommy/TestSig3.jpg[/IMG]

Thank you Tweetygirl for the glorious siggy!

[IMG]http://terranfamily.win/sigs/tommy/TestSig2.jpg[/IMG]
Master_Splinter
Forum Irregular
Alliance: TF HC
Race: Tollan
ID: 1936322

hokiehomeboy wrote:Until something is done to curb snipers there is no need to build big stats.
A man can dream
Such is Life
00:46:30 on 22nd Jun Executed EnterTheLion
06:03:41 on 4th Apr Descended High Empty
2013 Award
Spoiler

2012 Award
Spoiler
Mar 15, 23:04 Kikaz Destroy Military Repelled 6,283,641,911
hokiehomeboy: i taught MS many things, along the way he learned to be a bad ass mother **Filtered**
Ascended Arena Wins: 5
reborn
Forum Elite

Master_Splinter wrote:would be nice to be able to build a big defence again :P

200Q def 3-4hrs
300Q def 5-6hrs

and no you would not be un-massable, descensions take much longer and they still happen :smt019
Have u gone mad?

Deascensions do take longer but that 1 hit every 3 hrs. Not sitting there for 5-6 hrs massing....

If really set on making it longer make nox 28 seconds instead of 14, but even the thought of that makes me want to get a brick an put it into the first face I c.
Image x2 :smt081
Spoiler
teesdale wrote:im going to start calling you Mathod man... because i swear to god your as dense as Mathlord is when it comes to arguing.

Ignore valid points from everyone else and believe your own verbal diarrhea, the pair of you.
i just accidently abandoned that planet i just took
[02:02] Scott - Harch - :

<<< **Filtered** MY LIFEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
byrne_1
Forum Irregular
Alliance: TL

Field Marshall wrote:
byrne_1 wrote:I think if they have set war to you or have war/war, it should take less time to mass them.

Not sure about this. People will be too scared to attack for threat of being taken out easily.

war/war can be done in a turn due to the extra damage.

I'm trying to say, if they got war on you, but they have critical on, it takes so long to mass the person back.

I have no problem with the current system if both parties got neutral.
Sol
Forum Addict

reborn wrote:
Master_Splinter wrote:would be nice to be able to build a big defence again :P

200Q def 3-4hrs
300Q def 5-6hrs

Have u gone mad?

Deascensions do take longer but that 1 hit every 3 hrs. Not sitting there for 5-6 hrs massing....

If really set on making it longer make nox 28 seconds instead of 14, but even the thought of that makes me want to get a brick an put it into the first face I c.
Was considering something far simpler.
Just decrease the effectiveness of turns in general, so they do 'less damage'. e.g. When destroying instead of doing the 10% max, you do 5% or something, same with wep damage.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Clockwork
The Ablest Man
Alliance: Multiverse
Race: Clockwork Admin
ID: 1940718

Sol wrote: Was considering something far simpler.
Just decrease the effectiveness of turns in general, so they do 'less damage'. e.g. When destroying instead of doing the 10% max, you do 5% or something, same with wep damage.
What's driving this desire to slow things down, so I can take it outside and shoot it :P

Turns on ascended are already like gold dust, reducing their effectiveness at killing will probably turn the server into a FarmVille clone, because who's going to waste turns killing somebody that could be better used farming resources / wrecks. You could get away with reducing turns 'power' on main because of the many ways to acquire more turns (market/trade/black market). Even the people willing to burn turns massing, would end up doing spits and spurts waiting the the 3week (or two week if you feed app from main) turns refresh.

Slow massing down if you must ( I don't think it's needed ) but don't reduce how efficient turns are.

If you do slow down massing, then it would be a great time to re look at giving players the ability to un-phase themselve (something already available in tournaments), and removing phasing completely in war/war situations (both sides are in it to fight).
Admin for all the Forum things...
Click Me for forum rules.
Click Me for Game admin contact details.

Return to “Ascended General”