SGW is DEAD.

Forum for all general ingame discussion.
Quina Quen
Forum Addict
Alternate name(s): Diamond Dust

SGW is DEAD.

It really is.

Barely a tumbleweed on the forum. The game itself now seems older than my Grandmother (who turned 80 on Monday - happy birthday Grandma) and quite frankly staler than a 10 year old piece of bread.

I think I will become the 'annoyer of realms', spruce up my fleets and start stealing and dumping planets. Sounds like a fun thing to do.
The ascended entity formerly known as Diamond Dust
Theon35
Forum Irregular

Re: SGW is DEAD.

well join the collective, our forum is 1000 % more active than this one.
Quina Quen
Forum Addict
Alternate name(s): Diamond Dust

Spoke to a couple of guys in your alliance, they were both very nice people. I will consider your offer ;)
The ascended entity formerly known as Diamond Dust
~Odin~
Alföðr
Alliance: The Collective
Race: International Pimp
ID: 0

General Riviera wrote:Spoke to a couple of guys in your alliance, they were both very nice people. I will consider your offer ;)
Sadly true at the moment lol however I am sure other alliance forums are also more active then these ones. Its not a bad reflection on the mods etc its just a reflection upon the game getting old with no new recruiting/advertising/marketing etc.

However if you feel like popping by our new forums they are set up, we have an arcade and a very active spam section lol (drives me made sometimes lol)

http://www.thecollectivesgw.com/Forum/index.php
The forces of harchester fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 145,573,411,725,000 damage
The forces of harchester fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 3 damage
TGW Annual Community Awards 2014/2015
Spoiler
REK
Forever Evil
Alliance: THE DARK DOMINIUM EMPIRE
Race: GOD ALLMIGHTY
ID: 666
Alternate name(s): THEY'RE NO STRINGS ON ME

:-"
Kjarkur
Spark of the Ori
Alliance: DDE - Leader
Race: System Lord
ID: 1909457
Alternate name(s): Kjarkur, JL, KJ

I myself mod a few forums for many years now. Chatting has moved more onto live-chats (browser ones) and skype ones etc. But also, June-August are usually less active then rest of the year.

Forum community's aren't as active as they were.

DDE & mH live chats for example are extremely active.

-KJ
There are no men like me. There's only me.
General & Battle Moderator
- > SGW Hall of Fame
- > SGW's Hero of the Year
- > SGW's Villain of the year 2010->
- > SGW's Most Missed Player of the year 2011->
~Odin~
Alföðr
Alliance: The Collective
Race: International Pimp

Kjarkur wrote:I myself mod a few forums for many years now. Chatting has moved more onto live-chats (browser ones) and skype ones etc. But also, June-August are usually less active then rest of the year.

Forum community's aren't as active as they were.

DDE & mH live chats for example are extremely active.

-KJ
What she said^ lol
The forces of harchester fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 145,573,411,725,000 damage
The forces of harchester fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 3 damage
TGW Annual Community Awards 2014/2015
Spoiler
Ryuujin Jakka
Forum Addict
Alliance: Ghost Riders 2ic Diplo
Race: System Overlord
ID: 1976503
Alternate name(s): Al Capone / ~Ryuujin Jakka~

General Riviera wrote:It really is.

Barely a tumbleweed on the forum. The game itself now seems older than my Grandmother (who turned 80 on Monday - happy birthday Grandma) and quite frankly staler than a 10 year old piece of bread.

I think I will become the 'annoyer of realms', spruce up my fleets and start stealing and dumping planets. Sounds like a fun thing to do.

your about 3 years too late in realising lol....

bit slow onthe uptake mate

xD

but yeah , sgw forums are not v good , alliance chats mostly moved to skype or other things as kj said , much easier to connect , forums are just hastle to keep up to date with
Field Marshall wrote: Ryu - Legend, best of the best...you're sick...and I hate your 5T MS! < in 2010 when the closes MS at the time was 2.8 T , shortly after i hit 7Trill and then 8tms (Long before the MS HUGE Buff Update !) and the next closest was just barely over 3T at the time it took many years and that mouthership to go untouched as rank 1 without any upgrades at all before ETL finally caught up to it and then a couple of others eventually while it sat reletively untouched for years , yet still to this day that account remains competitive with a great ms , under Drah's command. Many say i Pioneered the current MS Meta , which is both cool and i regret because ms's are insane these days lol !
~Belsamber~ wrote:Borek and Ryu for SGW guru's post are like mangasms, they're that good.
Mathlord
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Tauri Alliance
Race: Tollan
ID: 12759

Kjarkur wrote: DDE & mH live chats for example are extremely active.

-KJ
Yeah they have at least five people talking occasionally :lol:
Spoiler

13:38 General Zeus Sabotage Repelled 377,977,330 details

The forces of simpson_eh fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 305,393,963,879,000 damage on Mathlord's forces!
They managed to eradicate 4,635,986 of Mathlord's troops.
---
The forces of simpson_eh fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 12 damage on Mathlord's forces!
They managed to eradicate 0 of Mathlord's troops.
REK
Forever Evil
Alliance: THE DARK DOMINIUM EMPIRE
Race: GOD ALLMIGHTY
ID: 666
Alternate name(s): THEY'RE NO STRINGS ON ME

As opposed to mouthlord who speaks to himself :-D
Mathlord
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Tauri Alliance
Race: Tollan
ID: 12759

REK wrote:As opposed to mouthlord who speaks to himself :-D
Oh man REK used actual words!
Spoiler

13:38 General Zeus Sabotage Repelled 377,977,330 details

The forces of simpson_eh fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 305,393,963,879,000 damage on Mathlord's forces!
They managed to eradicate 4,635,986 of Mathlord's troops.
---
The forces of simpson_eh fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 12 damage on Mathlord's forces!
They managed to eradicate 0 of Mathlord's troops.
Osiris™
Forum Expert
Alliance: None
Race: Osi
ID: 102803

REK wrote:As opposed to mouthlord who speaks to himself :-D

Mouthy got slammed!
semper
The sharp-tongued devil you can't seem to forget...
Race: God

You've all been flogging a corpse for ages now.

Lack of marketing, foresight and competitive play away from mass $$ spending or beyond reasonable time dedication has left the game a husk.
Accolades/Titles:
Spoiler
Started Playing: April 2005
Honours (5): Hall of Fame 2009. Annual Awards Host 2008, 2009, 2013, 2014 and 2015.
Winner (12): RP'er of the Year 2008, Runner Up Poster of the Year 2008, Debater of the Year 2008, War of the Year 2008, Poster of the Year 2009, Alliance of the Year 2009 (Nemesis Sect, Creator), Alliance War of the Year 2009 (Nempire vs Mayhem, Instigator), RP'er Runner Up 2009, Knew You'd Be Back 2010, Conflict of the Decade (FUALL v TF), Conflict of the Decade Runner Up (Ga vs TF), Alliance of the Decade (TDD).
Nominated (8): Writer of the year 2007, Avatar of the Year 2007, Poster of the Year 2007, Villain of the Year 2008, Player Sig 2008, Race Player of the Year 2009, Most Missed 2010, Alliance Leadership 2010, Most Missed 2011.
Commands (3): Supreme System Lord 2008, 2010, 2011 and 2012. System Lord Council 2006 - present. Dark Lord and Emperor of the Nempire 2009 - 2011.
Alliances (9): DDE, EA, OSL, TFUR, DDEII, AI, RM, WoB, Nemesis.
Forum Roles (4): Former Misc GM, Race Mod (Goa'uld), Debate forum patriarch and mod.
InR
Forum Addict
Alliance: You can find me in TAF ;)
Race: Tok' Ra
ID: 5741
Alternate name(s): .::.:.::.::.

well i really am not sure :smt105
should i even continue building account, or should i just vac it (selling is bad idea, we never know if this game will become famous in future ? - amm yeah naive like a teenager Osiris :smt101 )

so ill just pop in from time to time, and see only boby in logs :( thats very fun :smt110
Norbe
Forum Elder
Alliance: TÅ Åtlantis Expedition
ID: 37481

The trending decline in activity has been a subject on this forum basically ever since I've been here. In 2006 the game was dying. It's 2015 now and at least some of us are still here.

Yet, I do agree with Semper. It speaks volumes about the nature of the game and the community it has survived at all this long. The admins, especially Jason, never had a vision for moving the game forward. I don't think he ever actually expected it to last 10+ years. It's certainly failed to evolve and keep up with the times.

The core ingame mechanics are fascinating and for the most part make this a very enjoyable game. So imagine the possibilities that could have been if a revamp had been done three years ago, with brand new interface platforms for both browser and mobile. Apps being released with some promotion... it could have been glorious.

What are we left with instead? I think a game that is close to the ultimate tipping point where it is really, honestly, not going to be possible for it to recover. I would almost be surprised if we have 2,000 players that have logged into their accounts this year. Compared to 30k+ 5 years ago it's a huge decline. Of those 2k we do have, probably less than 100 actually spend more than an hour a day. My prediction is before the end of this year, there will not be enough active players to make it worth the rest continuing.

~Norbe~
Albert Einstein:"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
Master Splinter:"The moral high ground...the best place to sight your artillery"

Return to “StarGateWars General”