AWARDS VOTING

Forum for all general ingame discussion.
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie
ID: 0

AWARDS VOTING

...Should IMO be revised asap in regards to voting for ones own alliance. Who is going to vote on this for another? Why do I bring this up? I am glad you asked.....DDE was the best since its inception when REK ruled it, it continued to be the best while Deni ruled it, it again continued as the best when Jedi~Tank (moi) ruled it and to this day under KJ it is still the absolute best, so why the hell would anyone in or out of DDE vote for another alliance? Just asking :-k

"What I want to see is a tight knit group not a collection of people pulling in different directions"
Deni
CC90
Forum Expert
Alliance: Endgame
Race: System Lord
ID: 666
Alternate name(s): The Millenium, ~CLOUD~, ~Ragnarok, OMA SEIKU

Re: AWARDS VOTING

jedi~tank wrote:...Should IMO be revised asap in regards to voting for ones own alliance. Who is going to vote on this for another? Why do I bring this up? I am glad you asked.....DDE was the best since its inception when REK ruled it, it continued to be the best while Deni ruled it, it again continued as the best when Jedi~Tank (moi) ruled it and to this day under KJ it is still the absolute best, so why the hell would anyone in or out of DDE vote for another alliance? Just asking :-k
Umm dde is like the rest of tge game JT...

Retired

Edit - what i mean is dde isnt as big or as deadly as it used to be back when i used to play... The days of JT Deni JP World eaters quacol and all the rest... Its just not the same ya know... Only like 5 peiple still are active amd those 5 left to make the fake dde....
22:00:43 Colonel Jack Oneill -Rob Merkley: ok, Well there you have it I suck and am a noob, ill leave the fighting to you mightly mutha **Filtered**Image
harchester wrote: Harch - no more massing from me ;)
~nyx~
Forum Expert
Alternate name(s): CleoCatra, Temptress, Femme Fatale, Nyx, Cleo

I voted for TA because its about time they got recognised, they have been here longer than DDE and not won yet.

I found it sad they didn't even make it into the 10yr Awards because they hadn't won before, when lesser alliances got counted.

And as CC90 says DDE of now is not the DDE of Rek or Deni's day. its shrunk while TAF have grown.

Also if you allowed people to vote for the own I think you'd find TA voting for their own too. and their number being what it is now would out weigh DDE.

Its fairer if people vote on outside their own, it makes them consider who truly is a good alliance rather than toe the party line.
“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true;
the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
― Søren Kierkegaard

No one is more hated, than they that speak the truth ~Plato
SGW player since 11 Oct 2005 memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=5707
D3ath
Forum Expert
ID: 48966

lol sorry, I dont care about these awards cause they are and always were just a mere popularity contest, and those who arent pushing their PR much wouldnt ever get recognized, but i just cant stop myself from doing this when i see such **Filtered** and nonsense being said in public.

First of all the oldest alliance left in this game is the real THE DARK DOMINIUM™ alliance. And it stood out through good and bad times and is the only original one who still survived till this day.

Also i dont know how u decided that taf grew and dde shrunk :D if u thinking and counting all the dead farms in there which is like 120 or so accounts in all their alliances then yeah by that measure taf is the biggest ones, but its only dead weight and good farms for others :) i warred them for more than past two years and seen everything and from what i seen ta shrunk alot in its activity and is pretty much one man alliance, and i know there are some others there as well playing and doing some little things. But their state is kinda the same as the rest of the game.

And as for DDE i can easily count at least 20 active people playing on a daily basis, and thats not even counting those couple noobs who now split up and first went on to create their own alliance and now are trying to impersonate TDD as they seen that their alliance was rubbish. But yeah I do have to agree that DDE like the rest of this game isnt in its prime, but it is still the very best of what is now left in this game.
ImageImage
Spoiler
[12:38:58] Scott - Harch DDE: :( I get raided
[12:39:05] Scott - Harch DDE: When raiding I'm noob
Comulous
Forum Irregular
ID: 67440

CC90 wrote:
jedi~tank wrote:...Should IMO be revised asap in regards to voting for ones own alliance. Who is going to vote on this for another? Why do I bring this up? I am glad you asked.....DDE was the best since its inception when REK ruled it, it continued to be the best while Deni ruled it, it again continued as the best when Jedi~Tank (moi) ruled it and to this day under KJ it is still the absolute best, so why the hell would anyone in or out of DDE vote for another alliance? Just asking :-k
Umm dde is like the rest of tge game JT...

Retired

Edit - what i mean is dde isnt as big or as deadly as it used to be back when i used to play... The days of JT Deni JP World eaters quacol and all the rest... Its just not the same ya know... Only like 5 peiple still are active amd those 5 left to make the fake dde....
you dont know what you are talking about, or do i need to point out the obvious. just because people dont post on the forums does not mean they are not active in game ](*,)
semper
The sharp-tongued devil you can't seem to forget...
Race: God

:smt042
Accolades/Titles:
Spoiler
Started Playing: April 2005
Honours (5): Hall of Fame 2009. Annual Awards Host 2008, 2009, 2013, 2014 and 2015.
Winner (12): RP'er of the Year 2008, Runner Up Poster of the Year 2008, Debater of the Year 2008, War of the Year 2008, Poster of the Year 2009, Alliance of the Year 2009 (Nemesis Sect, Creator), Alliance War of the Year 2009 (Nempire vs Mayhem, Instigator), RP'er Runner Up 2009, Knew You'd Be Back 2010, Conflict of the Decade (FUALL v TF), Conflict of the Decade Runner Up (Ga vs TF), Alliance of the Decade (TDD).
Nominated (8): Writer of the year 2007, Avatar of the Year 2007, Poster of the Year 2007, Villain of the Year 2008, Player Sig 2008, Race Player of the Year 2009, Most Missed 2010, Alliance Leadership 2010, Most Missed 2011.
Commands (3): Supreme System Lord 2008, 2010, 2011 and 2012. System Lord Council 2006 - present. Dark Lord and Emperor of the Nempire 2009 - 2011.
Alliances (9): DDE, EA, OSL, TFUR, DDEII, AI, RM, WoB, Nemesis.
Forum Roles (4): Former Misc GM, Race Mod (Goa'uld), Debate forum patriarch and mod.
Arkenius
Forum Expert
Alliance: Ωmegan Empire
Race: The Honey Badger
Alternate name(s): The Nutcracker

Semper wrote: :smt042
ikr! ... silly dde people :smt081
Clockwork
The Ablest Man
Alliance: Multiverse
Race: Clockwork Admin
ID: 1940718

D3ath wrote:First of all the oldest alliance left in this game is the real THE DARK DOMINIUM™ alliance. And it stood out through good and bad times and is the only original one who still survived till this day.
Lot of good info on alliance ages and origins in THIS thread. REK gives the history of the creation of TDD HERE which explains why TDD has such a low alliance ID. It's quite surreal that some of the alliances in game have existed for over 10 years and still be going strong. I wish I had been around at the start to have seen some of the alliances mentioned in that thread, most are way before my time sadly :)
Admin for all the Forum things...
Click Me for forum rules.
Click Me for Game admin contact details.
Norbe
Forum Elder
Alliance: TÅ Åtlantis Expedition
ID: 37481

D3ath wrote:First of all the oldest alliance left in this game is the real THE DARK DOMINIUM™ alliance. And it stood out through good and bad times and is the only original one who still survived till this day.
Only point I need to address in response, and following on from Clockwork.

There has always been Tauri Alliance in this game. We were formed in the first week of the game going live, by Tauri players Opticallove & Evilhomer. They recruited some powerful Tauri and Asgard players of the time in the original alliance and gave them a forum to talk. Due to the vanishing of digital information and the lack of history keeping, it is impossible to tell exactly when we were formed or if we were truly the first alliance formed, but it was within the first week and we are certainly the oldest surviving.
REK wrote:To Correct you all on DDE .. DDE itself as "THE DARK DOMINIUM" was formed in May 2005 Dougy aka _Lord_Dark_ started an alliance in early may 2005 call the legion of dark it merged with Xanthors alliance The Dominium in middle of May 2005 .. The Dominium was formed late Feb early march 2005 before the downfall of OoC hence why DDE's alliance number is 26 its still "The Dominium" original ingame ID :smt047 and I was Xanthors officer at the time so when he created The Dominium it dragged me into the alliance with him ..lol I didnt start leading DDE until late June 2005
DDE has a lower alliance ID than TA, because the original ID of Tauri Ålliance was lost twice over the years, first time when opticallove, our leader vanished in summer 2005, then later on in 2006 TA merged into the training alliance rather than the other way around due to numbers involved.

Based on all information we have available, Tauri Ålliance was formed at least three months before THE DARK DOMINIUM, and a minimum of two weeks before Xanthors The Dominion. Omega was formed in April 2005, so two months after TA and one month before DDE.

Of all alliances in game, only Tauri Alliance, Omega and The Dark Dominion remain active from 2005 having never disbanded. The Order have disbanded and reformed few times, others, like Aeon Kings, are completely inactive ingame.

As a side note, I was sad to see Eternal Knights disbanded a few months ago. TA had what must be the longest standing peace treaty in history with them, which was running for up to about 9 1/2 years before they disbanded.

~Norbe~
Albert Einstein:"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
Master Splinter:"The moral high ground...the best place to sight your artillery"
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie

Norbe wrote:
Only point I need to address in response, and following on from Clockwork.

There has always been Tauri Alliance in this game. We were formed in the first week of the game going live, by Tauri players Opticallove & Evilhomer. They recruited some powerful Tauri and Asgard players of the time in the original alliance and gave them a forum to talk. Due to the vanishing of digital information and the lack of history keeping, it is impossible to tell exactly when we were formed or if we were truly the first alliance formed, but it was within the first week and we are certainly the oldest surviving.
REK wrote:To Correct you all on DDE .. DDE itself as "THE DARK DOMINIUM" was formed in May 2005 Dougy aka _Lord_Dark_ started an alliance in early may 2005 call the legion of dark it merged with Xanthors alliance The Dominium in middle of May 2005 .. The Dominium was formed late Feb early march 2005 before the downfall of OoC hence why DDE's alliance number is 26 its still "The Dominium" original ingame ID :smt047 and I was Xanthors officer at the time so when he created The Dominium it dragged me into the alliance with him ..lol I didnt start leading DDE until late June 2005
DDE has a lower alliance ID than TA, because the original ID of Tauri Ålliance was lost twice over the years, first time when opticallove, our leader vanished in summer 2005, then later on in 2006 TA merged into the training alliance rather than the other way around due to numbers involved.

Based on all information we have available, Tauri Ålliance was formed at least three months before THE DARK DOMINIUM, and a minimum of two weeks before Xanthors The Dominion. Omega was formed in April 2005, so two months after TA and one month before DDE.

Of all alliances in game, only Tauri Alliance, Omega and The Dark Dominion remain active from 2005 having never disbanded. The Order have disbanded and reformed few times, others, like Aeon Kings, are completely inactive ingame.

As a side note, I was sad to see Eternal Knights disbanded a few months ago. TA had what must be the longest standing peace treaty in history with them, which was running for up to about 9 1/2 years before they disbanded.

~Norbe~
Unless I missed it I don't think anyone is or ever has disputed TA as being the oldest.

"What I want to see is a tight knit group not a collection of people pulling in different directions"
Deni
D3ath
Forum Expert
ID: 48966

boy i dont know why i am doing it but ill try and explain what i meant.

i dont rly know as joined only dec 2005 nor i rly care, which one was created first. what i was implying was the fact that the dark dominium is the only one surviving left with their original id, and they managed to keep it and survive through many years and leaders and game changes.

And why you dont have low id isnt relevant to me, whether you lost some wars and had to disband, or whether your leaders were incompetent to pass leadership along, or maybe they thought the rest of you arent worth to wear those tags and did that on purpose, either way you had to disband the old alliances and it ceased to exist in this game universe (even if it was only for a second), and only later could recreate the alliance with same name, which then means you arent the originals and are only reformed like The order.
ImageImage
Spoiler
[12:38:58] Scott - Harch DDE: :( I get raided
[12:39:05] Scott - Harch DDE: When raiding I'm noob
Mathlord
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Tauri Alliance
Race: Tollan
ID: 12759

We would have had our original ID if there wasn't a game screw-up that killed a bunch of alliances back in 2005. We had to reform under a new id at that time through no fault of our own. TA has never disbanded in the face of any conflict. In fact, we were the one alliance that kept fighting The Faction vs GA war until such time as to ensure we would not disband. After CF disbanded first week (for those that don't remember Summer 2006), that was TA vs OE, DDE, EPA, AB and good god a lot more haha.

The real server war was fought before any of us actually played back in March 2005 between TEEM (TA, EPA, Elusive and who the hell remembers anymore) and The Order of Chaos. I'll never forget us losing our rank one alliance power to this upstart alliance in June of 2005 with a funny Greek letter for a name. DDE came later that year...can read up on Lord Dougy's player history for more of that fun history.
Spoiler

13:38 General Zeus Sabotage Repelled 377,977,330 details

The forces of simpson_eh fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 305,393,963,879,000 damage on Mathlord's forces!
They managed to eradicate 4,635,986 of Mathlord's troops.
---
The forces of simpson_eh fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 12 damage on Mathlord's forces!
They managed to eradicate 0 of Mathlord's troops.

Return to “StarGateWars General”