It's TF.. not TAF

Forum for all general ingame discussion.
Norbe
Forum Elder
Alliance: TÅ Åtlantis Expedition
ID: 37481

It's TF.. not TAF

Just a quick informative post to correct a very common mistake.

When The Legion Empire and Tauri Alliance Family merged on Aug 11, 2014, we collectively became Terran Family, and this would be abbreviated to TF.

I am consistently correcting people who are using TAF instead of TF, especially in diplomatic talks. TAF is correct to use in a historical context when talking about events involving Tauri Alliance Family before August 2014. Since then all alliances in the Terran Family banner are run as one, by one diplomatically elected high council and we should be collectively referred to under the correct name, Terran Family, or TF for short.

~Norbe~
Albert Einstein:"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
Master Splinter:"The moral high ground...the best place to sight your artillery"
~nyx~
Forum Expert
Alternate name(s): CleoCatra, Temptress, Femme Fatale, Nyx, Cleo

Re: It's TF.. not TAF

:s...

too old school to change to calling it that, you say TF I think The Foundation, Robes alliance after Crystal Force.

Just like some interchange DD and DDE, when DD was the main alliance and DDE the entire empire.

Guess you can tell a players game era by how they call it SGW or GW, it will be SGW to me til the end 8-[
“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true;
the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
― Søren Kierkegaard

No one is more hated, than they that speak the truth ~Plato
SGW player since 11 Oct 2005 memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=5707
Norbe
Forum Elder
Alliance: TÅ Åtlantis Expedition
ID: 37481

~NyX~ wrote::s...

too old school to change to calling it that, you say TF I think The Foundation, Robes alliance after Crystal Force.

Just like some interchange DD and DDE, when DD was the main alliance and DDE the entire empire.

Guess you can tell a players game era by how they call it SGW or GW, it will be SGW to me til the end 8-[
You are correct that the acronym TF has had many uses over the years, and ironically quite a few of them involve Robe, including both The Foundation and Task Force (which included both TL and TAF). A little known fact, The Foundation were originally in secret talks to merge with TA in 2006, before they merged into The Legion Empire. Either way once TL merged with TA, the use of the TF acronym once again seems appropriate.

I can understand the confusion, still the correct terms need to be used, especially in diplomatic talks. Anything else is a disservice to the guys and girls in The Legions long, strong history.

P.S. Dirty Dozen was never part of DDE, they were military allies but nothing more.
P.P.S I do believe we have a couple of people still with us from The Foundation.
Albert Einstein:"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
Master Splinter:"The moral high ground...the best place to sight your artillery"
reborn
Forum Elite
ID: 0

Norbe wrote:Just a quick informative post to correct a very common mistake.

When The Legion Empire and Tauri Alliance Family merged on Aug 11, 2014, we collectively became Terran Family, and this would be abbreviated to TF.

I am consistently correcting people who are using TAF instead of TF, especially in diplomatic talks. TAF is correct to use in a historical context when talking about events involving Tauri Alliance Family before August 2014. Since then all alliances in the Terran Family banner are run as one, by one diplomatically elected high council and we should be collectively referred to under the correct name, Terran Family, or TF for short.

~Norbe~
Such a nice read but if you would like people to do that then why not make it known clear with your Tags too.

Your leader

Overseer: Mathlord [TAF 2016]

You -- wow [TauriÅlliance 2016]

Stratigize [[[TAF 2016]]]

(dgb) [[[[TAF2016]]]]

And many many more it just gets boring doing copy and paste.

Just seems rather dumb your asking other ppl to call you as TF cus you formed it 2 yrs ago but on Skype on forums or even on ascended time after time your refer yourselves as TAF.

So if you could be so kind in sorting your own stuff out first before asking others would be most kind.

Reborn :smt060
Image x2 :smt081
Spoiler
teesdale wrote:im going to start calling you Mathod man... because i swear to god your as dense as Mathlord is when it comes to arguing.

Ignore valid points from everyone else and believe your own verbal diarrhea, the pair of you.
i just accidently abandoned that planet i just took
[02:02] Scott - Harch - :

<<< **Filtered** MY LIFEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
redstorm
Forum Regular
Race: mug
ID: 1987148

reborn wrote:
Norbe wrote:Just a quick informative post to correct a very common mistake.

~Norbe~
Such a nice read but if you would like people to do that then why not make it known clear with your Tags too.

Your leader

Overseer: Mathlord [TAF 2016]

You -- wow [TauriÅlliance 2016]

Stratigize [[[TAF 2016]]]

(dgb) [[[[TAF2016]]]]

And many many more it just gets boring doing copy and paste.

Just seems rather dumb your asking other ppl to call you as TF cus you formed it 2 yrs ago but on Skype on forums or even on ascended time after time your refer yourselves as TAF.

So if you could be so kind in sorting your own stuff out first before asking others would be most kind.

Reborn :smt060
Lol
Arkenius
Forum Expert
Alliance: Ωmegan Empire
Race: The Honey Badger
Alternate name(s): The Nutcracker

to be fair, we all say it just to annoy you guys. cuz, we love you such :smt060 :smt060
Colonel Jack Oneill
Forum Expert
Alliance: Olympus
Race: Tauri
ID: 1916485

I always thought it was TAF, cause most of you have TAF as race name.

But TF Noted
Mathlord
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Tauri Alliance
Race: Tollan
ID: 12759

Haha mine does still say TAF 2016. I don't pay attention to anything :-D

Technically though, TF is a merger of TAF and TL so it's still appropriate for a TAF member to say TAF 2016, just as it's appropriate for a TL member to say TL 2016. If you want to talk about treaties or conflicts involving the complete family, then TF is much more appropriate. TAF is our word you guys, only we can refer to ourselves as TAF :smt050

I mostly just like my salt water TAFFY >.>
Spoiler

13:38 General Zeus Sabotage Repelled 377,977,330 details

The forces of simpson_eh fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 305,393,963,879,000 damage on Mathlord's forces!
They managed to eradicate 4,635,986 of Mathlord's troops.
---
The forces of simpson_eh fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 12 damage on Mathlord's forces!
They managed to eradicate 0 of Mathlord's troops.
~nyx~
Forum Expert

Mathlord wrote:Haha mine does still say TAF 2016. I don't pay attention to anything :-D

Technically though, TF is a merger of TAF and TL so it's still appropriate for a TAF member to say TAF 2016, just as it's appropriate for a TL member to say TL 2016. If you want to talk about treaties or conflicts involving the complete family, then TF is much more appropriate. TAF is our word you guys, only we can refer to ourselves as TAF :smt050

I mostly just like my salt water TAFFY >.>
:s and me I refer to you all as TAF, haha
Was about to point out a few people in the Ranks tag themselves as TAF :smt043

so can a former EPA member say EPA 2016?

― Søren Kierkegaard

Mathlord
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Tauri Alliance
Race: Tollan
ID: 12759

As long as EPA 2016 would be recognized by treaty partners :p

This game is way too old to care too much about the details lol.
Spoiler

13:38 General Zeus Sabotage Repelled 377,977,330 details

The forces of simpson_eh fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 305,393,963,879,000 damage on Mathlord's forces!
They managed to eradicate 4,635,986 of Mathlord's troops.
---
The forces of simpson_eh fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 12 damage on Mathlord's forces!
They managed to eradicate 0 of Mathlord's troops.
Mordack
The Spider
ID: 8500

Honours and Awards

Glad to see that TAF are still around and doing well. Good job guys.
"I bet you thought you'd seen the last of me.."

(TB)
D3ath
Forum Expert
ID: 48966

Mathlord wrote: This game is way too old to care too much about the details lol.
yet you guys still do and even try to bother others :D lol
ImageImage
Spoiler
[12:38:58] Scott - Harch DDE: :( I get raided
[12:39:05] Scott - Harch DDE: When raiding I'm noob
~nyx~
Forum Expert

Mathlord wrote:As long as EPA 2016 would be recognized by treaty partners :p

This game is way too old to care too much about the details lol.
exactly I used to get confused by people saying TC, to me they were referring to Thors Chariot, then there was The Collective and The Confederancy. (now all are gone anyway)
― Søren Kierkegaard

~nyx~
Forum Expert

― Søren Kierkegaard

ombre
Forum Grunt
Alliance: Searching for
Race: Ori

This is so unimportant thread. We all know who you are, TSA or EPA or Tauri alliance. :D

Return to “StarGateWars General”