Spying changes

nasedo
Forum Grunt
ID: 0

Spying changes

With the changes to "covert capaicty", normal recon missions seem to have been affected. I have well over 100+ spies and covert rank 3 yet people who had covert rank 2 and only 9 spies can now detect my spies.

Ive tried with 1 spy and even with 10 and they where all caught.

Its this a bug or is it intentional.
Forum
Site Admin

Honours and Awards

Jean Gregoire Gabriel
Revolution of the Mods

Honours and Awards

Is there any reason Covert Capacity should fall when I haven't done any covert missions (nor intercepted any)? It was at 52 before the turn change and then it dropped to 50 five minutes later.

J.G.G.
Revolutionary
Harald Haarfagre
Forum Newbie

WHAT!!!???

Now, just listen (read) to this: I have 25000 covert action, and my friend have 7700, but after this covert capasity-thing I'm not abel to spy on him. And since I have used millons of naquadah on my covert skill I am furious :evil:
Last edited by Harald Haarfagre on Tue Feb 22, 2005 5:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
The SpyMasters - we are everywere, hidden or disguised. Join us at http://www.freewebs.com/thespymasters/index.htm
Forum
Site Admin

Honours and Awards

ok - did find a small bug...
it is now fixed...
:oops:
Harald - would appreciate if you confirm it all looks good again :)

Harald Haarfagre wrote:
Now, just listen (read) to this: I have 25000 covert action, and my friend have 7700, but after this covert capasity-thing I'm not abel to spy on him. And since I hva used millons of naquadah on my covert skill I am furious
the3rdlibra

ah heck... you know... i just had a really unsuccesful evening with my spies, however i was spying upwards of my own rank and not taking much care with my actions.. then i read this and now i'm not so sure. Harald? Any further comments a la apres bug fix?

-=StE=- la francais, schweet.
nasedo
Forum Grunt
ID: 0

I'm still not getting the same results as I did before the change.

Just clear things up, have you changed it so we can no longer use the 1 spy to gain all the info rule? Cuz at the moment im reluctent to spend more then 1 spy if its going to get them killed anyway.
the3rdlibra

it certainly seems to have had a massive overhaul...

-=StE=-
Forum
Site Admin

Honours and Awards

I did not change the success/fail logic, or the results of what happens on success....

just changed death rate, and a check on the daily limit, and a check on actions against....

(and increased what's written to the logs)
the3rdlibra

Forum wrote:I did not change the success/fail logic, or the results of what happens on success....

just changed death rate, and a check on the daily limit, and a check on actions against....

(and increased what's written to the logs)

well, if it's of any help Squire.. i have not encountered any buggy activity with the new implementations.. i'm quite sure that the lack of success from todays activities was down to a particularly hard shift at work and no sugar in my tea this evening ;)

-=StE=-
Harald Haarfagre
Forum Newbie

Forum wrote:ok - did find a small bug...
it is now fixed...

Harald Haarfagre wrote:
Now, just listen (read) to this: I have 25000 covert action, and my friend have 7700, but after this covert capasity-thing I'm not abel to spy on him. And since I hva used millons of naquadah on my covert skill I am furious

I am sorry but the same thing is happening, and well, just say I dont like it.
The SpyMasters - we are everywere, hidden or disguised. Join us at http://www.freewebs.com/thespymasters/index.htm
Forum
Site Admin

Honours and Awards

i checked the logs (thanks to the extra logging i added I can now do this :) ) and it all looks 100% right....
few things to keep in mind:
1)your 25000 covert action is the total of ALL your agents/spies.... if you send just 1 or 2, you do not get the full benefit of your covert score (but do get the benefit of your covert skill....)
2)as you get more powerful, the 'grace' in being weaker but still succeeding decreases as a percent of total forces... ie- it gets harder to win as you go up the ranks for more than one reason ....
3)every one of your recon failures was against someone who'se (skill x agent count) was greater than your (agents sent x skill)
(it's not actually that simple of an equation, but you get the point....)

I cannot see the problem -- if you give me your friends username, and an example of when you lost but thought you should have won, I can give you the specifics and/or validate the result....

(also - if at one point in the past something worked, and now does not, THAT might have been the bug....)
reality is now that if you have a greater power than a target, you get in (and on recon the attacker even gets a bit of a bonus, so even a bit weaker will work....)

make sense?
thanks and again, if you want to provide me an example, I'll check into it for you (PM is fine if you don't want to post it).
cheers
admin

Harald Haarfagre wrote:
Forum wrote:ok - did find a small bug...
it is now fixed...

Harald Haarfagre wrote:

I am sorry but the same thing is happening, and well, just say I dont like it.
Last edited by Forum on Mon Feb 21, 2005 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Forum
Site Admin

Honours and Awards

the one spy did not change.
i tested it in play myself just now too and got full info with 1 man mission :)

nasedo wrote:I'm still not getting the same results as I did before the change.

Just clear things up, have you changed it so we can no longer use the 1 spy to gain all the info rule? Cuz at the moment im reluctent to spend more then 1 spy if its going to get them killed anyway.
Harald Haarfagre
Forum Newbie

Re: WHAT!!!???

Harald Haarfagre wrote:Now, just listen (read) to this: I have 25000 covert action, and my friend have 7700, but after this covert capasity-thing I'm not abel to spy on him. And since I have used millons of naquadah on my covert skill I am furious :evil:

Now I tried using 10 spies against my friend and I know that my spy skill is graiter than his, but yet they were cought everyone and I lost 10 spies.
Harald Haarfagre
Forum Newbie

This is not good

I dont know whats wrong, I just know that after this covert capacity-thing
I'm not abel to spy on anyone! I dont know how much Firelore have in covert action but I'm ranked 3 in covert action, had almost 28000 in covert action. I sent 15 spies on him and they were cought! I used to survive on my spy skill and now I'm an easy target.
I'm not telling you how to make a game, but maby you could try to remove this covert capacity-thing and see what happens.

Return to “Bugs Archive”