WTH stargate sg-1 dropped by sci-fi

Where players can relax and discuss their favorite TV shows a*WARNING* spoilers may abound *WARNING*
stefanos
Fledgling Forumer
ID: 0

WTH stargate sg-1 dropped by sci-fi

Last edited by stefanos on Thu Aug 31, 2006 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Eric Cantona wrote: "When the seagulls follow the trawler....
it's because they think sardines will be thrown in to the sea".
The Great Dogg
Forum Grunt
ID: 11308

You beat me to it. I already signed it. The way the show is going they could go another year or more. With the Ori and how they are it could of given us a 11th or 12 season.
MGZ
Forum Irregular

yeah, the Ori are a great new enemy, and it feels like the old days of the show, when we still had a long way to go on fighting a big power. I love it.

Save SG-1!
political correctness is a doctrine fostered by an illogical liberal minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mass media that holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

I believe gun control is being able to hit your target.
Cole
Forum History
Alliance: Generations
Race: System Lord
ID: 7889
Alternate name(s): Legendary Apophis, Apophis The Great, Legendary

OMG they cant end it now! How will end last ep then? :roll:
Jack_Q_Neill
Fledgling Forumer
ID: 37851

indeed, must not be cancelled
don't shut down the gate :)

- - - - keep this post bumped up, we need as many signatures as we can get (though i doubt we can do any good with it - we MUST try)

people of SGW unite :)
WhiteyDude
Forum Intermediate

Jack_Q_Neill wrote:indeed, must not be cancelled
don't shut down the gate :)

- - - - keep this post bumped up, we need as many signatures as we can get (though i doubt we can do any good with it - we MUST try)

people of SGW unite :)

Don't keep it bumped, as there's already another topic. And it was NOT cancelled... Learn to read.

/Whitey
SHIFT TONE! OMG!

STFUBBQ?

SGW-irc founder

It means Perseverance
Jack_Q_Neill
Fledgling Forumer
ID: 37851

ok but i like this topic better, it has the link to the petition!

and it says (the link provided) Stargate SG-1 cancelled, Atlantis renewed

it there's some new info i'm not aware of, my bad :)

if not, then i'm reading it right....
Avagon's Old Account
Forum Newbie

WhiteyDude wrote:it was NOT cancelled... Learn to read.

Um... but it says in the article that SG-1 was cancelled and many other shows are talking about its cancellation (like "Attack of the Show" on G4 as well as many others. Sci-fi itself has admitted to cancelling SG-1)...

Unless this is a stunt of some kind, I think it IS cancelled...
Aetom
Forum Grunt

Signed...they better not cancel it...in my opinion, SG-1 pwns Atlantis time and time again!!

It's going down and down more and more because....Jack O'Neill is gone, duh!!!

People love Jack, he needs to come back!!
General Cybran
Forum Newbie

Signed.

How dare the fools cancel the finest Sci-fi show in existance...
Leader of Imperial Wisdom (A sub alliance of Imperial)

SG1 is being cancelled. This will not stand. Sign this petition today and save Stargate SG1.
http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/Stargate/index.html
Apollo
Goa'uld Temptress
Race: Railway Stakes
ID: 1337

My 2 cents.

I would like everyone in an uproar about this to stop and think about something.

How many of you download these episodes instead of actually watching them as they are broadcast? I bet it is a lot. Being SGW players we pride ourselves on being a hardcore fan base, but how is SG1 supposed to gain high rating points if no one actually watches it as it is being broadcast?

The same goes with the DVD box sets. I only have series 1,6,7 and 8 currrently, but I am saving to buy the rest. I refuse to burn them from others. I love the show, so why would I want to hurt it by depriving it of the income it has justly earnt? If you get your hair cut, or dine in a restaurant you dont run out of the door without paying. Surely you would consider someone who does these things a thief? If enough people were to do this, eventually the business would have to close down from losing too much money. as seems to be the case here. Basically it boils down to this: They are providing a service that is being used, but they are not being paid for it.

If you want the show to continue, stop ripping it off. How terrible would it be if it was truly the fans that killed it?

Ok, rant over. But please take a few moments to think about what I have said. :D
The Goa'uld Temptress has returned.
Prior Or Ori
Fledgling Forumer

I for one dont burn or rip the episodes. I watch as many "live" as I can.

However, the cancellation/end of association with scifi, in my opinion, is due to scifi's own fault.

Part of the reason they are ending things is because other channels scheduling (monk, pysche on usa, etc.) and lack of ratings due to battlestar galactica not being on, or that's what they say. Without taking into considerstion dvr/tivo-ing by its audience, and i will assume that scif audiences are generally more ahead of the curve on things like tivo and dvr, and thus watch just as much regardless of the ratings system.

Last i checked usa and scifi are owned by the same people. Still,

Who's fault is it that they moved the show from 8pm est/7pm cst, to 9pm est/8pm cst?

Who's fault is it that the show ran started before battlestar was ready to start its next season?

Who thinks SG Atlantis will survive better or even as is, without the flagship, SG1?

Scifi, that's who. Scifi did this to themselves. I'm not saying the producers/those in control didn't hurt the situation with less of a product, but really that it is not entirely their fault, while scifi is more to blame. Perhaps the main actors were tired of things or whatever similar excuse is the real reason, but Scifi has admitted to the decisioin and therefore, unless proven otherwise, should take full blame for the situation.
Alpha Councillor

The meek shall inherit SGW....
Kjarkur
Spark of the Ori
Alliance: DDE - Leader
ID: 1909457
Alternate name(s): Kjarkur, JL, KJ

Re: My 2 cents.

Apollo wrote:I would like everyone in an uproar about this to stop and think about something.

How many of you download these episodes instead of actually watching them as they are broadcast? I bet it is a lot. Being SGW players we pride ourselves on being a hardcore fan base, but how is SG1 supposed to gain high rating points if no one actually watches it as it is being broadcast?

I love you Apollo, but, SG-1 and Atlantis isn't showed in every country + the DVD of the series comes out AFTER each series has ended. And real stargate fans can't wait for a whole year to end (approx) to be able to get the series. Coz it's no fun coming on a year later on gateworld to discuss the episodes. Now downloading and buying the series when it comes out, what's wrong with that?
There are no men like me. There's only me.
General & Battle Moderator
- > SGW Hall of Fame
- > SGW's Hero of the Year
- > SGW's Villain of the year 2010->
- > SGW's Most Missed Player of the year 2011->
Cole
Forum History
Alliance: Generations
ID: 7889
Alternate name(s): Legendary Apophis, Apophis The Great, Legendary

I watch it on tv...I have only like 5 episodes downloaded, not new ones. I wait it on tv but here not gonna come til jan so i'll have no other choices than downloading it for "preview" (watching it on tv is FAR more exciting for me than on comp).
Not enough money to buy dvd sets (as i dont know which season I would want loool anyway) but have the movie in dvd.
TV quality>PC quality :-D
Moesph
Forum Newbie
Location: Reigning glorious havoc over other worlds. (London)

Of course it's easier to blame the fans.
It's Sci-fi that's killing it, their crap schedules against other popular shows, the lack of advertising for the show this season, so when ratings go down due to this, they can use that as an excuse to stop showing it all together, bump off SG-1 to make room for their 'original' shows.

People downloading from other countires is hardly going to kill it, ratings don't even count anywhere else, as it's only being shown in the US. Even then, people will still watch it on tv or buy DVD's, downloaded episodes can never beat tv/DVD quality.
Now if people in the US are downloading it, THAT is just disgusting.

Return to “The TV room”