Ep 9 S:10 The Casual Death of a Sg-1 Regular *spoilers*

Where players can relax and discuss their favorite TV shows a*WARNING* spoilers may abound *WARNING*
Nuto vixen
Forum Addict
ID: 0

Ep 9 S:10 The Casual Death of a Sg-1 Regular *spoilers*

For those who have seen Episode 9, season 10 of SG1, they would probably agree.

I think that the producers have lost touch of the fact that we (the audience) actually care when well known members of sg-1 die.

Colonel Paul Emerson was shot various times(just to make sure), and was clearly dead.

He's been in quite a few episodes and is quite known as the captain of the Odyssey.

Normally, there would be atleast a pause, some sort of words said, a planned memorial? Nothing.

When asked by a fellow crew members about Emerson, Carter simply started crying and shacking her head. What a send off!

I think Emerson at least deserved to be mentioned there after as a fallen hero.

Lets all remember him.

It's not a matter of luck; it's just a matter of time.
Osi
Forum Addict

anyone notice how short the careers of the captains are?
Our failure is obvious, we had our foot on the throat of Humanity and we failed to step down hard enough.
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Alliance: Lucian Alliance
Race: Templar
ID: 7
Alternate name(s): Hrefna
Reitha

Honours and Awards

the careers are most likely short as they have yet to find one that truly fits in...

if they were able to find one that fits as captain as well as RDA fit as leader of sg-1, he/she would most likely have an abnormally long life...

one of the best things would quite likely be to have one that is as good as mitchell/RDA/Shepard to follow the chain of command, (only follows it when it follows their own plans...

we often felt that col. Emmerson was just too quiet, and often a little strange, which may be why they "replaced" him...

and on that about memorial ceremony, that may be because they have had a few already, and they are usually about the same... they may do a collective one (for whomever else has died as well) sometime later, but they most likely dont have an episode slot open...
"Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the gods, Browsers shall be changed to carry the internet out amongst the peoples and we will spread Firefox to all the unbelievers. The power of the Firefox will be felt far and wide and the wicked users of IE shall be converted to use the true browsers."

Curious about our color? Feel free to ask...
Osi
Forum Addict

Zeratul wrote:the careers are most likely short as they have yet to find one that truly fits in...

if they were able to find one that fits as captain as well as RDA fit as leader of sg-1, he/she would most likely have an abnormally long life...

one of the best things would quite likely be to have one that is as good as mitchell/RDA/Shepard to follow the chain of command, (only follows it when it follows their own plans...

we often felt that col. Emmerson was just too quiet, and often a little strange, which may be why they "replaced" him...

and on that about memorial ceremony, that may be because they have had a few already, and they are usually about the same... they may do a collective one (for whomever else has died as well) sometime later, but they most likely dont have an episode slot open...

no I ment the fact that the ship captains tend to get shot or blown up...Chevok, Emerson, the guy on the Prommi
Our failure is obvious, we had our foot on the throat of Humanity and we failed to step down hard enough.
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Reitha

Honours and Awards

we gave a possible reason for their deaths, we know you meant what you meant... we were pointing to the possible reasons the producers might have had for getting those characters killed...
"Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the gods, Browsers shall be changed to carry the internet out amongst the peoples and we will spread Firefox to all the unbelievers. The power of the Firefox will be felt far and wide and the wicked users of IE shall be converted to use the true browsers."

Man of God
Forum Irregular

yea, i think that at the moment, caldwell is one of the longer lasting captains. its been only about what, a year and a half? the promethius captain was probably the longest lasting. meh, who knows. maybe on atlantis theyll get a fleet of ancient warships....extremely unlikely, but o well lol.
The Dalek Empire
Fledgling Forumer

Did Chekov survive the destruction of the Korelev?
Man of God
Forum Irregular

no
vn70072
Forum Irregular

Master Chief wrote:yea, i think that at the moment, caldwell is one of the longer lasting captains. its been only about what, a year and a half? the promethius captain was probably the longest lasting. meh, who knows. maybe on atlantis theyll get a fleet of ancient warships....extremely unlikely, but o well lol.

Prometheus had several captains as I recall. Colonel Ronson was her captain when the Prometheus was brought back to earth with the al'kesh hyperdrive (Grace). Colonel Kirkland was assigned as her captain during Anubis's attack on earth (Lost City). Neither was killed, but both haven't been seen since. Then there was Pendergast who was the captain until Prometheus was destroyed.
The way of the warrior is the path of shadow
The gift of the warrior is to perceive that which cannot be seen
The spirit of the warrior is to strike in a single moment
The destiny of the warrior is balance in all things
And when balance is lost, all that is left...
Is the Reckoning.
chunkysoup
Forum Intermediate

Re: Ep 9 S:10 The Casual Death of a Sg-1 Regular *spoilers*

Nuto vixen wrote:For those who have seen Episode 9, season 10 of SG1, they would probably agree.

I think that the producers have lost touch of the fact that we (the audience) actually care when well known members of sg-1 die.

Colonel Paul Emerson was shot various times(just to make sure), and was clearly dead.

He's been in quite a few episodes and is quite known as the captain of the Odyssey.

Normally, there would be atleast a pause, some sort of words said, a planned memorial? Nothing.

When asked by a fellow crew members about Emerson, Carter simply started crying and shacking her head. What a send off!

I think Emerson at least deserved to be mentioned there after as a fallen hero.

Lets all remember him.

Hear hear Nuto.

Emerson was probably my favorite non-essential member of SG-1, and it seemed like they cut him off so easily. I mean, after all, his death was pretty much a minor plot device to show the evil nature of the baddies and to get Sam to cooperate - dozens of other ways they could have done that, without killing the Emerson. He will be missed.
Fills you up right

Hallowed is Chunky
Hallowed are the Indu
Norbe
Forum Elder
Alliance: TÅ Åtlantis Expedition
ID: 37481

I always had a feeling that Emerson's career aboard the Oddysee was to be short lived. He never seemed to have a strong mind when it comes to decision making under pressure, and to me his attitude was too "friendly" and less "authoritarian".

I just want to be the one to get his job :P

Oh and vn70072 you missed someone off your list - General Hammond. He took command of the Prometheus twice. Once during the battle above antartica, and once during series 8 where his job was to check up on the Atlantis expedition (he never made it outside the MW though).

-norbe
The Hamburglar
Forum Spammer

em... is there not the fact that the longer you keep a cast member on the more ya gotta pay em... fist contract runs out, renew contract- more money, differant actor will play relatively similar role cheaper, the actor lost not a big loss to show... bottom line, kill him off.
Indeed! I can scarcely believe it.
GAT-X207
Forum Expert

didnt hammond captain the ship once or was he just on there in the seats beside the captain
who needs submarines anyway, those little black boats just keep sinking under the water anyway.
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Reitha

Honours and Awards

hammond was commander of prometheus for the antarctic battle... no other times...

Osi
Forum Addict

Zeratul wrote:hammond was commander of prometheus for the antarctic battle... no other times...

he was the captain in Prometheus Unbound,,,or w/e one had Vala in it

Return to “The TV room”