Tau'ri Defence

Ronin
Forum Newbie
ID: 0

Tau'ri Defence

In light of the end of season 7, i was wondering if an additional defence option could be made available for the Tau'ri, which could be called 'Ancient Outpost', as in it would be an upgrade to the Underground Military Base, and it should cost double that of the Underground Base, which is what, 80000, so it should cost 160000, and an 80% bonus defence, which i think is a fair balance for the amount to be paid.

Just thought about it, as wud be more along the lines of the current progress of the series.

Thanks for your time, hope everyone thinks its a good idea

Ronin
GhostyGoo
Forum Addict
Alliance: 5PYM45T3R
Race: HE WHO KEEPS ME HERE
Location: ZOOMING THROUGH YOUR EGO AT A ZILLION MILES AN HOUR

Honours and Awards

this is a well thought out idea, and certainly the "roleplay" fans among us will love it however... have you given any thought to what you would give the other races so as not to give anyone an unfair advantage?

More please :)
ImageImageImage
Spoiler
GhostyGoo wrote:Yesno.
the3rdlibra wrote:if it's a silly turnip head competition you want, i'm going to decline as i think i may have met my match in you vegetable brains.
Cersei Lannister wrote:Debasing? I am not the one drawing crazy pictures of force fielded stick figures.
Energise
Magical Monkeys & Grapefruit Migration:|:Hallowed are the Gò.Ó'ri™ **fixed**
Ronin
Forum Newbie

Ok, i am not sure what the others have, i know the asguard have the whole 8 Symbol Dial up Gate, but don't know the specifics on them, could sum one line them out for me with their %age increase on defence? Then i will be able to expand on it.

Thanx

Ronin
GhostyGoo
Forum Addict
Alliance: 5PYM45T3R
Race: HE WHO KEEPS ME HERE
Location: ZOOMING THROUGH YOUR EGO AT A ZILLION MILES AN HOUR

Honours and Awards

Ronin wrote:Ok, i am not sure what the others have, i know the asguard have the whole 8 Symbol Dial up Gate, but don't know the specifics on them, could sum one line them out for me with their %age increase on defence? Then i will be able to expand on it.

Thanx

Ronin

all the races currently have different strengths, and weaknesses. As for furthering those strengths they already have, why would you? The other races would also have to increase and then you are back to where you started but with a stronger "whatever" lol. If you were to implement something that either replaced or counter-acted a race's strength, then you would detract from the game a great deal.
ImageImageImage
Spoiler
GhostyGoo wrote:Yesno.
the3rdlibra wrote:if it's a silly turnip head competition you want, i'm going to decline as i think i may have met my match in you vegetable brains.
Cersei Lannister wrote:Debasing? I am not the one drawing crazy pictures of force fielded stick figures.
Energise
Magical Monkeys & Grapefruit Migration:|:Hallowed are the Gò.Ó'ri™ **fixed**
Ronin
Forum Newbie

All i want to know is the final defence upgrade for each race, its cost and percentage benefit, to see if it would be possible to implement my idea.

GhostyGoo wrote:this is a well thought out idea, and certainly the "roleplay" fans among us will love it however... have you given any thought to what you would give the other races so as not to give anyone an unfair advantage?

More please :)

Well, if you think, the Tauri have one more extra siege unit (alliance mothership support) than the others, so why not fortification?
compmage
Moderation Wizard
Race: Daimon
ID: 5149

Honours and Awards

GuiltySpark416 wrote:Well, if you think, the Tauri have one more extra siege unit (alliance mothership support) than the others, so why not fortification?

Becuase their strenght is attack, not defence.
Posting as General Mod

In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry, and is generally considered to have been a bad move.
- Douglas Adams
Ronin
Forum Newbie

But it is not really an increase in their strength, just an extra upgrade that can be purchased boosting their defence by an extra 13 - 14%, which isn't really much, for the amount of money that i propose the user will have to pay, which as i mentioned before, is a fair trade off, but i would love to see a game designers opinion

Thanks for all your opinions

Ronin
compmage
Moderation Wizard
Race: Daimon
ID: 5149

Honours and Awards

Ronin wrote:But it is not really an increase in their strength, just an extra upgrade that can be purchased boosting their defence by an extra 13 - 14%, which isn't really much,

What is a boost in your defence that the other races don't have if it isn't an increase in strength?
Posting as General Mod

In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry, and is generally considered to have been a bad move.
- Douglas Adams
Ronin
Forum Newbie

Well then how about these upgrades for the other three races then:

Super Soldiers for the Goa'uld - A small attack bonus for them, maybe 10%

Hotwiring for the Replicators - 10% more naquadah per successful attack made

Devine Intervention for the Asguard - 10% spy bonus

That will equal it out immensly, and i think are nice additions! :D

Ronin

Yeah, that is a cool idea, so we have:

Tauri - Ancient outpost (extra defence)

Goa'uld - Super Soldiers (extra attack)

Replicators - Hotwiring (extra naquadah per attack)

Asguard - Devine Intervention (extra spy bonus)
Ronin
Forum Newbie

Excellent, GuiltySpark416, you see what i'm getting at here, i reckon it would be nice to add extra spark to each of the races, plus updating the game itself to the current seasons.

Ronin
Lord Dougy
First Evil Ori Assasin

but what is the current season?

for some it is season 4? or 7? or the new one comin 9?
---->Lord Dougy<---- aka _lord_dark_

Bow down to the First Ori :twisted:
Jack Oneill
Forum Newbie

the current season in the United States is season 8. However Season 9 start's in June if I remember, along with season 2 of Stargate Atlantis. :D
World Power 3:
Link: Soon (TM)

Gloria:
Link: http://p200.ezboard.com/bgamegoddess

Star Wars sim:
Currently under construction. Link soon TM

Please send me a instant message if any of these sim's interest you.
Ronin
Forum Newbie

In the UK, Season 8 has just ended, so it would be an update, so do you guys reckon these updates should be made? Please vote by placing ur opinions on the posts.

Thanx

Ronin

Return to “Suggestions Archive”