New Stargate TV Show

Where players can relax and discuss their favorite TV shows a*WARNING* spoilers may abound *WARNING*
pogopolis
Forum Irregular
Alliance: Åsgard Order Êlite
Race: Ancient
ID: 35456

New Stargate TV Show

There is a new Stargate show in development!!

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2006/12/e ... erie.shtml

Pog is 1st to report.

Learn to play guitar for real, chump.
Spacey
Forum Zombie
ID: 0

Crap. This is probably the reason they want to cancel SG-1...even though they say they aren't.
"We few. We happy few. We band of brothers.
For those who shed their blood with me today
will always be my brother."
J.S.
Forum Elite
Alliance: EPA
Race: Human
ID: 22325

SG-1 had a great run 10 seasons and possibly 2 movies... Common like thats 11-12 years playing the same characters.... Wow thats a bloody long time..

At least now we can get a new concept for a show... Hopefully they wont do a star trek on it and mess with the time line.. Bah stupid aholes going back in time making movies when they should be making something at the beginning of the 25th century.. :oops: sorry ranted there..

Anywho... Hurray for Stargate New Frontiers or something.. Maybe it will finally have proper furlings haha
Back in my day, we massed you for disrespect!
tomj_302
Suspended

stargate dont want SG-1 to end anyway, they cant find a tv channel to air series 11, its sci-fi which has done it
media man
Forum Newbie

its all getting old in SG1 so i think a new show would be good, BTW has anyone here herd about the Stargate game that was ment to be made but got axed half way through?
mgexiled
Forum Grunt

its gone completely. however, stargate worlds will be out next year :)
tomj_302
Suspended

theres also a half life 2 mod coming out

its a full conversion

its called stargate the last stand, and they expect it to be out at the end of this year, but i think it will be longer if you want to find out more http://www.stargatetls.net
Wirewraith
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: Devil's Rejects
Race: Ancient
ID: 76877

mgexiled wrote:its gone completely. however, stargate worlds will be out next year :)

Well, it's pretty much the same game seeing as how they got all the progress on the game from that company that went bankrupt. Either way, it should rule.
media man
Forum Newbie

awsome do you know when its set to be released
Privaten
Forum Newbie
Alliance: The Confederacy
Race: Valkyrian
ID: 16773

Wirewraith wrote:
mgexiled wrote:its gone completely. however, stargate worlds will be out next year :)

Well, it's pretty much the same game seeing as how they got all the progress on the game from that company that went bankrupt. Either way, it should rule.

actually it is COMPLETELY diferent. They started the Stargate Worlds as an MMO for PC ( and possibly X360, PS3 and Wii) in September 2005. SG:TA (Stargate: The Alliance) wasn't and hasn't been officially cancelled. The company just went bankrupt. SG:TA was an FPS/TPS for Xbox, PC and PS2. It had online, but not to the extent that Stargate Worlds is planned to be at. An example is this. Stargate: Tha Alliance is like Halo 2 or Killzone multiplayer wise. Stargate Worlds however is like Star Wars: Galaxies, or Guild Wars multiplayer wise
media man
Forum Newbie

oh they went bankrupt that explains why it was canceled
Rokas
Forum Newbie

Don't think they will want to continue on the ideally same series, it will be something a lot different from SG-1.
Guessing the third series could be related to the future of SGC and Earth. Like that Tau'ri would then become absolutely dominating force in galaxy and an advanced race as Ancients once were. Remember the '1969', what Cassandra was like when they jumped to the future, what technology she controlled(Asgard-like dial device).
Or if Ori won't be beaten in the final series and movies, it could be related to having war vs Ori in their galaxy.
Imperator Incendia

I really hope it does continue the Ori storyline because I think that it's too soon for them to be defeated after only 2 seasons and a movie. Look how long the Goa'uld lasted!
Anonymous

Imperator Incendia wrote:I really hope it does continue the Ori storyline because I think that it's too soon for them to be defeated after only 2 seasons and a movie. Look how long the Goa'uld lasted!

The Ori were a poor replacement for the snakeheads I tought.

They should have done something on an exploratory mission launched to find more aincent outposts.
Norbe
Forum Elder
Alliance: TÅ Åtlantis Expedition
ID: 37481

Anonymous wrote:The Ori were a poor replacement for the snakeheads I tought.

The problem with the Ori is they seem to be a bit ridiculously powerful... which i guess is good in a way - but makes it seem a bit excessive if we can beat them in 2 series.

Im hoping that the 3rd series is still based in the MW... kinda like Stargate:Alpha Site or similar - with regular visits from SG-1 & co, but still somehow completely different. Also im hoping they go a bit more in-depth with storylines and characters instead of the traditional stargate way of 1 ep per story - no sequels, little character development, etc. More like BSG in that sense I guess.

Norbe.
Albert Einstein:"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
Master Splinter:"The moral high ground...the best place to sight your artillery"

Return to “The TV room”