Beta Site changes - ascended superweapon & attacks

For discussion on balance, bugs, likes, dislikes of recently released features.
~Phoenix~
Forum Addict
Alliance: Unaligned
Race: Immortal

Dunoo what you lot are on about really, but CS is too overpowered atm.

it cost me like 3bil DMU tog et mine to 200bil odd attack, which increased my raw attack by 40bil odd when attacking, thats 99% of my actual attck so I got 80bil. It would cost me like 15bil dmu to get that atk normally.

I think admin just added one to many 0's if it was 10x weaker that would be perfect, absolutly perfect.
Hensenshi
Strange Soldier
ID: 0

~Phoenix~ wrote:Dunoo what you lot are on about really, but CS is too overpowered atm.

it cost me like 3bil DMU tog et mine to 200bil odd attack, which increased my raw attack by 40bil odd when attacking, thats 99% of my actual attck so I got 80bil. It would cost me like 15bil dmu to get that atk normally.

I think admin just added one to many 0's if it was 10x weaker that would be perfect, absolutly perfect.

If it was 100x or 1000x it'd still double my strike. :lol:

fremen wrote:I got hit by the same bug that Ston mentioned about a successful defense with your planets zeroing Ascended Life Force and Ascended Life Force Reserves. In addition to this my Ascended Life Force Reserves are not recovering at a normal rate. Shouldn't they build at the same rate as ALF whenever it is in the Energy Flow recovery zone? Because it is far behind that recovery as I have reduced Life force deep into that zone twice and still have a minimal Reserve recovered.

Ston: are you and any others hit with this bug having similar issues?

ALFR only recovers when you have over your maximum ALF.
~Phoenix~
Forum Addict

Well that depends on how crap your strike is :p

10x weaker than it is now would be good though, that would make it about right.
Maulwurf05
Fledgling Forumer

Neimenljivi wrote:Look, I'm a middle-ranked player. I still love MSs as they are on test server. It doesn't matter how much will it increase, it will increase to all for the same amount. If you have bad MS and enemy has bigger, it'll break through yeah. It gives u a risk that enemy needs attack only 2/3 approx of your defence and MS so much stronger that it can add aditional attack, but u can still have benfit if your MS is bigger, it'll add aditional defence to yourself and u have bigger chance of defending attack of n00bs with big strike...You should take this risk, when ascended you're SUPPOSED to risk A LOT.

I see were our different points of view come from now ... both Melchet (as he mentioned in one of his previous posts) and I consider a defense of 60 bil (and higher) to be in the middle range... so we don't have problems with noobs but the top players who we have to work hard to fight off (well, at least a few of them) now as it is - because if you have a 60 bil def or more you are bound to be a good raid target for them ... if the 1000 x CS is implemented there's no fighting chance to do that cause most of us would simply not have the resources to keep up with both the CS and def - hence the gap, which as Hensenshi pointed out is big already, would increase much faster ...

So a 100x increase as quite a few players seem to prefer would be much better, even though personally I'd prefer the 10x range :roll: ... (or go with Samson1111's idea of who needs a CS anyway :lol: )
Make CHOCOLATE, not WAR.
Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Lone wolf
Race: Slovenian
ID: 82089

Maulwurf05 wrote:
Neimenljivi wrote:Look, I'm a middle-ranked player. I still love MSs as they are on test server. It doesn't matter how much will it increase, it will increase to all for the same amount. If you have bad MS and enemy has bigger, it'll break through yeah. It gives u a risk that enemy needs attack only 2/3 approx of your defence and MS so much stronger that it can add aditional attack, but u can still have benfit if your MS is bigger, it'll add aditional defence to yourself and u have bigger chance of defending attack of n00bs with big strike...You should take this risk, when ascended you're SUPPOSED to risk A LOT.

I see were our different points of view come from now ... both Melchet (as he mentioned in one of his previous posts) and I consider a defense of 60 bil (and higher) to be in the middle range... so we don't have problems with noobs but the top players who we have to work hard to fight off (well, at least a few of them) now as it is - because if you have a 60 bil def or more you are bound to be a good raid target for them ... if the 1000 x CS is implemented there's no fighting chance to do that cause most of us would simply not have the resources to keep up with both the CS and def - hence the gap, which as Hensenshi pointed out is big already, would increase much faster ...

So a 100x increase as quite a few players seem to prefer would be much better, even though personally I'd prefer the 10x range :roll: ... (or go with Samson1111's idea of who needs a CS anyway :lol: )

Yea but if you can afford 60 bil defence, I bet that you can increase your CS to 400 sheilds and volleys - I dubt anyone's MS is strong enough to break through your MS AND add aditional 100% to his attack. He'd need then AT LEAST 600 bil strenght in his ATTACK on CS, not the whole CS...

~Neimenljivi
Haz wrote:It took a bit of time, but the investigation has now been completed.
S1eepy will be banned for scripting, for the remainder of this era.
Name: S1eepy [ TheCheekyChickens ]
{Banned}
2012 Awards awarded to me:
Spoiler
samson1111
Forum Irregular

Neimenljivi wrote:
Maulwurf05 wrote:

Yea but if you can afford 60 bil defence, I bet that you can increase your CS to 400 sheilds and volleys - I dubt anyone's MS is strong enough to break through your MS AND add aditional 100% to his attack. He'd need then AT LEAST 600 bil strenght in his ATTACK on CS, not the whole CS...

~Neimenljivi
u would be suprised
I consider my self as a lower-mid player
I could get 400 shields volleys in few days... top players in few turns. I personaly think that 400 shields/volleys is a very small number... if I talk about top players MSs... I'm talking about 1000's of upgrades(dunno exactly, thats out of my league for me)

I can easily imagine, the top players have 100+ times higher income then me
Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie

Command Star Power 436,600,000,000 Ranked 59

This is my MS on development server, it's nothing special, I know this. I have 430 volleys and 400 sheilds, yet I have it #59. I gave 400 volleys & sheilds only for example, but as you said, you can get this in a few days. I know top ones can get this in a few turns but their upgrades (for maximum capacity) cost realy a lot if they have more than 1k (which I belive they do) volleys and sheilds. But what I want to say is that they need to have their attack better than your whole MS to add something on ground attack, if u can afford 60 bil def I bet u can afford at least such MS as I have on development server and I know it won't be enough to get all of top players from you but it will be enough for some to leave you. Also we all get same amount of turns every day, no1 get's more of them. I think that top players will rather raid those who are higher # as they normaly have more miners and spend very valuable ATs on them...

~Neimenljivi
{Banned}
Spoiler
PSICOLIX
Forum Intermediate

About Balance.

the Personal attack, isn't well balance, have some pratical problems. let me explain with some examples.
if u take 2 mid ranged players with 30 Skills in each and 50 Maximum.
player A, attacks Player B
Player have a attack potencial OF +- 48,8k LF, only with contitucion AND Repusion Player B can defend +- 50%, that without count diferencial(too powerful, but is a good thing) and defend potencial and skill(don't count that much).
means that IN the BEST CASE SENARIO player a will do 24,4k LF demage.

Player B have a Maximum Energy Capacity OF 36.750, that means a equaly powerful player CAN"T even scrach the reserves of that player, imagine DEASCEND IT.

i don't want talk about the formulas here, so i will just resume it.

when attacking,
USE Maximum Energy Capacity is great BUT
Energy Attack Power Level and Skill need count more, it shoude direct after the attack potencial. (Total Offensive Capacity/1000) this is how i must be on the formula.

when defending
Energy Absorbtion Power and skill, also need a boost, same as attack i woude recomend (Total Defensive Capacity/1000) a direct Factor on the defence formula.
Personal Constitution, way too powerfull, with 100 u are untoucheble, and that not Good, i woude recomend change this from u take X% of demage to u take demage/(1+X%), that means if u have 100 that you woude half the demage, if u have 200 it woude make 3 times less and so on, its too powefull now, can't be left like this.
Energy Repulsion Strength, same as contitucion, can't be this way, if u have 100 you bounce 100% and take nothing? i thik u shoude change this to revenge thing, u receive 100% of the demage, but if u have X skill, you enemy will alson receive X% of that demage.

Command Star 1000X powerfull, i know 100X woude fit better now, but i undestend that in 6 months 100X will be useless, since the other status have a exponencial grow, so u have 2 options here, make it way over powerfull(1000X) and only have to worry about it in 1 year, OR make it also have a exponencial grow, adjust the cost of it with the cost of weapons, and add 2 MS options od the power up PAGE. the 2nd one woude be much better,.
new Sing soon.
General Cote
Fledgling Forumer

PSICOLIX wrote:About Balance.

the Personal attack, isn't well balance, have some pratical problems. let me explain with some examples.
if u take 2 mid ranged players with 30 Skills in each and 50 Maximum.
player A, attacks Player B
Player have a attack potencial OF +- 48,8k LF, only with contitucion AND Repusion Player B can defend +- 50%, that without count diferencial(too powerful, but is a good thing) and defend potencial and skill(don't count that much).
means that IN the BEST CASE SENARIO player a will do 24,4k LF demage.

Player B have a Maximum Energy Capacity OF 36.750, that means a equaly powerful player CAN"T even scrach the reserves of that player, imagine DEASCEND IT.

i don't want talk about the formulas here, so i will just resume it.

when attacking,
USE Maximum Energy Capacity is great BUT
Energy Attack Power Level and Skill need count more, it shoude direct after the attack potencial. (Total Offensive Capacity/1000) this is how i must be on the formula.

when defending
Energy Absorbtion Power and skill, also need a boost, same as attack i woude recomend (Total Defensive Capacity/1000) a direct Factor on the defence formula.
Personal Constitution, way too powerfull, with 100 u are untoucheble, and that not Good, i woude recomend change this from u take X% of demage to u take demage/(1+X%), that means if u have 100 that you woude half the demage, if u have 200 it woude make 3 times less and so on, its too powefull now, can't be left like this.
Energy Repulsion Strength, same as contitucion, can't be this way, if u have 100 you bounce 100% and take nothing? i thik u shoude change this to revenge thing, u receive 100% of the demage, but if u have X skill, you enemy will alson receive X% of that demage.

Command Star 1000X powerfull, i know 100X woude fit better now, but i undestend that in 6 months 100X will be useless, since the other status have a exponencial grow, so u have 2 options here, make it way over powerfull(1000X) and only have to worry about it in 1 year, OR make it also have a exponencial grow, adjust the cost of it with the cost of weapons, and add 2 MS options od the power up PAGE. the 2nd one woude be much better,.

completely agree....i just hit someone with two level 40 ascended attack and he had 30 absorb, 40 const and 30 repulsion and i got my arse handed to me id have to have lvl 100 to do any kind of realistic damage against those levels
~Phoenix~
Forum Addict

About the CS, it would take me 2days income to get it to over 300bil in both attack and defense at thsi current stage. It would take me 4weeks to get just my defense to that point.

its 100% overpowered, and I can garentee if it was put in like this, it would take a big chunk out of the skill in ascended.
Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie

~Phoenix~ wrote:About the CS, it would take me 2days income to get it to over 300bil in both attack and defense at thsi current stage. It would take me 4weeks to get just my defense to that point.

its 100% overpowered, and I can garentee if it was put in like this, it would take a big chunk out of the skill in ascended.

MS/CS is SUPPOSED to be much more powerfull than your defence/attack is, at least in series....

~Neimenljivi
{Banned}
Spoiler
~Phoenix~
Forum Addict

Neimenljivi wrote:
~Phoenix~ wrote:About the CS, it would take me 2days income to get it to over 300bil in both attack and defense at thsi current stage. It would take me 4weeks to get just my defense to that point.

MS/CS is SUPPOSED to be much more powerfull than your defence/attack is, at least in series....

~Neimenljivi

In series? You mean TV? We dont have this on tv its all made up. And jsut take a look at main, MS there aint much more powerfull.

Its our command star it should be strong yes.. however not THAT strong.. it would destabalize the whole game.
Hensenshi
Strange Soldier

~Phoenix~ wrote:
Neimenljivi wrote:

~Neimenljivi

In series? You mean TV? We dont have this on tv its all made up. And jsut take a look at main, MS there aint much more powerfull.

Its our command star it should be strong yes.. however not THAT strong.. it would destabalize the whole game.

Command Star can only add so much to your strike/defense. :? I fail to see how it could destabilize the game.
Ston
Forum Irregular
Alliance: Omega Allegiance
Race: Ascended Stone
ID: 13514

Hensenshi[Omega] wrote:Command Star can only add so much to your strike/defense. :? I fail to see how it could destabilize the game.

well in defence CS damage will be added to normal defense power and therfor cause LF damage to attacker in asc battles, which can hurt quite a bit at the current setup...
PSICOLIX
Forum Intermediate

i already revised the new #, and i still think we have a problem with the defence.

well, i'm doing the analyze with 0,25,50,75,100 on all techs.
i know for most of you 75-100 is massive, but the top guys have that now, and in 3-4 months you will have too.
so with the new formulas:
Energy Absorbtion Power 100
Energy Absorbtion Skill 100
give you a 75% defence, thats massive, and with u place Repusion Level
Personal Constitution you are looking to "IMUNE" guy.
so here my sugestion....

Energy Absorbtion Power,Energy Absorbtion Skill shoud be caulated with 75 base(trade the 2 "100" on the formulas to 2 "75") that way the MAX you can defend is 75%. if u think that before that part of the attck can be "bounced" and after that the constitucion will reduce that in x%, i belive 75% max in better.

Energy Repulsion Level, also shoude have a limit on 25%, and i belive u shoude receive the demage you are strink back, take this like using energy to send the energy of thr enemy back to he.

Personal Constitution, also a natural limit of 50%.

well, the thing is, u have a combination of 3 techs to defend youself, and all using %, thats 3% to defend, and only 1 to attack

also wanna ADD the RESERVE thing is too BIG shoude be the same size or 2 times bigger tops.
new Sing soon.

Return to “Discussion on Released Enhancements”