Removal of Locked Topics

for FORUM issues, complaints, requests, bugs, etc - - not game related...
evilhomer
Fledgling Forumer
ID: 0

Removal of Locked Topics

With the immense amount of locked topics resulting from spam in the Colosseum, would it be possible to move them to another thread? Possibly one for that specific reason? We have an archive for older posts, how about one for locked war topics or locked topics in general? Its becoming quite hard to find anything up to date with with so many locked topics at the top of the page.
Tok`ra

Better yet, make the dump public, but read only.
Cole
Forum History
Alliance: Generations
Race: System Lord
ID: 7889
Alternate name(s): Legendary Apophis, Apophis The Great, Legendary

Re: Removal of Locked Topics

evilhomer wrote:With the immense amount of locked topics resulting from spam in the Colosseum, would it be possible to move them to another thread? Possibly one for that specific reason? We have an archive for older posts, how about one for locked war topics or locked topics in general? Its becoming quite hard to find anything up to date with with so many locked topics at the top of the page.

Lock only those with less than 5 total posts, in stargate wars general, galactic colloseum, race sections etc
Big threads locked haven't to be locked, same goes for those with over 1 page!
Fair and reasonable opinion I have, we get rid of worst, and keep old stuff from history, what has interest...
evilhomer
Fledgling Forumer

No, not just those with less than 5, any locked topic. There are at this moment 17 locked topics in the Colosseum thread alone. I have neither the time nor the inclination to add all the locked topics up.

I'm not advocating deletion, just movement after a set (and hopefully short) timeframe. Move them to a public, read only dump, and let them be. This way they are still available for reading, quoting and what not, just not cluttering the current forum convo.
GAT-X207
Forum Expert

we could make a recirculation section where all locked threads are moved to
who needs submarines anyway, those little black boats just keep sinking under the water anyway.
Tok`ra

Another fourm Im semi active on, or used to me, has a section for all locked/crap topics (they dont just lock topics out of hand on that fourm) are sent too.

However, only mods and up can post there, but its viewavle to registerd members.

ANd its a php fourm, so doable here too.
Midnight
Forum Regular

Tok`ra wrote:Another fourm Im semi active on, or used to me, has a section for all locked/crap topics (they dont just lock topics out of hand on that fourm) are sent too.

However, only mods and up can post there, but its viewavle to registerd members.

That exactely how I have the Magnificents forum set up.
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom
Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
Race: System Lord / AJNA
ID: 1928117

Honours and Awards

Tok`ra wrote:Better yet, make the dump public, but read only.

The dump is often used to remove things that are not meant for public veiwing. Thats why its not made public.

@ Homer I completely agree.
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
Reason, youll get dead.
Tok`ra

And why not keep them in public view ?

If they contain inappropiate material, then leave them inviewable.
Dagr
Forum Expert
Race: Asgard
ID: 50627
Alternate name(s): Day

Why not have a public dump and one that isn't.
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Alliance: Lucian Alliance
Race: Templar
ID: 7
Alternate name(s): Hrefna
Reitha

Honours and Awards

reason for not having one public and one nonpublic is that it is much easier to simply move all such threads to one place...

and the reason it is hidden is that most bots are moved there, and some threads made by bots are harmful... (I.E. link to some virus...)
"Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the gods, Browsers shall be changed to carry the internet out amongst the peoples and we will spread Firefox to all the unbelievers. The power of the Firefox will be felt far and wide and the wicked users of IE shall be converted to use the true browsers."

Curious about our color? Feel free to ask...

Return to “Forum Specific Issues/Requests/Bugs (NOT GAME ISSUES)”