TURNS STUCK

compmage
Moderation Wizard
Race: Daimon
ID: 5149

Honours and Awards

GhostyGoo, who is able to phone international numbers, has been able to get hold of Forum on the phone. He is on his way and things should be sorted out shortly.

Hang in there people, you will all soon be getting your daily fix. :)
Posting as General Mod

In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry, and is generally considered to have been a bad move.
- Douglas Adams
King Austin
Forum Grunt
Alliance: The Legion of Dawn
Race: Tollan
ID: 6088

Didn't mean to sound downgrading, very sorry. I was just thinking that with all the time that we've missed, the program was still adding up everyone Naq and moves, just not giving them to us, but we would get them when everything returns to normal.
Sorry man!
THE SAZ
Fledgling Forumer
ID: 0

rdb wrote:Err isn't PST just two hours ahead of EST

3 hours actually. And thats 8 hours for me in GMT.

Nice one on comtacting the powers that be Gooey!!! :D

Be careful of who you choose to attack. Choose wrongly, and face the wrath that is THE SAZ.
Sleipnir
Merriest Mod in the West

Honours and Awards

:shock: PST? Doesn't that mean you called him in the middle of the night? Granted I got nothing since this morning, but....it's not bad enough to wake him for. Time will continue eventually, we'll all just have a little less naq and turns to go around.

As soon as you build an idiot proof system, somebody else builds a better idiot.

If it moves, kill it. If it doesn't move, kick it until it does move, and then kill it.
King Austin
Forum Grunt
Alliance: The Legion of Dawn
Race: Tollan
ID: 6088

GhostyGoo is a champ above champs! It's a public holiday were i am so there is nothing to do today.
Your a legend Goo!
THE SAZ
Fledgling Forumer

Sleipnir wrote::shock: PST? Doesn't that mean you called him in the middle of the night? Granted I got nothing since this morning, but....it's not bad enough to wake him for. Time will continue eventually, we'll all just have a little less naq and turns to go around.

yeah, thats why i was telling people to be patient. i dont think its fair to wake em up int he middle of the night just cause some people are getting grumpy. the game shouldnt over take their lives - RL come first. :)

Everyone is at the same disadvantage anyway, so i dont see what the problems is, its not like some are getting naq/troops when others arent.

Be careful of who you choose to attack. Choose wrongly, and face the wrath that is THE SAZ.
GhostyGoo
Forum Addict
Alliance: 5PYM45T3R
Race: HE WHO KEEPS ME HERE
Location: ZOOMING THROUGH YOUR EGO AT A ZILLION MILES AN HOUR

Honours and Awards

Yes, by the sound of things.. Forum was quite possibly asleep, not anymore though... heheh, i can't imagine being woken up by my stupendously booming voice, most chucklesome.

Us Yorkshiremen are born with a blade of grass in our mouths, and i never lost my accent even through all the intelecet i have gathered throughout the years... i still sound like a cider swigging bumpkin heheh.

PHONE LOG:

(ring ring)
Forum: hello?
Goo: Yeh.
Forum: -silence-
Goo: Game's busted.
Forum: ehr..
Goo: aye, busted, turns stuck like, have been all night mate, or at least most of it.. heh.
Forum: ok! i'm on it!
Goo: good luck mate, toodles :)

tremendously funny.

Goo
ImageImageImage
Spoiler
GhostyGoo wrote:Yesno.
the3rdlibra wrote:if it's a silly turnip head competition you want, i'm going to decline as i think i may have met my match in you vegetable brains.
Cersei Lannister wrote:Debasing? I am not the one drawing crazy pictures of force fielded stick figures.
Energise
Magical Monkeys & Grapefruit Migration:|:Hallowed are the Gò.Ó'ri™ **fixed**
GhostyGoo
Forum Addict

Honours and Awards

fixed :)

goo
ImageImageImage
Spoiler
the3rdlibra wrote:if it's a silly turnip head competition you want, i'm going to decline as i think i may have met my match in you vegetable brains.
Cersei Lannister wrote:Debasing? I am not the one drawing crazy pictures of force fielded stick figures.
Energise
THE SAZ
Fledgling Forumer

You're so cruel! It's like 4am there! *shakes head*

:roll:

GhostyGoo
Forum Addict

Honours and Awards

THE SAZ wrote:You're so cruel! It's like 4am there! *shakes head*

:roll:

-chuckles- just wait while you talk to me finally Saz, you'll understand fully the severity of being woken up by me ;)

Goo
ImageImageImage
Spoiler
Energise
THE SAZ
Fledgling Forumer

I doubt it, we are at least the same timezone. ;)

GhostyGoo
Forum Addict

Honours and Awards

THE SAZ wrote:I doubt it, we are at least the same timezone. ;)

HA HA! all that means my dear is that when i ring you at 4am i don't need to do any sums, all i need to do is look at my watch ;)

Goo. BOO! (it's 4am somewhere in the world)
ImageImageImage
Spoiler
Energise
Tinsel

Looks like the problem is back. I'm not accumulating any turns or naquada. Anyone else with the same problem?
Blackheart
Forum Newbie
Alliance: DDE
Race: System Lord / Tolah
ID: 27015

I've been having the problem since yesterday
Forum
Site Admin

Honours and Awards

4am :)
but I applaud the call... sure - was a bit tired, but a quick hour of work and I resolved the issue.. my bad for rolling changes into production late in the evening :shock:
for the record - if the game or site goes down -- it is a top priority for me no matter what time of day.... 1 big vote for Goo as 'uber mod' of the day!! :) ...

Now- even after the initial fix, server was SOOOO busy that it was very slow giving out turns (just caught up nowish -- about 14hours to catch up!)
This resulted in a couple instances today where things appeared to be stuck, but were in fact just busy catching up with themselves :)
It should also be said that with the current load on the server, and the extra 'calculations' with the new officer/commander functions, it will stay a bit slow and the timer will not always be right, until server is upgraded. This will be in 1-3 days from now, and -- likely about a week or 10 days later -- a 2nd upgrade will be done.... (that's the server that had a bad component...). Really wanted to have that new server in before the upgrades, but couldn't just sit on them and not release them :)

So - apologies for the 'time stop' and thanks in advance for the patience of an overworked server until we can get the new ones in place!!

cheers
admin.

Sleipnir wrote::shock: PST? Doesn't that mean you called him in the middle of the night? Granted I got nothing since this morning, but....it's not bad enough to wake him for. Time will continue eventually, we'll all just have a little less naq and turns to go around.

Return to “Bugs Archive”