The market is just getting stupid again

A place to discuss 'Market Stuff'

Moderator: Market Mods

Byrne
Forum Newbie
ID: 0

Re: The market is just getting stupid again

I don't see any difference in the market..
Its just like any other..
It goes up and down, and thats life
Any i suppose its good to have realism in this game.. ah!
Xale
Forum Irregular

Market has been stupid for half a year now. If you would compare this to real life stock markets, AT prices would have split 50% twice allready. But since game admins dont want to bring the prices to what they used to be we all learned to adapt to get little for much. I am sure in short time At prices will raise by alot more due to the new raiding caps. maybe this time the market will be balanced out like they were once a long time ago...
General Xale, Slovenia United HC
Ergon
Forum Irregular

Xale wrote:Market has been stupid for half a year now. If you would compare this to real life stock markets, AT prices would have split 50% twice allready. But since game admins dont want to bring the prices to what they used to be we all learned to adapt to get little for much. I am sure in short time At prices will raise by alot more due to the new raiding caps. maybe this time the market will be balanced out like they were once a long time ago...

i dont get you

you say the market was balenced BEFORE. So lets see MORE NAQ MORE UU and you want the SAME PRICES. Thats not balanced at al..unbalaneced if nething lol
Rouge Beast
Forum Newbie

Boomarang wrote:I have 2,300 AT for sale @ 35 Bill a k

Just set up the broker[s]

Thx
:-D
Booms

Ah the gd old days :D
Reaperman
Forum Intermediate

sigh.. another thread complaining about the markets..

I'm sorry peeps but only a week or 2 ago I was reading a thread here saying that att turns should be removed from the market and that unlimited att's are killing the game...

Which is it peeps too many or not enough???

My advice is this:

The market is there, it is staying there and the rates depend opn what is in high demand. Deal with it :-D
market mod speaking
Eternal Serenity
Forum Irregular
Race: Tollan
ID: 1922320

LOL bit old but Im bored. See the issue I see with the whole supply and demand idea is when demand reaches a point it becomes profitable and more people will make that good. Look at console gaming demand prospered and as an eventuality we see new companies seriously competing. (yes i am a uber nerd I play video games xbox live even get me if you ever wanna game) But in this game demand is rising at an alarming rate yet the amount of turns produced can not be increased. Sure if the rise in prices is enough a few more sellers will come forth, but its not realistic. Hell because of our current situation our set number of turns stays steady or decreases but cost shoots up. Its close to the opposite effect plenty of demand no way to increase supply.Its a problem of means of production we dont control that no ingame market does not count its another means of purchase. Albeit a cheaper one than the black market but we are doing nothing but buying from a large pool
Saber
Forum Irregular

Well if you go by the gaming market look then you can also find the contrary to what you are saying. When a new console is released by a company and as long as it is good the supply doesn't meet the demand. Which is why people buy them and then sell them on ebay for a profit. The company does not open a new factory to produce more they just keep what they have and produce what they can for they know that if people want them they will keep buying them. So with this situation it shows the exact same thing as AT market we currently have were the stream of AT is constant for the universe knows that their will always be a demand.
Eternal Serenity
Forum Irregular
Race: Tollan
ID: 1922320

Ahh but think of it this way, in the begginning there were just a few systems and not many sizable players. As the demand increased you have new companies such as microsoft emerging and producing not thousands but millions of systems to meet demand. Yea sometimes they still dont make enough but when demand reaches a point production will increase. In the least cheaper and more efficient ways of creating them are produced so cost goes down. So heres my proposal Im not a huyge game designer I dont know if its to complicated.

1. Create a new technology tree which reduces the amount of turns needed to gain the full amount. Catch it cost alot to upgrade or you need to pay so much weekly to use it. Goes along with idea number 2.
2. In the market area make it so you can sacrifice 1 mt or so much naq. to reduce the price of ats. If you pay this fee your market turns cost less. This means peopel put back into it market and maybe stabilizes prices and turns but doesnt mean turns for free.
The latter is sort of a guild style to like the old days to keep one merchant for selling to cheap or high and ensure fair bussiness. Not perfect but starts I didnt spend a whole ton of time on it.
~Tarkin~
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: Dominium System Lords
Race: System Lord
ID: 1933647

I FOUND A CURE FOR THE "STUPID" MARKET!!!!

OK you guys, I have read through a bunch of this thread and I have come up with and tested a solution for the rising prices in the market. OK, so here is what I did:

I went to the UU market and looked at the prices.

I noted that 1 mil UU was going for about 750 bil Naq.

I posted advertising that I was buying 1 mil UU for 700 bil naq.

Then, I waited.

Not too much later I got a broker and bought myself UU for a bit under market. You see, the power isn't in the sellers, it is in the buyers. If we want the prices to go down we just have to refuse to pay these high prices. Just post what you are willing to pay and then stick to it. All we have to do is continue to post "buying" ads to lower the rate. We just have to stick to our guns and not buy these over priced units.

That's my two cents, take it or leave it; but I will not be paying these inflated prices.
danuboy
Forum Irregular

Grand Moff Tarkin wrote:I FOUND A CURE FOR THE "STUPID" MARKET!!!!

OK you guys, I have read through a bunch of this thread and I have come up with and tested a solution for the rising prices in the market. OK, so here is what I did:

I went to the UU market and looked at the prices.

I noted that 1 mil UU was going for about 750 bil Naq.

I posted advertising that I was buying 1 mil UU for 700 bil naq.

Then, I waited.

Not too much later I got a broker and bought myself UU for a bit under market. You see, the power isn't in the sellers, it is in the buyers. If we want the prices to go down we just have to refuse to pay these high prices. Just post what you are willing to pay and then stick to it. All we have to do is continue to post "buying" ads to lower the rate. We just have to stick to our guns and not buy these over priced units.

That's my two cents, take it or leave it; but I will not be paying these inflated prices.

You perfectly right . If the buyers don`t want to pay the prices the sellers have to drop the prices, but it`s a hard thing to do...
Contact me:

1) Ingame ID: 1959433

2) MSN : dan_stargate@hotmail.com

Trade feedback

Return to “Market Discussion”