Automated APP reculation and in built cross server deals

Suggest any improvements
chargin
Forum Intermediate
ID: 0

Automated APP reculation and in built cross server deals

There have been several suggestions about increasing the APP to life force ratio, increasing the link in between ascension and main and making it so the average player can send goods back to main. I’d like to cover all of these in 1 suggestion.

This can be achieved by an ascension DMU to Naq trade page. The prices are set by supply and demand by players, in anonymous bids. The next 5 available trades can be seen but only the top trade (best rates) can be accepted (you can take part of the resources). Basically you just type in how much naq or DMU you want for a set amount of naq or DMU that you have, the best rates for buying and selling each item will be shown.

To make it so the market isn’t filled with hundreds of small trades (even though only top 5 are shown) there should be a lower level of 100bil main naq which isn't too hard to come by. To make it so smaller players can still trade in ascension they can put it into a “market bank” which they can not withdraw from. A “receipts bank” for dmu bought off players can hold DMU for 24hrs, after that time it will start coming out at the rate of 5% per turn.

Trades are returned to the “market bank” if not accepted within 24hrs, they can not be canceled. There is a 1-2 hour delay time for goods getting to the market.

In main the bank will be used as normal to send and receive naq.

So how does this affect the APP to life force rate? The average market price over the last week of the market can be calculated and then converted. For example the market amounts sent last week (this is out of date now, but the example works) were 1 Trillion main naq (in total) which was traded for 10 trillion DMU. 1 trillion DMU buys 100million life force, so the 1trillion main naq should be able to do this at a cheaper rate (so you can buy DMU off the market, send life force from main to make ascensions always useful!) This can be done by using two times the amount of APP gained from naq, which is just under 2.25 times as effective (when sending large amounts of UP) as the best way. If just the 1trillion main naq was sent up (at naq rates) it should create 100 million life force, which can be done through the formula shown below.

APP Exchange rate=(ascension DMU exchanged/main naq exchanged)*120

So if somebody ascended with 100bil main naq (1/10 of what was traded on market, for example) they would have the exchange rate of (10tril/1tril)*120=1200 life force per APP. 100bil main naq gets 16667 APP which is convertible into (exchange rate * App)=600*16677=200mil life force. This is twice the amount of life force that can be gained through DMU being converted to naq, if this was done in the most cost effective way (very large UP) it would be 5 times the most cost effective rates but if converted to DMU from life force it would cost twice as much as buying off the market!

To answer complaints I know I will get with this:
1. The big players in ascension will get really powerful in main by transferring all of their stuff back to main! They will be loaded.

They are rich in both now, please do not try to convince yourself otherwise. This is mainly because they can transfer ascension back to main at crazy rates and a lot do, the top players make around 500bil DMU per turn, the top players in main make around 20bil a turn. At current rates (when i first made this thread lol) if 200 of the top main incomes (assuming they were all the same) sent all of their resources up for 1 day, they’d make as much life force as one of the top players in ascension for a day. As you can imagine, the new rate will eventually be 100s of times better (it now is better due to more competition of customers in ascension, this will increase that competition for customers even more) than the current one making ascension playable for newer players.

2. I don’t want those rich kids who can buy anything in main, to be able to buy anything in ascension!

Honestly, they can just buy an ascended account with their money, and at pretty decent prices. Money is in this game one way or another. This will be no means make the top players in ascension weaker, it will just make a little more movement within ascension.

3. I worked hard to get what I did in ascended/main I don’t want people’s money to be sent in-between the servers and ruin all my hard work.

It can be now! The lack of an official channel just makes the servers imbalanced (ie you can buy Life force currently cheaper than u can send it up from main! That just makes everyone do small as possible ascensions which isn’t how it should be…)

4. sniper accounts could easily move resources from ascended to main.

This can be solved by the DMU while traveling to your “market bank” taking 1 hour, during this time you are allowed unlimited normal attacks (ie attacks for dmu...the standard "attack" button) until the DMU going to the market is lost, the reason for unlimited normal attacks is to prevent people from asking their allies to attack them until they can't be hit any more.
Last edited by chargin on Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:23 pm, edited 4 times in total.

I say smart things so people don't realize how dumb i am.
~Zekk~
Forum Addict
Alliance: Universal Consciousness
Race: Magi
ID: 616

Re: To make ascention/main more connected and interesting for al

I was going to complain about the rates being too much, but after reading the bottom half of your post i agree with you.

This suggestion has ALOT of potential to cure the trading problem that I pointed out in my thread.

Nice work, I hope the others like this as much as I do. :)

~Zeke~
Image--by Miko Miko, for KonataChan, of animesuke. *borrows without permission, but with credits* ~_^

Anyone Play Go?
Omoc wrote:
S*rew the equality!

I LOVE WHEN MY GIRLFRIEND DOMINATES ME! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Raven
Forum Elite

DD/TO rule main? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Let them get their naq for selling DMU the old way this is a <modded> suggestion .......if they wanna trade so badly they can do it how it is now
Former Member of The Legion
'Terrorists of SGW'
~Zekk~
Forum Addict
Alliance: Universal Consciousness
Race: Magi
ID: 616

Raven wrote:DD/TO rule main? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Let them get their naq for selling DMU the old way this is a **Filtered** suggestion .......if they wanna trade so badly they can do it how it is now

This isn't just a suggestion to help the big players grow, it will help the smaller players grow a lot as well and will probably help with several other problems that relate to this one.

~Zeke~
Image--by Miko Miko, for KonataChan, of animesuke. *borrows without permission, but with credits* ~_^

Anyone Play Go?
Omoc wrote:
S*rew the equality!

I LOVE WHEN MY GIRLFRIEND DOMINATES ME! :lol: :lol: :lol:
~Krys~
Forum Irregular
Alliance: Nemesis
ID: 68005

dude this would actually lower their profit margins so id keep a tad quite if i were you

everyone believes ascended needs to be changed don't stand in the way of changes as it cant get worse then it already is

also if people at the top sell resources that means less for them to spend on their account
~krys~ the last 2ic of The Order
RIP
Raven
Forum Elite

Dirtnap wrote:dude this would actually lower their profit margins so id keep a tad quite if i were you

everyone believes ascended needs to be changed don't stand in the way of changes as it cant get worse then it already is

also if people at the top sell resources that means less for them to spend on their account

I will stand against any changes i dont like just like you would......i can give my opinion and if you dont like it thats bad luck......

BTW i hope my post is good enough for Hen this time cause he likes to give me board warnings it seems.., :lol: :lol:
Former Member of The Legion
'Terrorists of SGW'
TheRook
Forum Addict
Alliance: Warlords of Briton
Race: Humanoid
ID: 30679

bring in an ascension plague!!

/runs away :D

TheRook
My Account for Sale (cold hard cash) at the link below (Have a look its a great deal!)
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 1&t=174111

Main ID = 30679 | Ascended ID = 1467
Mato
Forum Expert

TheRook wrote:bring in an ascension plague!!

TheRook

yea and plague begins at 100 mil planets, and increases every 100mil planets :)
chargin
Forum Intermediate

that isn't really going to help if the limits aren't increased though. my suggestion will mainly make the app to life force rate correct and updated automatically which will make ascending more worth while and ascension a lot more playable.

chargin
Forum Intermediate

i'd like to revive my old thread because due to increased competition in the DMU market i think this is more viable then when i first made it.

cyberblade
Forum Regular
Alliance: Pi Allegiance

I think the idea has great merit. do this, and fix the problem with assassins and ascension will likely be about 2-3 times more played.
TheRook
Forum Addict
Alliance: Warlords of Briton
Race: Humanoid
ID: 30679

TheRook wrote:bring in an ascension plague!!

TheRook

lol I've just noticed this... am I to blame for the CER adjustments above 2 billion??

/walks off in shame
My Account for Sale (cold hard cash) at the link below (Have a look its a great deal!)
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 1&t=174111

Main ID = 30679 | Ascended ID = 1467
chargin
Forum Intermediate

Re: Automated APP reculation and in built cross server deals

i changed the thread title to make it more descriptive of the content. :D

thanks,
chargin.

chargin
Forum Intermediate

bump!

chargin
Forum Intermediate

This would be the ONLY real way for new players to build an ascended account since they can't buy DMU any more (due to needing to be 1/5th size). It would increase the amount they get from APP and would increase the amount they get from trading with other players.

Return to “Suggestions”