I forum, therefor i am.

want to publicly say something about the current Forum Mods? The Mod setup? The Rules of the Forum? here you go...
RobinInDaHood
Forum Elite
Race: Vulpes
ID: 75697

Re: I forum, therefor i am.

KGC wrote:I'd like to know what it means, not because of fear of offense, lol, but because I have no idea what it means

A goober is a playful term for someone who is silly and goofy. Literally, a goober is a peanut. So, calling someone a goober can also mean they have a head shaped like a peanut.

I've never seen STI's head so we'll use the former. ;)
buck
The Main Event
Race: Degenerate
ID: 16843

Honours and Awards

Muppet is as muppet does sir...
Spoiler
2006 -
Poster of the Year
2007 -
Runner up signature of the Year
Runner up most improved player of the Year
Runner up hero of the Year
Alliance war of the year (CIA vs COP)
2008-
Hall of Fame
2009-
Runner up Hero of the Year
2010-
Vendetta of the Year (Buck vs Tekki)
Runner up Vendetta of the Year (Buck vs Darthudd)

Noteworthy alliances-
Omega
Mayhem
Radical Minority
Nemesis Sect
Warlords of Briton

Previous affiliations-
TL
Ricos
DDE
The Tok'ra
The OOC
The SLA

Missed and dear friends -
Too Many to count, but never forgotten.
Code:
"Now I Don't like you, I don't respect you, and I sure as hell don't fear you. But seeing how your standing in the middle of my yard, I will break you."
RobinInDaHood
Forum Elite
Race: Vulpes
ID: 75697

buck wrote:Muppet is as muppet does sir...

heh... touche. I'm going to assume you meant I was furry, ok? ;)
buck
The Main Event

Honours and Awards

Mine precious reply to everything nuto just said...

viewtopic.php?f=101&t=87643

This is not the tyrony of the minority, The people have spoken....38 votes comfirms me currently the "best global mod" .

Should agapooka kick me out for thinking on my toes and being a half decent mod? No, No i wouldnt kick him out for doing it either...

Would you like your wooden spoon back?
Spoiler
2006 -
Poster of the Year
2007 -
2008-
Hall of Fame
2009-
2010-

Noteworthy alliances-
Omega
Mayhem
Radical Minority
Nemesis Sect
Warlords of Briton

Previous affiliations-
TL
Ricos
DDE
The Tok'ra
The OOC
The SLA

Code:
"Now I Don't like you, I don't respect you, and I sure as hell don't fear you. But seeing how your standing in the middle of my yard, I will break you."
Mandragoran
Forum Grunt
ID: 0

I can't believe all of this crap is flying around about modding....

To Dusty first and foremost....You will be a great mod, I have every faith in that...But you can understand how people can get wound up about protocal and the like...At the end of the day just keep your head down and do the good job I know you'll do

To Bucky...Matey I am sure that you appointed Dusty for what you consider to be the good of the community. But understand that people will always cry foul when it is not done through what people consider proper channels. Nomination, voting and the like.....

For Example God forbid you resigned as a mod, would Dusty not lose an element of legitimacy if you left considering you and only you are the one that appointed him....Not saying I actually believe this, but some might, no???

Jess my love, while I can understand that you want rhings to be done properly...they in your eyes haven't been. At this juncture I think you have eloquently made your point and have assurances that this sort of thing will not occur in the future. So its a win win really......

Basically you guys are all my very good friends, to me you all make SGW what it is and having you lot fall out has me on the verge of packing up and going home...So get it sorted folks

End of
Come_Forth
Forum Expert
ID: 0

buck wrote:Mine precious reply to everything nuto just said...

This is not the tyrony of the minority, The people have spoken....38 votes comfirms me currently the "best global mod" .

Should agapooka kick me out for thinking on my toes and being a half decent mod? No, No i wouldnt kick him out for doing it either...

Would you like your wooden spoon back?

39 ;)
"Conservatives are not necessarily stupid, but most stupid people are conservatives."
John Stuart Mill
Vendetta
Forum Elite
Alliance: Tauri Alliance [TATS Leader]
Race: System Lord
ID: 21763

Nuto vixen wrote:
Remove global mods ability to ban, then people wouldn't be banned so often, and the only people who can ban are the admins, like it use to be.

This I dont agree with Jess, I have been on the other end of the stick there, boy have I been on the other end of the stick there, I sat for somewhere around 2 hours, finding and deleting topics and posts made by this one idiot who posted anything and everything inappropriate around the forum, waiting for an admin to come online to ban him.

I was the only mod on, and using dial up to :cry:

And knowing the SGW forum as i do, removing that from super mods could be very problematic.

ANYWAYS, I say good on Jess for speaking her mind when and where she wants to. And that, even though Buck may have made a good choice in promoting Dusty, and Dusty could turn out to be good (once he has finished with his good first impression :lol: ) It really should be handled through proper means. But not so much that mods are appointed on a popularity contest, similar to the SGW awards :lol:
The Deity
Forum Regular
Alliance: Ancient Brethren
Race: Ancient
ID: 23494
Location: Alas, Now I'm A Little Further Away From The Sun, But I'm Closer To The Warmth

WARNING WARNING - LARGE POST AHEAD!

So this particular chapter began when Buck appointed Diamond Dust to mod status. We never said Lou would be a bad mod, we just disagreed with the process by which he was put there and the fact that we thought had there been a chance to nominate, other forum goers would have applied.
As can be seen bellow in a group Convo that was happening regarding the next Aussie convention, it wasn't as if there was a sudden call to arms.

MSN wrote:11/09/2007 8:25:34 PM Nuto: and now Diamond dust is just a mod of the forum she was initially modding
[TL] Evil Empress Robe: weird
[TL] Evil Empress Robe: but good
The Deity: Meh, Buck got him into mod his section
Nuto: yeah, I noticed
Nuto: thats ot at all power abuse...
The Deity: Let's see how Lou goes

And to be honest, the outcry over the Mod kickbacks by the community that led to the creation of the section that this thread currently resides in only just occurred.
So we have a lot of people mad about not being able to vote for mods and that Mods are doing things covertly with the possibility of getting rewards, Forum comes on and says
"Stiff s%*t, these are Pookie's forums, what he wants to do, he can."
And then a Global Mod elects a friend to mod intern-ship without going by Pookie at all and also ignoring what the forum goers had said about mod selection only days before. Now they seem surprised that someone has decided to stir the pot? Really...? This comes as a surprise?

So far the general consensus is that the way Lou was elected was wrong, "THAT'S" what the issue was that was highlighted:
https://talk.gatewa.rs/viewtopic.php?f=95&t=89847
You'll also notice that that thread was moved to the Forum Specific Issues/Requests/Bugs (NOT GAME ISSUES) area which was the appropriate thing to do as the topic belonged there.
Why is it then that this topic was not started there to begin with? It's just forum related, a rant extension of the aforementioned one and buck the global mod started it, shouldn't he know where it should go?
Probably, he just likes the attention of the general section as Winter Wolf highlighted in his post.

For those of you interested in the story behind the story, Buck posted about myself, Nuto and.... Robe not being his true friends and how he was so disappointed by it all but then to save face in the thread, he nominated people who he still loved because they talked to him. One was Winter Wolf who I attend University with. We had a laugh because in the grand scheme of things we had both talked to buck about the same amount and that his inclusion was an attempt hurt Nuto and I because one of our RL friends was included. E.g. "Look! Alex is MY friend so there!"

I didn't mind being there, buck was aware of why I wasn't too fond of his ingame side;
buck wrote:20/04/2007 11:06:05 PM Phil The Deity i certainly wont be joining any sort of alliance if i do leave

"Then when he got kicked out of OoC for using GhostyGoo's account details he joined Omega which is another thing that concerns Nuto and buck which I might go into a little later. Basically Nuto and ETL knew one another well and buck repeatedly got stuck into Nuto due to his own dislike of ETL. Nothing out of the norm there, ETL has a healthy hate club but then to join Omega smelled a little. That ended with ETL being enlightened by Nuto not that long ago of true feeling towards him."

but we were both stumped as to why Robe was there. Possibly because she knew us in the flesh and thus must be evil by association? Besides, Robe was the thorn in Omega's side for a while, why not make her an unfounded target of a rant.
At that time Lou was aware as we chatted about it.
MSN wrote:5/08/2007 4:08:25 PM The Deity: He said he talked to our mutual friends, EG anyone who knows him and me and says they all dislike what I have become and that I should break up with Jess fo rthe good of the group
Diamond Dust: Well if I am one of those mutual friends he tells lies.
Diamond Dust: I told him he's paranoid.
Diamond Dust: And that if there was ever such a thing as love, then that'd be a good reason for not getting as much attention as before. :P
The Deity: Let him moan. It shouldn't be too long before he has to realise what a crock of **Filtered** this is.
Diamond Dust: It is, and seriously, don't feel pressurred by that **Filtered** about splitting up with Jess. She's substance after all. The rest is online horse **Filtered**.
Diamond Dust: Well, I say horse **Filtered**, I'm your friend, as should Buck be, but you get the picture.
The Deity: You needn't worry :D I'm not going to drop a girlfriend because a mutal friend of myself and her has had a falling out with her.
Diamond Dust: :)
Diamond Dust: He'll come round when he realises he's being a **Filtered**.
The Deity: Let's hope so.

Anyway things got worse with veiled suggestion that Nuto and I should break up for the good of the team (Which the Mrs didn't tale to kindly to at all...) until it culminated in buck attempting to apologize without actually apologizing (If you get my drift. Like how a politician apologises.) to us saying that what he did was wrong and that it was heat of the moment.
As such the previous general section post about Lou, Winter Wolf and I declaring war on him for joining Omega, that he needed to vent publicly was also spur of the moment but he doesn't learn and that he's a bad person and... yadda yadda yadda. It ended with me telling buck that when he had had a long hard think about things he could get back to me. I’m still waiting...

The next part of the story is where Homer, Balor and Quickshot enter in which mainly occurred on IRC. Things between Nuto and buck were still going, the Geisha banning on the forums occurred and Balor and Nuto had recently had a falling out so Balor was keen to assert that Nuto had a long standing "thing" for him and decided to put MSN conversations on display. Quickshot started the ball rolling with a post on the forums and it spilled over into IRC where Balor saw fit to publish the aforementioned MSN material. He said that Quickshot disliked Nuto for a while now due to something and that's why he was posting in Balor's favour and it wasn't him who got him to post on the forum.
Meanwhile buck and Balor have banded together and liked showing it on the forums.
As for Homer, Nuto and Homer used to get along well until the whole thing about Apollo going after younger lads in IRC came out, or tried to and Homer suppressed information to protect himself. They never saw eye to eye after that. The full story on that is lurking somewhere if you're keen. It's nice to know who you're dealing with.

The most recent contributor to this was a conversation Louis and Winter Wolf had concerning massing me. I thought it was a joke when Lou asked me for my defence but Winter wolf informed me that despite Lou's dismissal of it in his post in this thread the MSN conversation where it was discussed seemed legit. WW can post that if he wishes, it's up to him.

Anyway last night Louis and Nuto had a chat and Lou got quite heated saying some rather florid things. This morning prior to leaving for Uni he popped online again and we had a chat and I believe I straightened out what he thought was our intentions regarding this whole debacle.
The concise version, as you lot are probably bleeding from the eyes by now, is that this topic was started on the ground that "A person was made a Mod because of someone they knew and not because of a selection process." It did not matter who the person was, it was still wrong and in the face of the forum's outcry not long before about Mods and election and kickbacks and you know the rest.
The problem was that Nuto, myself, buck, Louis and even Winter Wolf have history. From the beginning Lou was under the impression that it was all directed at him because it was him. So personal stuff got brought up and that fuelled things further so it went from a "A mod should be elected not chosen with the buddy system" which is what happen as Lou pointed out:
[quote=Diamond Dust/Louis]Sometimes, it’s not about what you know, but who.[/quote]
to throwing stuff back and forth between Nuto and buck."

The point still stands, a Mod elected a new mod without not only a vote but also without going through Pookie.

buck wrote:You do realise there are exactly 3 (perhaps 4 of us) who run the day to day modding of some 7000 members,

buck wrote:Mine precious reply to everything nuto just said...

So the vote there is proof enough? You have 39 and you say you moderate for 7000 people which means that 0.56% of people believe you are doing a good job. The other 98.37% of the people you mod either disagree that the global mods presented are good or don't give a rats arse.
Good luck with that proof in court...
But in all fairness only 5000 of those 7700 have actually posted with only 2300 having 10 or more posts so only 95.04% of semi-active people don't like the global mods on offer in that poll or don't care.
But at least you know only have to really Mod a third of what you said so that's a bonus.

Anyway! Enough of my ranting, I hope you have enjoyed the extra information you have got folks. As Spacey likes to say "Have a closer look"
Last edited by The Deity on Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:18 am, edited 3 times in total.
Apollo
Goa'uld Temptress
Race: Railway Stakes
ID: 1337

As for Homer, Nuto and Homer used to get along well until the whole thing about Apollo going after younger lads in IRC came out, or tried to and Homer suppressed information to protect himself.

I love how that's involved in this diatribe. *Yawn* If you want to dig up bulldust from 18 months ago, make sure it's relevant to the subject at hand.

:roll:
The Goa'uld Temptress has returned.
Rienna
Really Rienna :p
Alliance: T I T α N S
Race: Tollen
ID: 91926
Alternate name(s): La Reine Du Chaos

Apollo wrote:
As for Homer, Nuto and Homer used to get along well until the whole thing about Apollo going after younger lads in IRC came out, or tried to and Homer suppressed information to protect himself.

I love how that's involved in this diatribe. *Yawn* If you want to dig up bulldust from 18 months ago, make sure it's relevant to the subject at hand.

I too am wondering how that is relevant in any way shape or form to the present discussion. I believe it is something better left unmentioned, as that is a fight that was never proven and the forums could do without it being brought back again.
The Deity
Forum Regular
Location: Alas, Now I'm A Little Further Away From The Sun, But I'm Closer To The Warmth

Apollo wrote:

homer1475 wrote:Nuto has allways been a cause of problems ...she likes to cause issues with people and will often take the side of the opposing action just so she can be combative. that nuto live with it and you of all people should know this by now buck.

That's why it was relevant. Nothing personal, I just got asked what homer had to do with it and who homer was. I gave reasons why other's were against Nuto so I did the same here. Just being thorough.

Do you wish to comment about any other sections you found lacking relevance?
Quina Quen
Forum Addict
Alternate name(s): Diamond Dust

SHENANIGANS.

Moral of the story kids - Don't take the internet too seriously, it'll only cause you a headache. Well, The Deity's larger than life posts will anyway.
The ascended entity formerly known as Diamond Dust
buck
The Main Event

Honours and Awards

Deity, Etc whine whine.

Il pick up on 2 of your points, I joined omega because KGC and RahL kept telling me too, Not because of etl, over the past 3 months i can say, that my feelings towards the fellow have changed, Yes i had a fond dislike for him, Just like most people, But havent seen a completely different side too him recently (e.g. the caring side, he does have one!) i can say hes not so badda chap. But nice attept at stiring.

As for the 98.7% or whatever it is you worked out of people who need to vote, if that IS your concern, then we definatly need to wait for every single one of them to vote for each mod appointment, You ok with that? Could take a while...

The rest of your post, well its pretty much just trying to defend everything nuto said and in general push your knife firther into my back, oh dear, what a shame.... :roll:

It really is an adorable post ste, shame about the content.
Spoiler
2006 -
Poster of the Year
2007 -
2008-
Hall of Fame
2009-
2010-

Noteworthy alliances-
Omega
Mayhem
Radical Minority
Nemesis Sect
Warlords of Briton

Previous affiliations-
TL
Ricos
DDE
The Tok'ra
The OOC
The SLA

Code:
The Deity
Forum Regular

buck wrote:Deity, Etc whine whine.

Il pick up on 2 of your points, I joined omega because KGC and RahL kept telling me too, Not because of etl, over the past 3 months i can say, that my feelings towards the fellow have changed, Yes i had a fond dislike for him, Just like most people, But havent seen a completely different side too him recently (e.g. the caring side, he does have one!) i can say hes not so badda chap. But nice attept at stiring.

As for the 98.7% or whatever it is you worked out of people who need to vote, if that IS your concern, then we definatly need to wait for every single one of them to vote for each mod appointment, You ok with that? Could take a while...

The rest of your post, well its pretty much just trying to defend everything nuto said and in general push your knife firther into my back, oh dear, what a shame.... :roll:

It really is an adorable post ste, shame about the content.

Whine? Well when in Rome....
Funny that whining at UQ has taken on a new euphemism.

I don't recall saying you joined because of ETL but nice attempted sidetrack. Oh and I also recall you using some rather colorful terms for him just before we stopped talking so there goes that. ETL can PM me if he wants that aired but odds are he'll cop a few from me in it too but so be it.

The vote percentage? Oh please. [sarcasm]Yes I was absolutely serious[/sarcasm] just in case you missed it last time. The reason I took the 7 minutes to work that out? Because you seemed to think saying 7000 forums users would bolster your defence.

And yes, I was defending her seeming as though this post was an attack on her and not the system she suggested then it seems logical that anyone posting supporting her side would include some substance in their posts to help her cause and attack yours. As for the knife, you we more then able to impale yourself and then backed into a wall with your last "Who my real friends are" thread in general. I can't reach your back buck, you're too busy going for ours.

Your attempt at a riposte was cute phi, shame about the lack of substance.
buck
The Main Event

Honours and Awards

lol, well we're supposed to be talkign on msn atm ( give me a min on that ) .

As for this thread, not wanting to carry on fighting, because its not worth, you think one thing and i know the other, but i understand why you think that , this thread had nothing to do with nuto when i first posted it, She needs to get over herself if she thinks it was.
Spoiler
2006 -
Poster of the Year
2007 -
2008-
Hall of Fame
2009-
2010-

Noteworthy alliances-
Omega
Mayhem
Radical Minority
Nemesis Sect
Warlords of Briton

Previous affiliations-
TL
Ricos
DDE
The Tok'ra
The OOC
The SLA

Code:

Return to “Forum & Mod Feedback”