And to the admins...

Want to address a Forum Mod directly? Here you go...
If you want a SPECIFIC mod, use PM, but for any mod, this is the quickest place...
goodie
Forum Expert
ID: 0

And to the admins...

Your deleting all user posts rather fails... the topics are still bumped.

Now, may i ask what rule was broken to deserve this banning and deleting of all posts?

We all know (s)he shouldn't of done that, but the problem is that there is no rule against it...

Making it up as you go along is what got you into the mess of having the comunity against you...

-Goodie
~Zekk~
Forum Addict
Alliance: Universal Consciousness
Race: Magi
ID: 616

Re: And to the admins...

Jack wrote:What are you talking about Goodie? :?

the posts that were seemingly randomly deleted in "Jason"s threads?

~Zeke~
Image--by Miko Miko, for KonataChan, of animesuke. *borrows without permission, but with credits* ~_^

Anyone Play Go?
Omoc wrote:
S*rew the equality!

I LOVE WHEN MY GIRLFRIEND DOMINATES ME! :lol: :lol: :lol:
goodie
Forum Expert

And yet the example in the rules does not cover this.

Also, at least one thread was locked saying that bumping an old thread was a no no, which is not in the rules....

*sigh*

AND 2 posts from this thread at least have disapeared, which means i have to make another post asking why. I think ill do that after work.

As i said in my opening post, while we know it shouldnt be done, there is no rule against it.

-Goodie
Forum Administrator

goodie wrote:Your deleting all user posts rather fails... the topics are still bumped.

Now, may i ask what rule was broken to deserve this banning and deleting of all posts?

We all know (s)he shouldn't of done that, but the problem is that there is no rule against it...

Making it up as you go along is what got you into the mess of having the comunity against you...

-Goodie

It was thread necromancy and therefore spam. All those topics were months old. I noticed afterwards that it still has them bumped up.

FA
Forum Administrator

My answer to that is: thread necromancy IS spamming and IS therefore against the rules.

I don't know about the two posts that disappeared in this thread. I'll check the mod logs.

EDIT: The mod logs indicate that only one post was deleted from this thread and that it was deleted by its own author.
Forum Administrator

Lemme quote the rules, then.

NOTE: These rules are guidelines. It is the spirit of these rules that must be followed, and not the technicalities of the wording.

goodie wrote:And yet the example in the rules does not cover this.

That said, even if wording was as relevant as in law, examples are just that: EXAMPLES and do not define spam as a whole. Let me quote the rule page again.

NOTE: These rules are guidelines. It is the spirit of these rules that must be followed, and not the technicalities of the wording.

This means that people are expected to have a bit of common sense. Common sense has never been as common as its name would suggest, but this is bordering on ridiculous.

FA
Tauriman77
Forum Intermediate

and the person that deleted his own post was me, i was gonna say something, but decided not to get caught up in all this, i think the mods do a great job on the forums, and that they handled the last situation fast and right.
killtacular
Forum Addict

wait one minute I don't have a problem with anything done but if your going to take a rule and have a judgement call on how its supposed to be worded I would hope that the judgement call will be the same each and everytime. Not today I think it reads this way and oh tomorrow I dont like what this is I think it reads this way. and ta dah you have a biased person.
Forum Administrator

When a user has 100% of his or her 26 some posts as spam, most of which is bumping ancient threads as well, it's not much of a judgement call.
[SGC_ReplicÅtors]
Forum Addict

Pookie wrote:My answer to that is: thread necromancy IS spamming and IS therefore against the rules.

How is it spamming to reply, in a legitimate manner, to an old thread ?

The one reply I read in one of the necromanced threads seemed completly propper. But it was deleted before I could reply.

Pookie wrote:EDIT: The mod logs indicate that only one post was deleted from this thread and that it was deleted by its own author.

If the account itself was deleted, as seems to be the case as EVERY thread is gone, then the posts would simply vanish.

Thats sloppy AND lazy work right there admin, spam or not, we have a right to see those posts, especily since some of the inital ones posted DID raise some intersting issues, as well as being quite amusing......... I seem to remember robinindahood refering to one as the 'funniest thread ever'.

Yet that threds 'funniest ever' content was deleted............

Like I said, real lazy admin work.

Sloppy too.
System Lord Nephthys
Forum Irregular
Race: Goa'uld Queen

The Ironic thing about necromancy is that if you were to start a new thread about exactly the same thing you would be called a spammer just the same.

^--- Tru Storie!

~Neph
So Congratulations I Have Arrived I'm Nephthys and Im Shining So Bright!
GhostyGoo wrote:If you want phone sex key 555-SAD-7685

Gò.Óº°°

Return to “Talk to the Mods Direct”