Stop the stupid AT rates lol!!

A place to discuss 'Market Stuff'

Moderator: Market Mods

Who's for lowering AT prices to a decent & acceptable level?

Me
68%
Not Me
32%

Total votes: 77
blinko
Fledgling Forumer
Race: System Lord
ID: 72620

Re: Stop the stupid AT rates lol!!

i buy at 80uu/1.. i dont think i would go any higher... increase how many At's you get per turn. :)
Blinko
Norbe
Forum Elder
Alliance: TÅ Åtlantis Expedition
ID: 37481

I cant even afford to pay those rates :S
Albert Einstein:"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
Master Splinter:"The moral high ground...the best place to sight your artillery"
Bull-E
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: Dominium ex Malus
Race: replicante
ID: 63551

**Filtered** free markets

NOTHING WRONG WITH PRICE FIXING!!!!!!
RobinInDaHood wrote:When a mosquito bites you on the arm, you might look down and say "Ouch!". For a moment the mosquito has the satisfaction of knowing he was successful, he was the man, and this was his time in the spotlight. Then he gets squashed.

Same situation here. ;)
Bull-E
Forum Intermediate

Lucky Starr wrote:
repli**cator wrote:zomg now i even see someone buying AT 100:1...

Let them...

u sound like an inflater

im not in the best mood, too bad im in perg or massing i would go, see how u like the prices :evil: :roll:
RobinInDaHood wrote:When a mosquito bites you on the arm, you might look down and say "Ouch!". For a moment the mosquito has the satisfaction of knowing he was successful, he was the man, and this was his time in the spotlight. Then he gets squashed.

Same situation here. ;)
Sphinx42
Goa'uld
ID: 0

Bull-E wrote:
Lucky Starr wrote:

Let them...

u sound like an inflater

im not in the best mood, too bad im in perg or massing i would go, see how u like the prices :evil: :roll:

And you sound like someone who needs to think more before posting, pal...
As it happens, I (still) have the lowest prices on the AT market, which is, I believe, the opposite from being an inflater.
And I'd love to see how you mass someone on PPT ;)
Gone, left, no longer here.
Reaperman
Forum Intermediate

Lucky Starr wrote:
Bull-E wrote:
Lucky Starr wrote:

Let them...

u sound like an inflater

And you sound like someone who needs to think more before posting, pal...
As it happens, I (still) have the lowest prices on the AT market, which is, I believe, the opposite from being an inflater.
And I'd love to see how you mass someone on PPT ;)

If you gentlemen want to have a go at each other please do it in PM and not in a market discussion. If your opinions differ there are much better ways to communicate this.
market mod speaking
High Empty
Forum Addict
Alliance: Omega
Race: God's Left Hand
ID: 102803

lol prices could go upto 1000 to 1, and it wouldn't really be a problem.
"Adversity has the effect of eliciting talents, which in prosperous circumstances would have lain dormant."
"Shut Up Features" -Replijake
Bullseye
Forum Expert
Alternate name(s): *Bullseye

I cant see the prices going down to be honest, specially not with all the wars going on.
If someone says they will buy at 80bill/k, someone will try to bet it by saying i will buy at 82bill/k, then you get a chain reaction. Ive seen ppl buying at 85bill now and im sure it will hit 90bill within 2 weeks and continue to rise if ppl are happy to pay it.

Incomes are rising so costs of resourses will.
Unimatrix881
Fledgling Forumer
ID: 97472

Keep in mind also that although the turn prices are increasing, raid targets have more and more UU out. Back just when it was 70bil/k, I would stop raiding below 80k UU. Now at 80bil/k, I stop raiding below 100k UU, and I still find enough raid targets to go through at least about 10k ATs/day on average.
General Disorder
Forum Expert
Race: Ancient

Yes while the prices right now really benefit the larger players it is really hindering us smaller ones. While we do all the hard work to supply UU's to people it makes it extremely hard for us to grow so we can be at your level. I was raiding over 2mill UU/ week and am on strike at the moment I refuse to contribute to the bigger players growth with my sweat and blood. I will buy my own AT's and raid my own UU's and not put anything back into the market till we can keep more than 35k UU out of 150k raided. Sure I can be pickier about my targets but that just means more work for me just so someone that doesn't need to grow as much can grow more.
Bull-E
Forum Intermediate

looks like hte price fell to 75 bil :-D

Same situation here. ;)
General Disorder
Forum Expert
Race: Ancient

You guys know there are other ways to make a living like farming active players for naq. I think I am gonna switch to that real soon and I know I haven't set peace to morons selling AT at 80 bill or 120k uu/1k AT. More naq farmers means more chances for you getting hit. Be smart about it.
Borek
Forum Addict

Apophis The Great wrote:Solution is in my suggestion list.
Add 10, 15, 20, 25, 50x multipliers in ingame market and boom! Demand in BM will go downhill pretty fast! Believe me!!

Until the market runs out and has to be reset every other week, usually screwing up completely for the few hrs beforehand like it used to.

If you can't afford the rates then obviously you are not farming for enough naq or raiding for enough UU's per hit. The rate is always going to go up, more naq and UU's in game means higher cost for AT's. Those who say the price is down to wars are incorrect, just wait and i will be proved right, prices don't go down after a war, if you're lucky they stay the same for a few weeks, but as soon as a war finishes then a lot of people involved want to raid to recover losses, which means more demand, which keeps the prices high.
Edmund Blackadder-"The path of my Life is beset with Cowpats from the Devils own satanic herd!"
Reaperman
Forum Intermediate

It's simply not possible to remove the black market from gameplay.

The black market was created as soon as players where able to transfer recourses and was created because there was NO ingame market. also think of the consequences, you could no longer be able to help your officers or your alliance mates.

I think the only solution is to simply not buy them if you dont like the rates and that will then force the sellers to lower their prices.

Of course, you would need to get the entire server to do the same :P

you could get rid of the ingame market but all that would do is push up the prices on the black market.

Guess we are stuck with it :D
market mod speaking
Sphinx42
Goa'uld

Hey, look, the prices just went through my roof...
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Gone, left, no longer here.

Return to “Market Discussion”