Favourite quotes?

A place general forum talk, not related to ingame discussions.

Moderator: Misc Mods

21again
Forum Newbie
ID: 0

Re: Favourite quotes?

Post by 21again » Tue May 01, 2012 3:01 pm

you cannot fill a glass that is already full

blue woman in avatar

boxer

Gaius
Tok'ra Researcher

Post by Gaius » Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:44 pm

My favorite color is blue. No, yelloo-...

harchester
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Ricos Roughnecks

Post by harchester » Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:55 am

"I used to live in a room full of mirrors; all I could see was me. I take my spirit and I crash my mirrors, now the whole world is here for me to see"

"We must be the Change we wish to see in the world"

"Could be you’re here because you’re good with words and know the right thing to say at the right time. I know the words to Candle in the Wind. It don't make me Elton John."

"Once a things Being done it's being done So why this nostalgy ?, You know looking back with his inspiration and copying the past, How can that be good ?
Do something on your own Start something new Live your life now
You know what I mean??"

"When King Lear dies in Act V, do you know what Shakespeare has written? He's written "He dies." That's all, nothing more. No fanfare, no metaphor, no brilliant final words. The culmination of the most influential work of dramatic literature is "He dies." It takes Shakespeare, a genius, to come up with "He dies." And yet every time I read those two words, I find myself overwhelmed with dysphoria. And I know it's only natural to be sad, but not because of the words "He dies." but because of the life we saw prior to the words."

''You know that you are in love when the hardest thing to do is say good-bye!!''

"When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won.
There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall.
Think of it"

"You only live twice - Once when you're born, and once when you look death in the face"
An important lesson for life

“The teacher placed an empty jar on the desk. He proceeded to fill up the jar with golf balls until he could fit no more. He looked at the classroom and asked his students if they agree that the jar is full. Every student agreed that the jar was indeed full.
The teacher then picked up a box of small pebbles and poured them into the jar with the golf balls. The pebbles filled all of the openings in between the golf balls. He asked the students if the jar was full. Once again, they agreed.
Now the teacher picked up a bag of sand and poured it into the mason jar. The sand filled in all of the empty space left between the golf balls and pebbles. He asked the class again if the jar was full. The students agreed it was technically full.
Finally, the teacher pulled out two beers from under his desk and poured both of them into the jar filling the empty space between the sand. Now the students began to laugh wondering how far this was going.
The teacher waited until the laughter stopped. "I want you to recognize that this jar represents your life," he started. "The golf balls represent the important things. Your family, children, health, friends, and passions. If everything else was lost and only they remained, your life would still be full.
The pebbles represent the other things in life that matter, such as your job, house and car. The sand---that is everything else. The small stuff. If you put the sand in first, there is no room for the pebbles or golf balls.
The same goes for life. If you spend all of your time and energy on the small stuff, you will never have room for the things that are most important. Pay attention to the important things in your life.
Enjoy time with family. Go to dinner with your spouse. Play games with your kids. There will ALWAYS be time to clean the house or take yourself shopping.
Take care of the golf balls first---the things that really matter. The rest is just sand. You are dismissed."
Before the students left, one shouted out. "You never mentioned what the beer represents!"

The professor smiled and said, "Well I'm glad you asked. The beer just shows you that no matter how full your life may seem, there's always room to have a beer with a friend."

Gaius
Tok'ra Researcher

Post by Gaius » Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:31 am

"But.. why is the rum gone?!" - Most intelligent thing said by Jack Sparrow
"I'm gonna call mom. And I won't use the banana this time." - Random cartoon character.
"Always bring a banana to a party." - Doctor Who

Be4utiful_De4th
Forum Irregular
ID: 1971053

Post by Be4utiful_De4th » Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:21 am

Before you get mad at a man, walk a mile in his shoes. then? who cares. he is a mile away, and you have his shoes!

Navy
Forum Irregular
Alternate name(s): Gordy

Post by Navy » Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:43 pm

"God invented whisky to keep the Irish from taking over the world"--No clue

"To have peace you must be prepared for war"--hell if I know

"I'm drunk, so what I say goes"--Navy

ƒëmmë
Forum Elite
Alternate name(s): ƒëmmë ƒatalë
temptress
cleo_catra

Post by ƒëmmë » Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:50 pm

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn
Is just to love and be loved in return"
Nat King Cole
To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence;
supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
-Sun Tzu, the Art of War
31/07/2012 6:13:16 AM Hope Light ID's mean nothing imo if you can back yourself up.
31/07/2012 6:13:22 AM Hope Light only **Filtered** hide them.
Be careful who you trust, even the devil was once an angel
veritas vos liberabit
Forums own rules | +
viewtopic.php?f=71&t=196101&p=2510387#p2510387
[spoiler]Section Admins - who will be 'in charge' of the section in question. They will be responsible for the overall feel of the section, the setup/structure, and most importantly the community/users in the section. This will incorporate the old 'ombudsman' role. And insofar as the Section Admin is responsible for the users, they are also responsible for the high level mod behaviour towards the users.
So -as a user - if you have an issue with how you are treated, rules, bans, whatever --goto the section admin... They are there for you!

There is no 'reporting structure' in this setup -- tech, mod, and section admins are all on equal footing, each with their own (somewhat overlapping) responsibilities.
Mods report directly to the mod admin, and indirectly to the section admin for the section in which they mod.[/spoiler]

eathen
Forum Newbie

Post by eathen » Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:29 pm

"people should not be afraid of their governments, governments should be afraid of their people" v

Mental
Forum Elite
Alliance: [ THE DARK DOMINIUM™]
Race: ~Da Bait~
ID: 55247
Alternate name(s): Melting Pot of Friendship.

Post by Mental » Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:44 pm

"If you are first you are first. If you are second, you are nothing."

[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]
[14:42:10] The Anti Christ: Now I know what harch feels like
[20:15:16] Duderanch: Ben filled me up :P
[14:14] CC Leader: harriet harmon is a freak in bed
[01:42:08] The Anti Christ: Mental is my hero, I wish I was more like him

Teddy Small Finger
Forum Newbie
ID: 1995087

Post by Teddy Small Finger » Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:30 pm

Go hawks

Cleo
Forum Regular
Alternate name(s): CleoCatra, Temptress, Femme Fatale, Nyx,

Post by Cleo » Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:40 am

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true;
the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
― Søren Kierkegaard

No one is more hated, than they that speak the truth ~Plato
SGW player since 11 Oct 2005 memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=5707

Cleo
Forum Regular
Alternate name(s): CleoCatra, Temptress, Femme Fatale, Nyx,

Post by Cleo » Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:05 am

When they say they are an open book, you can bet its a fictional novel.
“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true;
the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
― Søren Kierkegaard

No one is more hated, than they that speak the truth ~Plato
SGW player since 11 Oct 2005 memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=5707

Return to “This, That Those and Them”