Computer help

A place general forum talk, not related to ingame discussions.
EbilCC
Forum Addict
ID: 0

Computer help

Hi i always have this problem when get computer fixed the guys who fix it never put the right drivers inthe shops closed today i got home early.

what happens after i type abit it goes back like 20 spaces for eg and types over words making a mess. it also when scroll down goes back to top so have to go down with the down button to type rather annoying.

i was ttold before its the drivers. I have a packard bell I thought i downloaded the updated drivers but still not working. could it be something else? if so wat and were would i down load it?v

I have vista

SJ MENTAL "I have no idea why they would ban you cc you add so much to the community at large"

[9:28:51 PM] robert_paul97: cc is the best

Teesdale: ive been farming all day and havent repaired MS
so CCs little cant blew through my shields (worry)
Quina Quen
Forum Addict
Alternate name(s): Diamond Dust

Re: Computer help

Try cleaning your keyboard! :smt081
The ascended entity formerly known as Diamond Dust
Drought
Forum Expert

sounds like mouse spasms
a very bad hairdo
ƒëmmë
Forum Elite
Alternate name(s): ƒëmmë ƒatalë
temptress
cleo_catra

General Riviera wrote:Try cleaning your keyboard! :smt081

was going to say that.. sounds like a stuck key.. and see if overwrite key has been checked ..
To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence;
supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
-Sun Tzu, the Art of War
31/07/2012 6:13:16 AM Hope Light ID's mean nothing imo if you can back yourself up.
31/07/2012 6:13:22 AM Hope Light only **Filtered** hide them.
Be careful who you trust, even the devil was once an angel
veritas vos liberabit
Forums own rules
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 7#p2510387
Spoiler
Section Admins - who will be 'in charge' of the section in question. They will be responsible for the overall feel of the section, the setup/structure, and most importantly the community/users in the section. This will incorporate the old 'ombudsman' role. And insofar as the Section Admin is responsible for the users, they are also responsible for the high level mod behaviour towards the users.
So -as a user - if you have an issue with how you are treated, rules, bans, whatever --goto the section admin... They are there for you!

There is no 'reporting structure' in this setup -- tech, mod, and section admins are all on equal footing, each with their own (somewhat overlapping) responsibilities.
Mods report directly to the mod admin, and indirectly to the section admin for the section in which they mod.
Jack
Evil Reincarnated
Alliance: The Empire
Race: Dragonborn
ID: 6475

Split all of the useless crap. If you're going to post advice, then offer something far more useful than "buy a new computer/OS.' If you have a problem with the system he uses, then take it up in another topic. Do not spam this with your worthless opinions about the quality of a particular product.

You have been warned.
Ya'll acting like you know what monster is
Me have 25 years in the monster biz
All monsters think you can fuss with this
Well you can talk to me Snuffleupagus
Me sneak into your house, me leave before dawn
Your daughters will be pregnant and your cookies will be gone
Malx wrote:Make kids not cancer!
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Alliance: Lucian Alliance
Race: Templar
ID: 7
Alternate name(s): Hrefna
Reitha

Honours and Awards

Looking at posts higher up here, we'd ask you how it messes up messages, is it any specific key or group of keys, or is there no pattern?

To see how things work, it might work for you to test by getting a different OS on a USB stick or a CD/DVD, to see whether error is still there. Such external OS things tend to get their own drivers, so that might show solution. Nice thing with some of those external OSes is that you can test-run without installing it. If such works and the problem is still there, then the problem is probably in the keyboard itself.

Oh, and we'd suggest trying to follow General Riviera's suggestion first, as it is far simpler to do.
"Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the gods, Browsers shall be changed to carry the internet out amongst the peoples and we will spread Firefox to all the unbelievers. The power of the Firefox will be felt far and wide and the wicked users of IE shall be converted to use the true browsers."

Curious about our color? Feel free to ask...
Quina Quen
Forum Addict
Alternate name(s): Diamond Dust

Some very good advise there Zeratul. Just another suggestion to add to the cleaning one though - try another keyboard entirely if possible. It could be something as simple as a defective keyboard as opposed to a dirty one. My computer has a terrible habit of rebooting from sleep mode the second it goes into it because of a dodgy space bar (which also causes long lines of spaces during typing occasionally). I live with it though, as it seldom happens.
The ascended entity formerly known as Diamond Dust
Drought
Forum Expert

is it a laptop or desktop ?
if its a laptop, check if your typing decently and not rubbing the mousepad
also, the mouse thing i said was not a joke
a defective keyboard does not select several characters of text and overwrites it with what you type
a spastic mouse on the other hand ... is able to select text and write over it withwhat you type

to check if all your hardware is installed, simple check the device manager to show hardware with no drivers, should be obvious from the list whats installed or not
a very bad hairdo
MEZZANINE
Forum Addict
Alliance: Forgotten Serenity
Race: System Lord
ID: 81691

The basics,

The keyboard

1) If it has a DIN connecter check none of the pins are bent out of shape

2) If it's a USB connecter, check if it's USB2 and make sure the USB port is a USB2, most PCs will have a couple of USB1 and a couple of USB2 ports, they run at different speeds, USB2 devices often run slow, dont run, or run with glitches if used in USB1 ports.

3) If it's a wireless keyboard, check the batteries and resync

4) Clean the keyboard with a un-used paintbrush and a gentle shake to get any crap out, Press each in order to see if they depress and rise back up equally with no resistance.

5) Is this keyboard made for use with Vista ? Vista keyboards have extra keys. If it is not a Vista keyboard forget the proper driver and try a generic driver for standard keyboards.

If problem persists look for common causes, type several times until the problem happens and check if it's a specific letter of combination of letters that cause it, also check the character count to see it a set number of key strokes cause it. Will at least give you a more specific problem to search by and save much time reading possible solution for other problems.

Spoiler
Attack Mercs Killed (30) 459,329,001
Defence Mercs Killed (10) 2,918,478,517
Attack Soldiers Killed(60) 12,677,958
Defence Soldiers Killed(20) 226,236,488
Attack Super Soldiers Killed(300) 490,627,262
Defence Super Soldiers Killed(100) 4,131,482,551
Spies Killed(50) 4,256,505,842
Spy Killers Killed(50) 651,022,448
Mothership Weapons Destroyed(300) 35,583,034
Mothership Shields Destroyed(300) 39,498,511
Mothership Fleets Destroyed(200) 2,413,254