Disney buys Star Wars

A place general forum talk, not related to ingame discussions.
semper
The sharp-tongued devil you can't seem to forget...
Race: God
ID: 0

Disney buys Star Wars

Yeap.

Today George sold it to Disney, or at least Lucasfilm and the ability to produce new films for a cool 4.05bill US. Disney have promised to make a new Star Wars film every two years starting in 2015.

Personally i'm incredibly upset about this. I enjoyed there being 6 films. I knew my way around them, I loved them and everything else that came with them. I'm terrible sceptical whether Disney can do the justice George failed to do and an expansion only means characters we love being moved to obscurity, canon overridden or forgotten.

I'm not sure.. I just don't know. Star Wars is a big thing to me and this has actually upset me like most people would be disturbed about losing a close relative.
Accolades/Titles:
Spoiler
Started Playing: April 2005
Honours (5): Hall of Fame 2009. Annual Awards Host 2008, 2009, 2013, 2014 and 2015.
Winner (12): RP'er of the Year 2008, Runner Up Poster of the Year 2008, Debater of the Year 2008, War of the Year 2008, Poster of the Year 2009, Alliance of the Year 2009 (Nemesis Sect, Creator), Alliance War of the Year 2009 (Nempire vs Mayhem, Instigator), RP'er Runner Up 2009, Knew You'd Be Back 2010, Conflict of the Decade (FUALL v TF), Conflict of the Decade Runner Up (Ga vs TF), Alliance of the Decade (TDD).
Nominated (8): Writer of the year 2007, Avatar of the Year 2007, Poster of the Year 2007, Villain of the Year 2008, Player Sig 2008, Race Player of the Year 2009, Most Missed 2010, Alliance Leadership 2010, Most Missed 2011.
Commands (3): Supreme System Lord 2008, 2010, 2011 and 2012. System Lord Council 2006 - present. Dark Lord and Emperor of the Nempire 2009 - 2011.
Alliances (9): DDE, EA, OSL, TFUR, DDEII, AI, RM, WoB, Nemesis.
Forum Roles (4): Former Misc GM, Race Mod (Goa'uld), Debate forum patriarch and mod.
Jim
Pony Princess
Alliance: MaYHeM
Race: Asgard
ID: 45162
Alternate name(s): Bucephalus
Kishin

Re: Disney buys Star Wars

Just imagine: Pirates of the Caribbean...IN SPACE!
Legendary Apophis
Forum History
Alliance: Generations
Race: System Lord
ID: 7889
Alternate name(s): Apophis the Great

You beat me to the posting of this information!
Spoiler

Incarnate - LG - LG1 - LG2 - LG3 - LG4 - AG - EAG ~ AGoL - Completed
Spoiler
<Dmonix> Damnit Jim how come every conversation with you always ends up discussing something deep and meaningful?
<Dmonix> We always end up discussing male/female differences or politics or football
<Dmonix> All the really important issues in life
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Please make films of the books about Jacen and such. :-D And the return of the Emperor.
Sylus
Fledgling Forumer
Race: Love Demon
ID: 1915552

I'm under the impression Disney acquired LucasArts, not just a license. So Indy is on the table as well.
Jack
Evil Reincarnated
Alliance: The Empire
Race: Dragonborn
ID: 6475

LucasArts has gone to hell in a handbasket full of **Filtered**. Pretty much anyone could run the company better than George Lucas.

Personally, though, I'd have rather seen it go to Warner Bros.

I want a Battlefront 3 and Disney ain't known for having quality shooter games. Warner Bros. ain't so bad. The FEAR games were pretty good and for the most part, WB has demonstrated intelligent management practices. Certainly far better than LucasArts.

Bunch a damn morons.
Ya'll acting like you know what monster is
Me have 25 years in the monster biz
All monsters think you can fuss with this
Well you can talk to me Snuffleupagus
Me sneak into your house, me leave before dawn
Your daughters will be pregnant and your cookies will be gone
Malx wrote:Make kids not cancer!
Jim
Pony Princess
Alliance: MaYHeM
Race: Asgard
ID: 45162
Alternate name(s): Bucephalus
Kishin

Dovahkiin wrote:
I want a Battlefront 3

MMM HMMM!
Legendary Apophis
Forum History
Alliance: Generations
Race: System Lord
ID: 7889
Alternate name(s): Apophis the Great

Warner Bros would have been a better choice indeed.
Spoiler

Incarnate - LG - LG1 - LG2 - LG3 - LG4 - AG - EAG ~ AGoL - Completed
Spoiler
<Dmonix> Damnit Jim how come every conversation with you always ends up discussing something deep and meaningful?
<Dmonix> We always end up discussing male/female differences or politics or football
<Dmonix> All the really important issues in life
GrizzZzzly
Furling
Alliance: Tauri Alliance
Race: Bear
ID: 29003

staring Zach Efron as Darth Malgus...
Spoiler
[TL]Brdavs says:
I reckon his mum gonna get him socks and stuff
time for me to step up :P
keep the childhood rolling
you know its over when you start getting underwear for christmas
I still tear up when I remember when my childhood ended like that
poof
one year legos
next year "brdavs, you`re 23 dont you think youre a bit old for legos now"
brutal I tell you
Spoiler
Mordack wrote:Personally, I am not a huge fan of life. I am of the general opinion that, from start to finish, it's painful and miserable; and that anybody that tells you differently is either trying to have sex with you or sell or you something.

Similarly, I believe that people in general are inherently flawed. Deep down, we are programmed to hurt one another; either physically or emotionally. People are naturally selfish and greedy; governed more by bestial urges than common sense or ethics. Society is a terrible thing, too. The more supposedly civilized we become, the more immorality and decadence become the main staple of our daily diet.

Before Lost concluded, my main flippant excuse for not killing myself was that I wanted to know how it ended. I will get back to you with a new one when I find it.
Spoiler
EPA BMMJ13 says:
:(
you should go eat
like 30 of them 32 oz steaks
Stanley says:
im stuffed right now
EPA BMMJ13 says:
store them in your cheeks for later
semper
The sharp-tongued devil you can't seem to forget...
Race: God

Juliette wrote:Please make films of the books about Jacen and such. :-D And the return of the Emperor.

Blasphemy! Non-Canon!

Luke never got married! The Emperor never came back! Fett died! George said it himself. They're awful stories anyway...

I'd imagine the best way to go with Episodes 7-9 would be to have the rebellion deal with the remnants of the empire as every man and his dog could realise that it would not just entirely collapse with the Emperor's death.. Palps may have been the empire and vice-versa but there were many Moffs and other imperial forces. I'd imagine the three films would focus on taking out Fondor and similar worlds and then moving onto retaking Courscant itself.
Accolades/Titles:
Spoiler
Started Playing: April 2005
Honours (5): Hall of Fame 2009. Annual Awards Host 2008, 2009, 2013, 2014 and 2015.
Winner (12): RP'er of the Year 2008, Runner Up Poster of the Year 2008, Debater of the Year 2008, War of the Year 2008, Poster of the Year 2009, Alliance of the Year 2009 (Nemesis Sect, Creator), Alliance War of the Year 2009 (Nempire vs Mayhem, Instigator), RP'er Runner Up 2009, Knew You'd Be Back 2010, Conflict of the Decade (FUALL v TF), Conflict of the Decade Runner Up (Ga vs TF), Alliance of the Decade (TDD).
Nominated (8): Writer of the year 2007, Avatar of the Year 2007, Poster of the Year 2007, Villain of the Year 2008, Player Sig 2008, Race Player of the Year 2009, Most Missed 2010, Alliance Leadership 2010, Most Missed 2011.
Commands (3): Supreme System Lord 2008, 2010, 2011 and 2012. System Lord Council 2006 - present. Dark Lord and Emperor of the Nempire 2009 - 2011.
Alliances (9): DDE, EA, OSL, TFUR, DDEII, AI, RM, WoB, Nemesis.
Forum Roles (4): Former Misc GM, Race Mod (Goa'uld), Debate forum patriarch and mod.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

Eärendil wrote:4 words.

Tim Burton

johnny depp
Oh.. and a warning: John Carter
doc holliday
Forum Elite
Alliance: Unnatural Selection

Jim wrote:Just imagine: Pirates of the Caribbean...IN SPACE!

:-D :-D :-D
Spoiler
Mathlord wrote:
doc holliday wrote:just don't come off ppt :smt071 :smt043
See what doc is really saying, is his six shooters tickle...until you die from it :D
Spoiler
prsko wrote:
SSG EnterTheLion wrote: As anyone who knows me knows, I never build up planets, if I steal a good one, so be it, but I never waste naq on a planet.
So that triple planet u bought was allready built up?
Or am I twisting your words like the rest?
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

Semper wrote:
Juliette wrote:Please make films of the books about Jacen and such. :-D And the return of the Emperor.

Blasphemy! Non-Canon!

Luke never got married! The Emperor never came back! Fett died! George said it himself. They're awful stories anyway...

I'd imagine the best way to go with Episodes 7-9 would be to have the rebellion deal with the remnants of the empire as every man and his dog could realise that it would not just entirely collapse with the Emperor's death.. Palps may have been the empire and vice-versa but there were many Moffs and other imperial forces. I'd imagine the three films would focus on taking out Fondor and similar worlds and then moving onto retaking Courscant itself.
Dull.. adn bad marketing. This is **Filtered** Disney.
Slim87R
Forum Expert

This is crap.
Sylus
Fledgling Forumer
Race: Love Demon
ID: 1915552

:)

Return to “This, That, Those, and Them”