Disney buys Star Wars

A place general forum talk, not related to ingame discussions.
Kjarkur
Spark of the Ori
Alliance: DDE - Leader
Race: System Lord
ID: 1909457
Alternate name(s): Kjarkur, JL, KJ

Re: Disney buys Star Wars

It will NEVER be good as the Lucas's films. Even suggesting that is an insult to human intelligence.

But there is hope... Disney has been able to do incredible films. But also some of the worst ones.

We wont know until 2015.

Part of me is upset, part of me glad that Star Wars isn't over.

-KJ
There are no men like me. There's only me.
General & Battle Moderator
- > SGW Hall of Fame
- > SGW's Hero of the Year
- > SGW's Villain of the year 2010->
- > SGW's Most Missed Player of the year 2011->
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

SuperSaiyan wrote:No more "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" out of vader etc.
That was realistic though. If I were to lose my wife and child(ren) I would be so incredibly pissed off, the destruction of the world would not suffice. :-D As is the case for everyone who cares about others. :D
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

SuperSaiyan wrote:
Juliette wrote:
SuperSaiyan wrote:No more "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" out of vader etc.
That was realistic though. If I were to lose my wife and child(ren) I would be so incredibly pissed off, the destruction of the world would not suffice. :-D As is the case for everyone who cares about others. :D

it was cheesy and completely ruined the movie.
Cheesy? Did you see the entire role of Han Solo? The stereotypical criminal Jabba the Hutt? And so on.. and so on.. yes, cheesy, ruin the movie? Meh, you are clearly not a fan anyway. :P :smt064
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

SuperSaiyan wrote:
Juliette wrote:
SuperSaiyan wrote:
Juliette wrote:

Cheesy? Did you see the entire role of Han Solo? The stereotypical criminal Jabba the Hutt? And so on.. and so on.. yes, cheesy, ruin the movie? Meh, you are clearly not a fan anyway. :P :smt064
You'll take note, I am not a fangirl of starwars.
Yes its awesome, but I don't throw my panties at mark hamill.
Yes, panties. I forgot to read beyond that now.
Kjarkur
Spark of the Ori
Alliance: DDE - Leader
ID: 1909457
Alternate name(s): Kjarkur, JL, KJ

SuperSaiyan wrote:
Juliette wrote:

If I were to loose my partner I would scream a lot higher then that. And be equally if not more pissed.

I agree with Jo, if you let that ruin that amazing film for ya your not a real fan. Sorry SS. :smt060

-KJ
There are no men like me. There's only me.
General & Battle Moderator
- > SGW Hall of Fame
- > SGW's Hero of the Year
- > SGW's Villain of the year 2010->
- > SGW's Most Missed Player of the year 2011->
Noobert
Sedin Triplet
Alliance: Mayhem
Race: A Canuck
ID: 57572

We'll see. I'm skeptical at best, but in a few years the technology will be even greater to amaze us old farts.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

Remember the first time we saw the Matrix? I keep hoping to see a movie that has that effect again.
Thought Avatar would bring it, but that fell short.. botched the introduction of 3D movies as far as I see. :)
Legendary Apophis
Forum History
Alliance: Generations
ID: 7889
Alternate name(s): Apophis the Great

Jar Jar Binks and the Ewoks altogether in Real3D= Pure Awesomeness!
+ Bring Jack Sparrow, Hulk, Iron Man, Indiana Jones, Prince of Persia, Hannah Montana and Mickey Mouse altogether in the same story and you will have the first movie to ever gross beyond $3bil! :-D Or not. :P
Last edited by Legendary Apophis on Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler

Incarnate - LG - LG1 - LG2 - LG3 - LG4 - AG - EAG ~ AGoL - Completed
Spoiler
<Dmonix> Damnit Jim how come every conversation with you always ends up discussing something deep and meaningful?
<Dmonix> We always end up discussing male/female differences or politics or football
<Dmonix> All the really important issues in life
Rudy Peña
Forum Addict
Alternate name(s): Wrath of Achilles

Spoiler
R0B3RT wrote: you are like my wife
you never loose :smt101
Spoiler
Field Marshall wrote:I don't think there is a single member ingame that could take on the lion at the moment. Not a single person...
I'm a brown nose. Sue me.
Angnoch
Dancing Shark God
Alliance: ~Leaf Village~
Race: Care Bear
ID: 1917273

Semper wrote:Averngers was a good film. I'll stand by that. Considering he had to meld five or six superstars into one credible film with a sustainable plot he did well indeed and it came out as a better film than three of the six SW films (Jedi, 1 and 2). No film is perfect by any means and yeah we can find issues... I mean why did Loki bother at all to go and manipulate the team rather than just surprise attacking them and crashing the ship. He'd have likely killed BW, HE and Stark before anything happened. Dark Knight rises fluffed its climax, RoTJ has teddy bears as the great and powerful Empires bane, Dark Knight often feels rushed and underuses Dent with a ton of not so subtle forshadowing, Transformers re-writes its canon every new film, Titanic was epicly sickening, Avatar was the recycled plot from about 20 different films... they've all got problems with plot, dialogue and beyond.. not a single one of them escapes some form of critique.

At the same time, lets put that in comparison to say Spiderman 3 which was bloated, awfully so or Iron Man 2 which missed the ball with its villains, or the recent use of KIngsley as a texan-asian villain in Iron Man 3. It's the director. Whedon knows fantasy, he loves sci-fi and is the geek answer to a lot of things... he's not infallible and was just a suggestion but he'd be better than most, save maybe JJ Abrams who has admitted he only took on Trek because it was the next best thing as he could not do any more Star Wars, which was his real love.

@Juliette. The only thing good to come out of post Endor EU was Thrawn, i'd take three films about him or KOTOR.. the rest of it is trash from the Solo twins to luke getting married to Kryt and one sith all the way to the Vong and Palpatines Clones/spirit transfer. So yeah, i'd take a less asian 'take things to the most ridiculous extreme' view of eps 7-9 any day of the week from people who know how to write films, not anime, books and comics which operate in an entirely different universe.

While I agree that there is a lot of bunk in the EU the Thrawn series is an absolutely incredible series, and the X-Wing books following the exploits of Rogue Squadron are also credible plot lines at least for a certain length of time amongst quite a few others that were written before the NJO pretty much everything after that I take as an alternate story line. Personally I would love to see some of the character that didn't get much air time in the original trilogy have a bigger role in the next couple movies. For example Admiral Ackbar and Wedge Antilles. **Filtered** the Jedi order all that is left is Luke and he is not the all-mighty god-jedi that he is made out to be in later books.
Spoiler
semper
The sharp-tongued devil you can't seem to forget...
Race: God
ID: 0

Well so far it's looking good. Jack informs me via Facebook that the guy who wrote Toy Story 3 is doing episode VII and lets face it TS3 was epic and it was not just a kids film, i'd put money on it alot of adults went into it and came out please too.

Mark Hamil, Carrie Fisher and Harrison Ford are all looking positive to return, although its not confirmed yet (but I hope they do, its the deal breaker for me when comes to embracing this new Star Wars).

The list of directors Disney is seeking is fairly impressive, but it does miss off JJ which annoys me as he's a dam good writer and director when it comes to sci-fi, i'd easily say comparable to Whedon.

@Ang. I missed rogue squadron off because the central characters were not the three above, we already know the film is going to focus back on them. Thrawn is the villain I want personally, he'd be excellent and a completely different type of villain for the SW universe as far as the films go. I reckon they'll find it hard to not use him, even if they're not basing the new films on Timophy Zahn's work, doesn't mean they wont create a new story line for Thrawn (how many times has Star Wars done that to the EU?). I'm sure Zahn will just be happy Thrawn is making it into the films.
Accolades/Titles:
Spoiler
Started Playing: April 2005
Honours (5): Hall of Fame 2009. Annual Awards Host 2008, 2009, 2013, 2014 and 2015.
Winner (12): RP'er of the Year 2008, Runner Up Poster of the Year 2008, Debater of the Year 2008, War of the Year 2008, Poster of the Year 2009, Alliance of the Year 2009 (Nemesis Sect, Creator), Alliance War of the Year 2009 (Nempire vs Mayhem, Instigator), RP'er Runner Up 2009, Knew You'd Be Back 2010, Conflict of the Decade (FUALL v TF), Conflict of the Decade Runner Up (Ga vs TF), Alliance of the Decade (TDD).
Nominated (8): Writer of the year 2007, Avatar of the Year 2007, Poster of the Year 2007, Villain of the Year 2008, Player Sig 2008, Race Player of the Year 2009, Most Missed 2010, Alliance Leadership 2010, Most Missed 2011.
Commands (3): Supreme System Lord 2008, 2010, 2011 and 2012. System Lord Council 2006 - present. Dark Lord and Emperor of the Nempire 2009 - 2011.
Alliances (9): DDE, EA, OSL, TFUR, DDEII, AI, RM, WoB, Nemesis.
Forum Roles (4): Former Misc GM, Race Mod (Goa'uld), Debate forum patriarch and mod.
Dmonix
Count Duckula
Alliance: MaYHeM
Race: Scouse
ID: 21000

Been behind it since the first time I read it. I know there's huge possibility of ruining it but looking at the change in ownership it can only be a good thing considering George Lucas never wanted to make Star Wars in the first place and hated the series the entire time he owned it.

Disney at least will have a bunch of Sci-Fi nerds that actually care about the franchise and not about exploiting it for maximum possible profit (Not the top level management obviously but hopefully enough important people).

Here's a video to give you an idea of what Lucas originally wanted to do but wasn't given permission to do.

[youtube]qnOL8Fx3Tvc[/youtube]

Spoiler
Kikaz wrote:Thanks to:
MaYHeM - You guys were the closest thing I've found to family in this game, thanks for giving me a chance and eventually being crazy enough to vote me onto your high council and eventually let me lead you for several months. I had a blast with you guys.
semper
The sharp-tongued devil you can't seem to forget...
Race: God
ID: 0

The nerds being behind it is an incredibly sharp double edged sword. For example look at the post Endor EU which comes from that exact source. Ridiculous, the proportions are outrageous, the story-lines demolish established official canon and everyone and their dad can do super things that Anakin, the number one uber chosen one could NOT do.

There is the middle ground, the rare good points (such as the aforementioned Thrawn).

On the other hand, a sensible nerd behind the scenes might create a balanced film that is honest to the original saga without going Japanese anime on us.
Accolades/Titles:
Spoiler
Started Playing: April 2005
Honours (5): Hall of Fame 2009. Annual Awards Host 2008, 2009, 2013, 2014 and 2015.
Winner (12): RP'er of the Year 2008, Runner Up Poster of the Year 2008, Debater of the Year 2008, War of the Year 2008, Poster of the Year 2009, Alliance of the Year 2009 (Nemesis Sect, Creator), Alliance War of the Year 2009 (Nempire vs Mayhem, Instigator), RP'er Runner Up 2009, Knew You'd Be Back 2010, Conflict of the Decade (FUALL v TF), Conflict of the Decade Runner Up (Ga vs TF), Alliance of the Decade (TDD).
Nominated (8): Writer of the year 2007, Avatar of the Year 2007, Poster of the Year 2007, Villain of the Year 2008, Player Sig 2008, Race Player of the Year 2009, Most Missed 2010, Alliance Leadership 2010, Most Missed 2011.
Commands (3): Supreme System Lord 2008, 2010, 2011 and 2012. System Lord Council 2006 - present. Dark Lord and Emperor of the Nempire 2009 - 2011.
Alliances (9): DDE, EA, OSL, TFUR, DDEII, AI, RM, WoB, Nemesis.
Forum Roles (4): Former Misc GM, Race Mod (Goa'uld), Debate forum patriarch and mod.
Jack
Evil Reincarnated
Alliance: The Empire
Race: Dragonborn
ID: 6475

Anakin was a loser and a pathetic little insect compared to Revan.
Ya'll acting like you know what monster is
Me have 25 years in the monster biz
All monsters think you can fuss with this
Well you can talk to me Snuffleupagus
Me sneak into your house, me leave before dawn
Your daughters will be pregnant and your cookies will be gone
Malx wrote:Make kids not cancer!
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Alliance: Lucian Alliance
Race: Templar
ID: 7
Alternate name(s): Hrefna
Reitha

Honours and Awards

the problem with that is the second force unleashed story.
why any part of that is considered canon at all is a good question...

If the first is made, people will inevitably want the second one made.
"Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the gods, Browsers shall be changed to carry the internet out amongst the peoples and we will spread Firefox to all the unbelievers. The power of the Firefox will be felt far and wide and the wicked users of IE shall be converted to use the true browsers."

Curious about our color? Feel free to ask...

Return to “This, That, Those, and Them”