In Sci-Fi Movies/TV-series

A place general forum talk, not related to ingame discussions.
Kjarkur
Spark of the Ori
Alliance: DDE - Leader
Race: System Lord
ID: 1909457
Alternate name(s): Kjarkur, JL, KJ

In Sci-Fi Movies/TV-series

When the evil Sith Lord / Romulan / Goa'uld or any other type of evil leaders on Sci-fi say firmly "Prepare my ship for my arrival"

What do you think they do to prepare the ship? Since it's already in space it's probably ready as in operational. Most of time we've already seen it fly...

- Do they vacuum and mop the floor ?

- Do they hide the board-games they were playing while the boss was away?

... Spam away people ! What do you think they do?
There are no men like me. There's only me.
General & Battle Moderator
- > SGW Hall of Fame
- > SGW's Hero of the Year
- > SGW's Villain of the year 2010->
- > SGW's Most Missed Player of the year 2011->
Corran Horne
Knower of ducks
Alliance: & Leicester
Race: Cheltenham Gold Cup
ID: 314159265

Re: In Sci-Fi Movies/TV-series

Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

In the case of Sith Lords, 'preparing the ship' means 'prepare the men'. I.e. put everyone in their place, and have the excessive numbers of 'redshirts' stand aimlessly about my landing pad so that when the Epic Music plays, I will not look like a ridiculous idiot wandering through an empty hangar. You do realise this is why we made the hangars so massive. More people waiting for you, the more important you are.

Also, in the case of the Death Star II, it literally meant 'Get this **Filtered** operational before I board'. And since it was not mobile at the time (big chunk missing = hyperdrive), and dependent on a planet-side shield generator, 'getting it operational' basically meant 'get that big ass laser thingy lit up without showing anyone'.

In the case of the Executor, it meant 'Yeah, so, umm.. *breath-through-mask* I need you to prepare xx to die when I show up. *breath-through-mask* .. My usual statement of power. Get his 401k .. *breath-through-mask* .. to his family. *breath-through-mask* Ah, and find a replacement so I can blindly kill him.'
Dexter Morgan™
Forum Elite
Alliance: ~Dark Dominium~
Race: ~DDE~
ID: 8675309
Alternate name(s): theDEX,Stewie Griffin,Sylar,Dis Tra Tuat Harsesis,Dark Lunas,BANNED to keep my valid points out of the public sounds like MSNBC is running this forum

Juliette wrote:In the case of Sith Lords, 'preparing the ship' means 'prepare the men'. I.e. put everyone in their place, and have the excessive numbers of 'redshirts' stand aimlessly about my landing pad so that when the Epic Music plays, I will not look like a ridiculous idiot wandering through an empty hangar. You do realise this is why we made the hangars so massive. More people waiting for you, the more important you are.

Also, in the case of the Death Star II, it literally meant 'Get this **Filtered** operational before I board'. And since it was not mobile at the time (big chunk missing = hyperdrive), and dependent on a planet-side shield generator, 'getting it operational' basically meant 'get that big ass laser thingy lit up without showing anyone'.

In the case of the Executor, it meant 'Yeah, so, umm.. *breath-through-mask* I need you to prepare xx to die when I show up. *breath-through-mask* .. My usual statement of power. Get his 401k .. *breath-through-mask* .. to his family. *breath-through-mask* Ah, and find a replacement so I can blindly kill him.'

:smt043 =D>
Psyko
The Irresistible
ID: 0

Inertial dampeners and self-cleaning carpets are a wonderful thing. :-"
愛美
Section Admin of
General and the GC
Kjarkur
Spark of the Ori

Juliette wrote:In the case of Sith Lords, 'preparing the ship' means 'prepare the men'. I.e. put everyone in their place, and have the excessive numbers of 'redshirts' stand aimlessly about my landing pad so that when the Epic Music plays, I will not look like a ridiculous idiot wandering through an empty hangar. You do realise this is why we made the hangars so massive. More people waiting for you, the more important you are.

LOL !! :smt043

Psyko wrote:Inertial dampeners and self-cleaning carpets are a wonderful thing. :-"

Remind me to get me one of those.
- > SGW Hall of Fame
Slim87R
Forum Expert

Psyko wrote:Inertial dampeners and self-cleaning carpets are a wonderful thing. :-"

Self driven vacuums FTW!
Dexter Morgan™
Forum Elite
Alternate name(s): theDEX,Stewie Griffin,Sylar,Dis Tra Tuat Harsesis,Dark Lunas,BANNED to keep my valid points out of the public sounds like MSNBC is running this forum

Slim87R wrote:

Self driven vacuums FTW!

They are around 200-600 US dollars. :smt091
Corran Horne
Knower of ducks
Alliance: & Leicester
Race: Cheltenham Gold Cup
ID: 314159265

do you mean they're not already in their place? they should be perpetually in their places!!! they should always stand aimlessly about my landing pad!!! what if i pop in with an unannounced visit?!?!?!

Juliette wrote:Also, in the case of the Death Star II, it literally meant 'Get this **Filtered** operational before I board'. And since it was not mobile at the time (big chunk missing = hyperdrive), and dependent on a planet-side shield generator, 'getting it operational' basically meant 'get that big ass laser thingy lit up without showing anyone'.

yeah.. as all government initiatives... never on time, never within the budget...

Juliette wrote:In the case of the Executor, it meant 'Yeah, so, umm.. *breath-through-mask* I need you to prepare xx to die when I show up. *breath-through-mask* .. My usual statement of power. Get his 401k .. *breath-through-mask* .. to his family. *breath-through-mask* Ah, and find a replacement so I can blindly kill him.'

again, this should be always ready.. 24/7/365 like...
Ishmayeck
Forum Elder
Alliance: The Drunken Ones
Race: Russian
ID: 21616

In Apophis' case at least, it probably meant "prepare the harem".
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie
ID: 0

With all the gadgets they have they probably demolecularize stuff..As far as cleaning goes .ok thats just lazy.

"What I want to see is a tight knit group not a collection of people pulling in different directions"
Deni
Aisar Saqib
Forum Expert
Alliance: TF HC
Race: TF
ID: 1912374
Alternate name(s): ASJ, messenger of death,deadily knight,lord cyrus..

Preparing the ship always mean preparing the men i believe but there might be some who mop the floor :P

Most Slaughters: 70 by ASJ

Trade feedback:
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 8&t=191582

SGW awards and past sigs:
Spoiler
ImageImage
Kjarkur
Spark of the Ori

Could be a hint to the crew to prepare the set for inside the spaceship :smt036
- > SGW Hall of Fame
Dexter Morgan™
Forum Elite

Kjarkur wrote:Could be a hint to the crew to prepare the set for inside the spaceship :smt036

#-o
Fail KJ we all know it is REAL damn you REEEEAAAALLLLL!!!!!!! :smt091 :smt081
:smt025
Kjarkur
Spark of the Ori

You mean it's a reality show :-D
- > SGW Hall of Fame

Return to “This, That, Those, and Them”