Ransomeware virus "Computer blocked by department of justice

A place general forum talk, not related to ingame discussions.
Kikaz
For the Lulz
Alliance: Jötunheim
Race: Lulz
ID: 3471
Alternate name(s): Misery

Ransomeware virus "Computer blocked by department of justice

This is just a virus awareness topic.

Well since I was trying to stream a certain T.V. show that used to strongly relate to this game, I figure some of you will come accross this some time.

So anyway this popped up.

This is a scam, virus, whatever you do don't pay anything. lulz

Your computer has been suspended by the United States Department of Justice pay us $300 now to avoid criminal charges if not paid in 48 hours your computer will be consficated and you will face criminal charges.

Also it takes over your webcam and starts streaming your webcam showing you yourself lol

Your IP and location blah blah blah

Anyways to fix this IMMEDIATLEY TURN YOUR COMPUTER OFF WITH POWER BUTTON as soon as encountering the screen.

(The reason you immediately turn off computer is because it will spread if you don't and make it so you can't enter safe mode.)

Turn computer back on spam F8

Go into Safe Mode with networking.

Go to http://www.malwarebytes.org/

Download it and run it.

Your computer is now fixed.
Quotes
Meanwhile in MaYHeM
Duderanch wrote:And so it would come to pass, in December of 2012 the war between the ponies and the pandas broke out..it lasted 21 days, the result? Armagedon.
Noobert wrote:Kikaz scares me at times, and he's in my own alliance.
Dr. House wrote:I HAVE THE POWER! The power to warn, and I will **Filtered** use it too.
Kateaclysmic wrote: I thought you loved me, Kikaz. I'm getting an abortion.
Sarevok wrote:
Kikaz wrote:Ridiculous.
Congrats on the most constructive post ever...
Affirmation wrote: And Speaking of bad boys (the baddest)... Kikaz is right, Q is a family, and Affy is the love child of Kikaz and Kateaclysmic!! That is right... I am NOT AN ABORTION... but she never nursed me and Kikaz stopped being a terrible father figure to Affy years ago... Family - HA... Affy's old arse...[-X

Where is the love Kikaz??? WHERE IS THE LOVE (Dad... :smt047 ) ??? [-(
I creep though shadows
I rise up at night
I live just inside you
And give you a terrible fright
I walk through the darkness
I lurk under your bed
I live in your wardrobe
I creep up in the shed.
I tiptoe through the corridor
I follow you anywhere
I rip your braveness apart
And never ever care
I am fear so don't come near..
2007 Quantum Player of the Year Runner-up - 2011 Villian of the Year - 2012 Hall of Fame - 2012 Quantum Player of the Year Runner-up - Leader and Co-founder of the 2014 Alliance of the Year
Sphinx42
Goa'uld
ID: 0

Re: Ransomeware virus "Computer blocked by department of jus

Yeah, I got it a couple of days ago - drive-by Java infection, I think. Managed to get rid of it, but it seems it's making quite a few victims lately. Remember to keep your software (such as your antivirus, and Java) updated, avoid sites you're not familiar with and, like Kikaz said, whatever you do, don't pay anything - it's just a dirty scam.
Gone, left, no longer here.
ƒëmmë
Forum Elite
Alternate name(s): ƒëmmë ƒatalë
temptress
cleo_catra

To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence;
supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
-Sun Tzu, the Art of War
31/07/2012 6:13:16 AM Hope Light ID's mean nothing imo if you can back yourself up.
31/07/2012 6:13:22 AM Hope Light only **Filtered** hide them.
Be careful who you trust, even the devil was once an angel
veritas vos liberabit
Forums own rules
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 7#p2510387
Spoiler
Section Admins - who will be 'in charge' of the section in question. They will be responsible for the overall feel of the section, the setup/structure, and most importantly the community/users in the section. This will incorporate the old 'ombudsman' role. And insofar as the Section Admin is responsible for the users, they are also responsible for the high level mod behaviour towards the users.
So -as a user - if you have an issue with how you are treated, rules, bans, whatever --goto the section admin... They are there for you!

There is no 'reporting structure' in this setup -- tech, mod, and section admins are all on equal footing, each with their own (somewhat overlapping) responsibilities.
Mods report directly to the mod admin, and indirectly to the section admin for the section in which they mod.
Field Marshall
Forum Zombie

We had a similar one from work from "Metropolitan Police". Very similar, it says that paedo material has been found on your equipment and you can either go to court or pay the £80 fine.

Very malicious and looks pretty genuine.

All fake, was a nasty one to kill.
Sol wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?

I think this is sig worthy in fact.
:o my first sigging. I sigged you too. <3
High Empty wrote:however people shouldn't have lvl 33 and 200mil spies and try to be in the top 10, it's unhealthy.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

I find these viruses rather amusing. Good guide, Kikaz.. though I suspect malwarebytes (a CIA subsidiary) of creating these viruses in the first place to get people to download their software.. :P (j/k)
Kjarkur
Spark of the Ori
Alliance: DDE - Leader
Race: System Lord
ID: 1909457
Alternate name(s): Kjarkur, JL, KJ

Juliette wrote:I find these viruses rather amusing. Good guide, Kikaz.. though I suspect malwarebytes (a CIA subsidiary) of creating these viruses in the first place to get people to download their software.. :P (j/k)

LOL !!

I wonder if this virus is actually what might be the reality for Americans in a few years...
There are no men like me. There's only me.
General & Battle Moderator
- > SGW Hall of Fame
- > SGW's Hero of the Year
- > SGW's Villain of the year 2010->
- > SGW's Most Missed Player of the year 2011->
Kikaz
For the Lulz

Kjarkur wrote:
Juliette wrote:I find these viruses rather amusing. Good guide, Kikaz.. though I suspect malwarebytes (a CIA subsidiary) of creating these viruses in the first place to get people to download their software.. :P (j/k)

LOL !!

I wonder if this virus is actually what might be the reality for Americans in a few years...

Possible but, the virus also determines your location and then the message will appear to be from whatever government agency is in your country. So it's not just an american problem. :P
Quotes
Meanwhile in MaYHeM
Duderanch wrote:And so it would come to pass, in December of 2012 the war between the ponies and the pandas broke out..it lasted 21 days, the result? Armagedon.
Dr. House wrote:I HAVE THE POWER! The power to warn, and I will **Filtered** use it too.
Sarevok wrote:
Affirmation wrote: And Speaking of bad boys (the baddest)... Kikaz is right, Q is a family, and Affy is the love child of Kikaz and Kateaclysmic!! That is right... I am NOT AN ABORTION... but she never nursed me and Kikaz stopped being a terrible father figure to Affy years ago... Family - HA... Affy's old arse...[-X

I creep though shadows
I rise up at night
I live just inside you
I lurk under your bed
I live in your wardrobe
I creep up in the shed.
I follow you anywhere
And never ever care
2007 Quantum Player of the Year Runner-up - 2011 Villian of the Year - 2012 Hall of Fame - 2012 Quantum Player of the Year Runner-up - Leader and Co-founder of the 2014 Alliance of the Year
Kjarkur
Spark of the Ori
Alliance: DDE - Leader
ID: 1909457
Alternate name(s): Kjarkur, JL, KJ

Kikaz wrote:Possible but, the virus also determines your location and then the message will appear to be from whatever government agency is in your country. So it's not just an american problem. :P

Clever.

How ever I doubt for example The Netherlands or Iceland even would ever go this route. Countries that have more sided with the internet users rather then copy-right agencies such as MPAA etc.

Never say never, though.
There are no men like me. There's only me.
General & Battle Moderator
- > SGW Hall of Fame
- > SGW's Hero of the Year
- > SGW's Villain of the year 2010->
- > SGW's Most Missed Player of the year 2011->
Legendary Apophis
Forum History
Alliance: Generations
ID: 7889
Alternate name(s): Apophis the Great

A friend of mine faced it couple weeks ago, she was accused to have downloaded illegal content and it indeed was adapted to my country's language ect...
It was same message more or less as you had.

Reminds me of the "Win 2000/XP/Vista/7 Security 2012" virus. I had it from a fake Java update I think.
Spoiler

Incarnate - LG - LG1 - LG2 - LG3 - LG4 - AG - EAG ~ AGoL - Completed
Spoiler
<Dmonix> Damnit Jim how come every conversation with you always ends up discussing something deep and meaningful?
<Dmonix> We always end up discussing male/female differences or politics or football
<Dmonix> All the really important issues in life
Remedy™
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: MaYHem
Race: Tauri
ID: 1933065
Alternate name(s): Eminent Domain

It goes through a loophole in Java. One of the biggest problems is that it'll pop up a window asking you to log in with Administrator information. Then, it'll inbed itself deeper in ur computer.

Obviously, it's total crap.

It's a very simple virus that just goes to ur start-up programs on your computer.
Generally, you can remove it yourself without Malware-bytes as it just has a few simple files that need deleted.

I work with this almost every day as I work with about 45 internet service providers. Best to be careful what you're doing on the internet.

Streaming videos are a quick way as the sites aren't usually secure.
Kikaz
For the Lulz

Yeah it is easy to remove without malwarebytes or other antivirus.

Deleting the file in the startup folder, and the one in the C-drive then under users, your user name, both folders are named with a bunch of random letters 'asjsjfjs' or something like that.

A system restore, etc.

But for people not computer savvy, I've found that malwarebytes is constantly being updated as the virus progresses.
Quotes
Meanwhile in MaYHeM
Sarevok wrote:

I creep though shadows
I rise up at night
I live just inside you
I lurk under your bed
I live in your wardrobe
I creep up in the shed.
I follow you anywhere
And never ever care
Slim87R
Forum Expert

Also, you can see what programs run at startup by clicking on your start bar at the bottom left of your screen, then typing msconfig in the field that pops up. Do some research though before disabling anything. You might disable a program you want. xD
Noobert
Sedin Triplet
Alliance: Mayhem
Race: A Canuck
ID: 57572

I have yet to encounter this.
Corran Horne
Knower of ducks
Alliance: & Leicester
Race: Cheltenham Gold Cup
ID: 314159265

so my plan for world domination has been exposed...

Return to “This, That, Those, and Them”