Something to get me through a work day

A place general forum talk, not related to ingame discussions.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Something to get me through a work day

Hi, guys.

You all know me as that very together kind of person.. like.. who never goes crazy.

Now, the thing is .. I might be starting a multiple-hour-per-day job again soon.. (one that is not at home and such).. and I need something to get me through the day.

So I am looking for a Flask. Yes, I capitalised that on purpose.
During my time away from offices and other debilitating and depressing buildings, I have become quite dependent on alcohol. :) Unfortunately.. I cannot find a proper container for my 'magic potion'.

So I am looking for a Flask. :|
A good one. With a great containing ability, and amazing looks and such. ;)

*grin* Help me find an awesome version I could pass to my mongoloid grandchildren (because the drinking ruins my eggs and DNA), and I will be very happy with your assistance, gentlemen.

Just saying,
Juliette
Cwalen
Fledgling Forumer
ID: 0

Re: Something to get me through a work day

Well, apart from the obvious issues of sclerosis, Korsakoff's syndrome, DUI and social exclusion?

Discipline.

A few sober days a week will drag your tolerance, if not your dependency, down to a manageable level.

Getting wasted at night will give you the next day, and with a little discipline the day after.

I drive for a living, so I cannot allow myself DUI, and frankly my liver is most likely looking like camouflage than a sweet young rose.

Terminal liver failure is what you should be looking at, not a nice hip flask. Cut fats and oils out of your diet. 2 standard drinks each day is still medically inadvisable, 6 is were your risk profile starts to climb sharply.

Contemplating drinking at work? Well very brave, Gin I have heard is relatively untraceable, get yourself some good glassware and produce your own 98% pure ethanol, then put it in a water bottle 20/1 blend. (just be aware of local laws and the difference between meth, eth prope bute and pent)

You are far too interesting a human being to die painfully and slowly through your 50's.

Discipline, not a hip flask.
You are worth it.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

*glare* I am an alcoholic (kind of, a little anyway), fair enough.. but that is not the point. I know that. Been painfully aware at first, now I have had people tell me I will die and what not. So I made enough money to build myself a bunch of clones for replacement parts. (Made a few contracts with organ traders, the closest thing to having an actual clone.)
In any way.. getting wasted at night these days kind of breaks my brain the next day. I think while my tolerance during drinking games is extreme.. but the next day I have a headache.

I just need someone to give me a good suggestion. ;)

*grin* And no .. producing sickeningly toxic chemical mixtures is not the line of thinking I had in mind. Thanks Cwalen.. but no thanks. :smt064
Cwalen
Fledgling Forumer

Well put me down for a new liver.
(we get discounts for bulk prices no?)

Korsakoff's syndrome, is more of an issue for me. Doesn't matter how much cash I have, a new brain is problematical.

With even undergraduate level chem, it is quite possible to produce drinks at better than most market purity, as long as you put in the care and attention.
I hear you, I ain't drinking no moonshine!
(this is illegal boys and girls!)
Cwalen
Fledgling Forumer

The good news is that elevated levels of ethanol in your system do not significantly alter your eggs, you would have to drink through any pregnancy to get fetal alcohol syndrome for your progeny.

If you want to go there? take up heavy smoking as well! Stunted growth = easy birth, and small, cute, if dumb kids.
There has to be a black market for them somewhere.
moses
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Leaf
Race: Na'vi
ID: 48618

Lolz u are amature ill hook yavup when im sober lulz
Spoiler
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

moses of romania wrote:Lolz u are amature ill hook yavup when im sober lulz
Do it in private, or you will be shunned for it! :shock:
Cwalen
Fledgling Forumer

OH! he meant you!

Damm!

I was looking forward to what he hooked me up with!
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

Cwalen wrote:OH! he meant you!

Damm!

I was looking forward to what he hooked me up with!
He hooks me up with secret drink locations. :-D
moses
Forum Zombie

Juliette wrote:
moses of romania wrote:Lolz u are amature ill hook yavup when im sober lulz
Do it in private, or you will be shunned for it! :shock:

This is true i have accesorized lol
Spoiler
Sniperwax
Forum Regular

An empty and well cleaned mouthwash bottle is usually the way to go. Listerine comes in several colors but typically a generic brand bottle from a grocery store or pharmacy chain not native to your area is the safe route. Keep it in your desk with some floss, a toothbrush w/case, and some toothpaste.

I myself hide the real mouthwash in my car and do a proper cleaning after a few good swigs at lunch. They never suspect a GD thing.
moses
Forum Zombie

Sniperwax wrote:An empty and well cleaned mouthwash bottle is usually the way to go. Listerine comes in several colors but typically a generic brand bottle from a grocery store or pharmacy chain not native to your area is the safe route. Keep it in your desk with some floss, a toothbrush w/case, and some toothpaste.

I myself hide the real mouthwash in my car and do a proper cleaning after a few good swigs at lunch. They never suspect a GD thing.

Well done padawan well done i like your style
Spoiler
Sniperwax
Forum Regular

moses of romania wrote:
Sniperwax wrote:An empty and well cleaned mouthwash bottle is usually the way to go. Listerine comes in several colors but typically a generic brand bottle from a grocery store or pharmacy chain not native to your area is the safe route. Keep it in your desk with some floss, a toothbrush w/case, and some toothpaste.

Well done padawan well done i like your style

Maybe a tongue brush too even a tiny little bit of anything not cleaned from the tongue could potentially carry some excess odor. I do this with Southern Comfort mind you which has a strong odor but this is a solid strategy.

A guy I knew in high school some lifetimes ago took it a step further. There is a way to bend the child safety prongs so that pinching the normal cap spots does no good. You need a tiny screwdriver to pry it a bit then pinch and twist. I could try and find this information for Juliette but she seems capable enough heh
moses
Forum Zombie

Ah yes we figured this out in grade 12 we found slightly warping the lids did this and took mad power to.open lol
Spoiler
Sniperwax
Forum Regular

moses of romania wrote:Ah yes we figured this out in grade 12 we found slightly warping the lids did this and took mad power to.open lol

Dang it now I wanna drink too. Thanks a lot. Was enjoying my sobriety tonight rocking out some AiC maybe gonna watch '300' a few times but nooooo.

It is this exact type of situation that made Eve become a hobag and bite into the forbidden fruit. Well hobag or no hobag I'm now feeling thirsty.

Return to “This, That, Those, and Them”