Space

A place general forum talk, not related to ingame discussions.
Oreo
Fledgling Forumer
ID: 0
Alternate name(s): E

Space

No one on this planet actually knows how big space is unless they are hidding secrets,

So what do you thinks out there or how big is it ?
Would we find intelligent life if we looked further enough ?

Would mankind be lame ? Lol.
Mental
Forum Elite
Alliance: [ THE DARK DOMINIUM™]
Race: ~Da Bait~
ID: 55247
Alternate name(s): Melting Pot of Friendship.

Re: Space

Well with 500 billion estimated galaxies out there, There has to be intelligent life out there, The vastness of space is beyond normal human comprehension, And current tech means human visitation of far off galaxies that could support life is a long way away.

And mankind is very lame.
Spoiler
[14:42:10] The Anti Christ: Now I know what harch feels like
[20:15:16] Duderanch: Ben filled me up :P
[14:14] CC Leader: harriet harmon is a freak in bed
[01:42:08] The Anti Christ: Mental is my hero, I wish I was more like him
Oreo
Fledgling Forumer
Alternate name(s): E

Wow that's gotta be BIG, and yer I do see what your saying about our chances of finding another race, I think it may be easier to just be found.
EbilCC
Forum Addict

Space The Final Frontier, These Are the voyages of the starship Enterprise Its continuing Mission to bang strange new females, to seek out new boobs and new Civiliations to boldly go were no man has gone before PUN Intended

SJ MENTAL "I have no idea why they would ban you cc you add so much to the community at large"

[9:28:51 PM] robert_paul97: cc is the best

Teesdale: ive been farming all day and havent repaired MS
so CCs little cant blew through my shields (worry)
EbilCC
Forum Addict

Oreo wrote:Wow that's gotta be BIG, I think it may be easier to just be found.
to easy to make fun of :smt047 Thats NOT what she said we wont be found

SJ MENTAL "I have no idea why they would ban you cc you add so much to the community at large"

[9:28:51 PM] robert_paul97: cc is the best

Teesdale: ive been farming all day and havent repaired MS
so CCs little cant blew through my shields (worry)
Clockwork
The Ablest Man
Alliance: Multiverse
Race: Clockwork Admin
ID: 1940718

Since this is not game related, moved to This, That Those and Them.
Admin for all the Forum things...
Click Me for forum rules.
Click Me for Game admin contact details.
Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Lone wolf
Race: Slovenian
ID: 82089

Universe is infinite. It is in a state of expanding and has been since the Big Bang. We are here so no matter how small the odds are for humanity to evolve (the planet has to have oxygen, water, has to be the right distance from the star which varies based on the size of the star and based on how hot it's burning, etc.), there are an infinite amount of planets which support human life. If it's happened once in a set number solar systems/galaxies/super-clusters/whatever, and if the number is increasing in infinity, it will happen time and time again. Simple logic. Basically if you have a 10% chance of scoring something, you'll score it 10 million out of 100 million times. If the chances are smaller, but the number of trials is constantly increasing into infinity (such as the situation with number of planets that support human life and the number of planets total, which is constantly increasing), you'll still hit them an infinite amount of times.

That being said, we only think life based on CHO can evolve, because that's what happened here in Earth. But we'd be idiots to assume there are no other life forms, for instance those based around the Si or other elements. Likewise, it's completely dumb to assume we're the only living creatures in the vastness of the Universe. The experts know this, but are saying we are the only ones only due to the fact that it would create mass panic if people got told there are alien life forms far more advanced than ours who could come to our planet and wipe us out of the existence should they choose so.
Besides, you can easily tell how primitive the humanity is. Just look at the difference between the rich and the poor, how much poverty and hunger exists in the world, how many diseases that we still can't cure, etc.

~N
Haz wrote:It took a bit of time, but the investigation has now been completed.
S1eepy will be banned for scripting, for the remainder of this era.
Name: S1eepy [ TheCheekyChickens ]
{Banned}
2012 Awards awarded to me:
Spoiler
Navy
Forum Irregular
Alternate name(s): Gordy

Neimenljivi wrote: Just look at the difference between the rich and the poor, how much poverty and hunger exists in the world, how many diseases that we still can't cure, etc.

~N
But how many rich people do you see walking down the street shooting poor people? Point is, if you liken rich people to the aliens and the poor to human beings, then would the aliens really bother with us?

Yes, rich men start wars and poor men fight them, but then that would just suggest we would be the warriors for the aliens.

Either we will be left alone or be given really sweet technology (sure for fighting purposes but take what you can get).
Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie

Navy wrote:
Neimenljivi wrote: Just look at the difference between the rich and the poor, how much poverty and hunger exists in the world, how many diseases that we still can't cure, etc.

~N
But how many rich people do you see walking down the street shooting poor people? Point is, if you liken rich people to the aliens and the poor to human beings, then would the aliens really bother with us?

Yes, rich men start wars and poor men fight them, but then that would just suggest we would be the warriors for the aliens.

Either we will be left alone or be given really sweet technology (sure for fighting purposes but take what you can get).
You misunderstood my point. That sentence was in regards to how dumb/primitive the human race really is, it wasn't in any connection to alien life forms. You should read more carefully ;)

~N
{Banned}
Spoiler
harchester
Forum History
Alliance: Ricos Roughnecks

Neimenljivi wrote:Universe is infinite. It is in a state of expanding and has been since the Big Bang. We are here so no matter how small the odds are for humanity to evolve (the planet has to have oxygen, water, has to be the right distance from the star which varies based on the size of the star and based on how hot it's burning, etc.), there are an infinite amount of planets which support human life. If it's happened once in a set number solar systems/galaxies/super-clusters/whatever, and if the number is increasing in infinity, it will happen time and time again. Simple logic. Basically if you have a 10% chance of scoring something, you'll score it 10 million out of 100 million times. If the chances are smaller, but the number of trials is constantly increasing into infinity (such as the situation with number of planets that support human life and the number of planets total, which is constantly increasing), you'll still hit them an infinite amount of times.

That being said, we only think life based on CHO can evolve, because that's what happened here in Earth. But we'd be idiots to assume there are no other life forms, for instance those based around the Si or other elements. Likewise, it's completely dumb to assume we're the only living creatures in the vastness of the Universe. The experts know this, but are saying we are the only ones only due to the fact that it would create mass panic if people got told there are alien life forms far more advanced than ours who could come to our planet and wipe us out of the existence should they choose so.
Besides, you can easily tell how primitive the humanity is. Just look at the difference between the rich and the poor, how much poverty and hunger exists in the world, how many diseases that we still can't cure, etc.

~N
u sir are a babe...miss your face :smt050
Even if you hear a bad story about me, Understand that there was a time I was good to those people to, But they won’t tell you that...
Navy
Forum Irregular
Alternate name(s): Gordy

Neimenljivi wrote:
Navy wrote:

~N

You misunderstood my point. That sentence was in regards to how dumb/primitive the human race really is, it wasn't in any connection to alien life forms. You should read more carefully ;)

~N
Nah, I read it carefully. Just interpreted it differently than you. You just got done talking about how the more advanced aliens could come and wipe us out then talked about how primitive we are. Thus, making it sound like simply because we are primitive the aliens would want to wipe us out. Then you talk about how primitive we are because of the wealth gap.

Meh, anyways. My opinion stands. For the most part an advanced society would need a reason to be an aggressor towards a less advanced one. Which sure we can point to human history and prove that. But this would be a whole different level. You would basically have to compare let's say America today going to war with..idk..a small tribe on some remote Pacific Island because we want their..idk..bananas. We wouldn't wipe 'em out because I mean damn..they'd be worth more just to study for purely knowledge purposes.
Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie

Harchy, you're gonna see even less of it soon :P

Navy - I didn't compare the rich with aliens and the poor with humans. I simply pointed out the difference between the rich and the poor as an argument that shows how primitive we, as a society, are.
I also never said they would wipe us out, I didn't even hint they would, please read my post again. I said:
The experts know this, but are saying we are the only ones only due to the fact that it would create mass panic if people got told there are alien life forms far more advanced than ours who could come to our planet and wipe us out of the existence should they choose so.
'Could' also refers to the verb 'wipe out'. I never said they will or would, I said they could, I didn't hint I believe they would. Honestly, who in the right mind thinks that an alien life form capable of traveling in hyperspace (despite our scientists being close to knowing how to do that, but they acknowledge it'd be all just theoretical because we don't have the means for it), capable of interstellar or even intergalactic travel, would find our couple of F-16s too much to handle?
In the grand scheme of things, we are very primitive and most people wouldn't be capable of bearing the thought someone out there could come at any time and could wipe us out without breaking a sweat. That's why scientists don't divulge such information to mass public. But they are smart enough to know alien life forms exist. So that's why the public has no official knowledge of alien life forms. Capish now? ;)

And just because someone could do something, it doesn't mean they would.
As for alien life forms having more benefit from studying us, who says they don't? ;) There were numerous UFO sightings, some even swept by the rug by certain governments, which only adds to the suspicion.

~N
{Banned}
Spoiler
noone
Forum Elite
Alliance: none
Race: gone
Alternate name(s): Nostradamus,Nostra,NanoBite,Drought,Darkwing Duck,Duck Dodgers,Medusa,Star Nova,System Mistress,*The Exile,ingolfúr,Belle,Lagertha.

Oreo wrote:
So what do you thinks out there or how big is it ?
Would we find intelligent life if we looked further enough ?

Would mankind be lame ? Lol.
Ever since I saw mib, with the aliens throwing the marbles (universes), and knowing our current tech how we can see molecules ... I think there might be more 'universes' out there and that ours is considered vast to our current standards.

I do not believe some invisible mystical being, thought up by man, created the world in whatever time. These theories have been proven to be false due to inconsitencies.

Several documentaries showing the inner working of cells and how they could be compared to blue prints of reactors, to me, indicates we are build by design.

Resulting in me liking to compare planets to petri dishes.

I think our carbon based existence is just one of many optional directions where life creating experiments could have gone.

I do not think mankind is lame, look at where we are in a rather short time, we have tons of potential. With more time, we will discover and learn more and come to accept as a standard what we currently percieve as science fiction.

Return to “This, That, Those, and Them”