Medical Cannabis -Australia- The Haslams need your support

A place general forum talk, not related to ingame discussions.
noone
Forum Elite
Alliance: none
Race: gone
ID: 0
Alternate name(s): Nostradamus,Nostra,NanoBite,Drought,Darkwing Duck,Duck Dodgers,Medusa,Star Nova,System Mistress,*The Exile,ingolfúr,Belle,Lagertha.

Re: Medical Cannabis -Australia- The Haslams need your suppo

Sol wrote:
RoKeT wrote:Every mind altering drug has side effects and I'm sure those aren't the first two deaths that marijuana has contributed too. But again they didn't OVER DOSE. You can kill people or jump off a building without pots help. How many people kill themself each year or there wives. I mean seriously if only 2 people out of the millions who do it I think that proves it's value more then it disproves it
The point is, they wouldn't normally do it if they weren't high, over dose or not, if someone dies under the influence of a substance then they die. It doesn't make the substance any safer if you can't technically directly die from it.
Yes I forgot about alcohol poisoning, but I still very rarely see it in the news as a means of death.
I would say the deaths due to alcohol poisoning are insignificant compared to the deaths from intoxication.
You do not see it in the news as it is accepted and a common thing ...
You never heard of liver damage ?
Sol
Forum Addict

nostra wrote:
Sol wrote:
RoKeT wrote:Every mind altering drug has side effects and I'm sure those aren't the first two deaths that marijuana has contributed too. But again they didn't OVER DOSE. You can kill people or jump off a building without pots help. How many people kill themself each year or there wives. I mean seriously if only 2 people out of the millions who do it I think that proves it's value more then it disproves it
The point is, they wouldn't normally do it if they weren't high, over dose or not, if someone dies under the influence of a substance then they die. It doesn't make the substance any safer if you can't technically directly die from it.
Yes I forgot about alcohol poisoning, but I still very rarely see it in the news as a means of death.
I would say the deaths due to alcohol poisoning are insignificant compared to the deaths from intoxication.
Ehhh It's not really, but I would imagine the media wouldn't cover boring stories.
Sounds like you're getting more into the effects of alcohol, not so much OD'ing.
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.
noone
Forum Elite
Alliance: none
Race: gone
Alternate name(s): Nostradamus,Nostra,NanoBite,Drought,Darkwing Duck,Duck Dodgers,Medusa,Star Nova,System Mistress,*The Exile,ingolfúr,Belle,Lagertha.

Sol wrote:
nostra wrote:
Sol wrote:
Ehhh It's not really, but I would imagine the media wouldn't cover boring stories.
Sounds like you're getting more into the effects of alcohol, not so much OD'ing.
Ehh, it is ... some people are calling it boring already :-D

You should try living without a liver :)

Liver faillure anyone ?
harchester
Forum History
Alliance: Ricos Roughnecks

disgusting [-(
Even if you hear a bad story about me, Understand that there was a time I was good to those people to, But they won’t tell you that...
RoKeT
Forum Zombie
Race: The King Jaffa

harchester wrote:disgusting [-(
Like your face Harch!
[spoiler]burn[/spoiler]
Ex Mod
Looking for an Account?
Spoiler
I can find you one...
21 Accounts sold to Date
Spoiler
RoKeT
Forum Zombie
Race: The King Jaffa

ah shoot was that spamming in the wrong section

[spoiler]ah double shoot am I still not allowed to do one post after another[/spoiler]
[spoiler]ahhhhhhh darn this would be considered spam too wouldn't it?[/spoiler]
[spoiler]No curse words though I'm getting better =D>[/spoiler]
Ex Mod
Looking for an Account?
Spoiler
I can find you one...
21 Accounts sold to Date
Spoiler
Z E R O
Forum Addict
Alliance: Jötunheim
Race: NanoTiMaster
ID: 1918344
Alternate name(s): Hymir

http://marijuana.com/news/2014/08/marij ... -colorado/

One major reason it's worth legalization. Money into schools, instead of in the hands of drug dealers? What a brilliant **Filtered** idea.

I did find some articles claiming the crime rate to have decreased, but also some claiming the opposite, it's hard to know exactly what to believe. There must be a lot less marijuana related charges, though.
Z E R O - Jötunheim - 1907332 - UnKnown of the TOLAH
*Zero - 1991093
Spoiler
Navy
Forum Irregular
Alternate name(s): Gordy

Too much of anything is bad *patiently waits for people to list things that "too much" of would not be a bad thing*

But seriously...too much computer use can degrade your eyes, staying up too late can cause depression, too much running can make you too much like Forrest Gump (this one may or may not be true)

Should people smoke when they have to drive? No. Should they smoke while in charge of dependents (i.e. children)? No. Should weed be illegal simply because people have general fears regarding its use? No.

Let's spend our tax dollars fighting something worth our time.
Sol
Forum Addict

Navy wrote: Should people smoke when they have to drive? No. Should they smoke while in charge of dependents (i.e. children)? No. .
But they're going to, and they have (see above link on crash stats).
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Navy
Forum Irregular

Sol wrote:
Navy wrote: Should people smoke when they have to drive? No. Should they smoke while in charge of dependents (i.e. children)? No. .
But they're going to, and they have (see above link on crash stats).

I agree that they will/do. I read a story about some gay couple in Colorado (I think) who were smoking and left their adopted infant in the car for two hours. Infant died.

While no one can argue the fact that these stories are sad, should they decide the fate of marijuana? My opinion remains the same.

Sol, please don't take this personally but that report you linked to is kind of silly. Of course the amount of drivers tested positive for marijuana increased....legalizing anything=more people doing/using legal thing. It doesn't prove anything of use in the fight against weed. Would you expect the amount of intoxicated drivers to reduce with legalizing weed? That "report" is just stating an elementary idea.
Sol
Forum Addict

Navy wrote: While no one can argue the fact that these stories are sad, should they decide the fate of marijuana? My opinion remains the same.
It's not just about sad one-off stories reported by the media, as they will only be reported if they were full of juicy content. But it's quite a few other factors, including the accidents 'behind the scenes' and the fact we're dealing with ANOTHER mind altering substance. Sure you can argue alcohol is worse that marijuana, but it still has the obvious downside.
The only real need for it I see, is what Femme originally posted, but even so it's better to synthesis and find a more direct action to what THC does to the brain - even to that extent the effects aren't fully understand, as I posted about previously.
Navy wrote: Sol, please don't take this personally but that report you linked to is kind of silly. Of course the amount of drivers tested positive for marijuana increased....legalizing anything=more people doing/using legal thing. It doesn't prove anything of use in the fight against weed.
It proves exactly what quite a few people thought. People would drive under the influence of a mind altering substance knowing full well of its affects, while some end up fine, others end up in a car accident as shown by the study. It's no different to alcohol in this respect, and we all are fully aware of its problems.
While I have no issue with people taking things to feel happy, like cake, or even alcohol under the legal limit, it becomes a problem when they start killing people because they can't even keep their **Filtered** together. So yeah, I would sooner ban a substance from the public to keep them alive and well, rather than letting them have 10 minutes of happiness for a few bucks.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Navy
Forum Irregular

I do agree with one your points that just because alcohol can be bad that isn't a reason to legalize weed. That's just silly.

I feel I've exhausted my interest in this debate. I must respectfully bow out.
ƒëmmë
Forum Elite
Alternate name(s): ƒëmmë ƒatalë
temptress
cleo_catra

Huge, huge news. The NSW Government has today approved changes to allow medicinal cannabis use, protecting people like my terminally ill son, Dan from prosecution – and this incredible win is thanks to you.

I got the call last night. I jumped on a plane to Sydney and will meet with Premier Baird later today. The changes will decriminalise possessing medicinal cannabis for those with a medical certificate of exemption – with moves underway to address supply by the end of the year.

It's an amazing win, with more progress to come.

And it wouldn't of happened without your help. More than 195,000 of you have signed the change.org petition my family started. It's been months of campaigning, and it put medicinal cannabis all over the media: in Daily Telegraph, Sunrise, ABC News, Alan Jones 2GB, Sydney Morning Herald, Sunday Night on 7, and so many others.

What's clearer than ever – this is a people-power win. Help me spread the good news by sharing this image on Facebook and Twitter today.

These changes will reduce avoidable suffering. It'll mean caring for our son Dan in the only way that helps his nausea from chemotherapy won't make us criminals.

I hope to have more news to share with you soon, including media about the progress. It looks like I'll be on Sunrise and Alan Jones tomorrow so be sure to tune in to those!

Be in touch soon.

And as always – thank you so much for your support.

Lucy

P.S. These changes are only going to be in NSW, and while there's some progress in getting support for trials in Victoria, Tasmania and WA – that won't provide the protection and support being offered here. Here's a few petitions you can support now if you're in these other states:

https://www.change.org/p/premier-napthi ... s-a-chance

https://www.change.org/p/state-governme ... -illnesses

https://www.change.org/p/tony-abbott-pe ... l-cannabis
To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence;
supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
-Sun Tzu, the Art of War
31/07/2012 6:13:16 AM Hope Light ID's mean nothing imo if you can back yourself up.
31/07/2012 6:13:22 AM Hope Light only **Filtered** hide them.
Be careful who you trust, even the devil was once an angel
veritas vos liberabit
Forums own rules
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 7#p2510387
Spoiler
Section Admins - who will be 'in charge' of the section in question. They will be responsible for the overall feel of the section, the setup/structure, and most importantly the community/users in the section. This will incorporate the old 'ombudsman' role. And insofar as the Section Admin is responsible for the users, they are also responsible for the high level mod behaviour towards the users.
So -as a user - if you have an issue with how you are treated, rules, bans, whatever --goto the section admin... They are there for you!

There is no 'reporting structure' in this setup -- tech, mod, and section admins are all on equal footing, each with their own (somewhat overlapping) responsibilities.
Mods report directly to the mod admin, and indirectly to the section admin for the section in which they mod.
ƒëmmë
Forum Elite
Alternate name(s): ƒëmmë ƒatalë
temptress
cleo_catra

email just in from Lucy Haslam,

Huge, huge news. The NSW Government has today approved changes to allow medicinal cannabis use, protecting people like my terminally ill son, Dan from prosecution – and this incredible win is thanks to you.

I got the call last night. I jumped on a plane to Sydney and will meet with Premier Baird later today. The changes will decriminalise possessing medicinal cannabis for those with a medical certificate of exemption – with moves underway to address supply by the end of the year.

It's an amazing win, with more progress to come.

And it wouldn't of happened without your help. More than 195,000 of you have signed the change.org petition my family started. It's been months of campaigning, and it put medicinal cannabis all over the media: in Daily Telegraph, Sunrise, ABC News, Alan Jones 2GB, Sydney Morning Herald, Sunday Night on 7, and so many others.

What's clearer than ever – this is a people-power win. Help me spread the good news by sharing this image on Facebook and Twitter today.

These changes will reduce avoidable suffering. It'll mean caring for our son Dan in the only way that helps his nausea from chemotherapy won't make us criminals.

I hope to have more news to share with you soon, including media about the progress. It looks like I'll be on Sunrise and Alan Jones tomorrow so be sure to tune in to those!

Be in touch soon.

And as always – thank you so much for your support.

Lucy

P.S. These changes are only going to be in NSW, and while there's some progress in getting support for trials in Victoria, Tasmania and WA – that won't provide the protection and support being offered here. Here's a few petitions you can support now if you're in these other states:

https://www.change.org/p/premier-napthi ... s-a-chance

https://www.change.org/p/state-governme ... -illnesses

https://www.change.org/p/tony-abbott-pe ... l-cannabis[/quote]
To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence;
supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
-Sun Tzu, the Art of War
31/07/2012 6:13:16 AM Hope Light ID's mean nothing imo if you can back yourself up.
31/07/2012 6:13:22 AM Hope Light only **Filtered** hide them.
Be careful who you trust, even the devil was once an angel
veritas vos liberabit
Forums own rules
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 7#p2510387
Spoiler
Section Admins - who will be 'in charge' of the section in question. They will be responsible for the overall feel of the section, the setup/structure, and most importantly the community/users in the section. This will incorporate the old 'ombudsman' role. And insofar as the Section Admin is responsible for the users, they are also responsible for the high level mod behaviour towards the users.
So -as a user - if you have an issue with how you are treated, rules, bans, whatever --goto the section admin... They are there for you!

There is no 'reporting structure' in this setup -- tech, mod, and section admins are all on equal footing, each with their own (somewhat overlapping) responsibilities.
Mods report directly to the mod admin, and indirectly to the section admin for the section in which they mod.

Return to “This, That, Those, and Them”