Medical Cannabis -Australia- The Haslams need your support

A place general forum talk, not related to ingame discussions.
ƒëmmë
Forum Elite
Alternate name(s): ƒëmmë ƒatalë
temptress
cleo_catra

Medical Cannabis -Australia- The Haslams need your support

They're hanging up on us. After many of you called Health Minister Peter Dutton's office about the government's absurd 'veto' to medicinal cannabis on Norfolk Island – instead of listening to us, his office just started hanging up on voters calling in.

I can't believe he'd treat voters and families in need like this. Worse – this is what he said to ABC News yesterday about medicinal cannabis: "we just can't allow people for political reasons to sign up to a particular medication for argument's sake"

Minister, this isn't about political reasons. This is my son's life – it's about doing the only thing we can to reduce the pain and nausea from his terminal cancer chemo.

Please share this image today on Facebook to embarrass Minister Dutton into getting briefed and meeting families impacted, it seems our only option now he won't take our calls!

I know your support is helping keep up the pressure on the government to get this done. News.com.au have just published this new article about what's happening – please share it.

There’s 30 years of clinical trials, 23 states in the US, not to mention 8 other countries, who all back medicinal cannabis. But our politicians are still stuck on "political reasons" and arguments about "long-term health implications".

This is about helping terminal cancer patients like my son Dan… they're just not getting it yet.

Thanks for all your help.

Lucy and the Haslams
https://au.news.yahoo.com/sunday-night/ ... their-son/

https://au.news.yahoo.com/sunday-night/ ... ministers/

https://au.news.yahoo.com/sunday-night/ ... le-part-1/

https://au.news.yahoo.com/sunday-night/ ... le-part-2/

After seeing a couple of reports about medical cannabis on the Sunday Night show, I decided to get behind the people attempting to legalise the use of cannabis in treatments for terminally ill and others where current medicines are not helping.

thanks for reading, better still sign the petition at change.org and lobby your local MP :)
To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence;
supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
-Sun Tzu, the Art of War
31/07/2012 6:13:16 AM Hope Light ID's mean nothing imo if you can back yourself up.
31/07/2012 6:13:22 AM Hope Light only **Filtered** hide them.
Be careful who you trust, even the devil was once an angel
veritas vos liberabit
Forums own rules
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 7#p2510387
Spoiler
Section Admins - who will be 'in charge' of the section in question. They will be responsible for the overall feel of the section, the setup/structure, and most importantly the community/users in the section. This will incorporate the old 'ombudsman' role. And insofar as the Section Admin is responsible for the users, they are also responsible for the high level mod behaviour towards the users.
So -as a user - if you have an issue with how you are treated, rules, bans, whatever --goto the section admin... They are there for you!

There is no 'reporting structure' in this setup -- tech, mod, and section admins are all on equal footing, each with their own (somewhat overlapping) responsibilities.
Mods report directly to the mod admin, and indirectly to the section admin for the section in which they mod.
Sol
Forum Addict
ID: 0

Re: Medical Cannabis -Australia- The Haslams need your suppo

I disagree with the general use and cultivation of cannabis.
Everyone is jumping the gun and banking on the first milestone of legalization through medicinal use. If people really want to use it medicinally, as a sedative effect, then more research should go into a synthetic tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) or similar substance, before these oh so loving parents figure out they've screwed their child's life with something that has little known long term effects.

It's only thanks to the legalization in guinea-pig countries/states (thanks guys) that ethics committees are finally giving out trialling privileges and researches are gaining quality data easily, and drawing conclusions to the downfall of cannabis/marijuana that most people instinctively thought.
A quick scan of science daily:

Regular marijuana use bad for teens' brains, study finds:
Frequent marijuana use can have a significant negative effect on the brains of teenagers and young adults, including cognitive decline, poor attention and memory, and decreased IQ....
"It needs to be emphasized that regular cannabis use, which we consider once a week, is not safe..." .....People who have become addicted to marijuana can lose an average of six IQ points by adulthood.(August 9, 2014) http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20 ... 141436.htm
Marijuana use involved in more fatal accidents since commercialization of medical marijuana:
The proportion of marijuana-positive drivers involved in fatal motor vehicle crashes in Colorado has increased dramatically since the commercialization of medical marijuana in the middle of 2009, according to a study. (May 15, 2014) http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20 ... 173507.htm
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.
~Les Erebus~
Forum Addict
Alliance: TF
ID: 1907332

oh SoL stop being a party pooper. wanna get stoned dude?
philipbanks 2:41 PM

Man I can mass from right here in my shower and it feels nice

lesennemis 2:42 PM

stop using massing for non pure duties in the shower and yes i am quoting that
Sol
Forum Addict

Les Ennemis wrote:oh SoL stop being a party pooper. wanna get stoned dude?
Can't, no time broseph :P. Plus alcohol is more readily available and doesn't give the munchies, it gives the fillies.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Legendary Apophis
Forum History
Alliance: Generations
Race: System Lord
ID: 7889
Alternate name(s): Apophis the Great

I agree with SOL and the minister.
Spoiler

Incarnate - LG - LG1 - LG2 - LG3 - LG4 - AG - EAG ~ AGoL - Completed
Spoiler
<Dmonix> Damnit Jim how come every conversation with you always ends up discussing something deep and meaningful?
<Dmonix> We always end up discussing male/female differences or politics or football
<Dmonix> All the really important issues in life
Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Lone wolf
Race: Slovenian
ID: 82089

Just because something helps dull the pain, it shouldn't be made legal. I am sure no one would like their children to be hooked up on heroine, just because it dulls pain. In extreme cases, morphine (pretty similar to heroine) is used, but no one will give you a prescription to use it by yourself in this day and age.
If something is legal somewhere, it doesn't mean it's good for everyday use. Coca was originally in Coca Cola beverage, but nowadays, who would let their children drink it if coca was still in it?

All this hype about legalizing cannabis is mostly generated by potheads. If you need further persuasion as to whether it's bad or not, just take a look at some of the older potheads who've been smoking it on a regular basis for a longer period of time. Their brain is fried. You can barely have a normal conversation with them.

~N
Haz wrote:It took a bit of time, but the investigation has now been completed.
S1eepy will be banned for scripting, for the remainder of this era.
Name: S1eepy [ TheCheekyChickens ]
{Banned}
2012 Awards awarded to me:
Spoiler
RoKeT
Forum Zombie
Race: The King Jaffa

So keep big pharma in eh? How many deaths a year come from alcohol? Prescription medication? And even nicotine? Now ow many a year from pot? If you think pot should be illegal while the other three are acceptable your nuts. I'd rather lose 6 IQ points then die, I'd rather lose my short tern memory then nod of in front of my child. If yup think pot is bad and should be illegal you should see what the legal drugs do to people.

In short legalize it, tax the heck out of it and bring awareness to the side effects and let them make up there own minds.
Ex Mod
Looking for an Account?
Spoiler
I can find you one...
21 Accounts sold to Date
Spoiler
Sol
Forum Addict

RoKeT wrote:So keep big pharma in eh? How many deaths a year come from alcohol? Prescription medication? And even nicotine? Now ow many a year from pot? If you think pot should be illegal while the other three are acceptable your nuts. I'd rather lose 6 IQ points then die, I'd rather lose my short tern memory then nod of in front of my child. If yup think pot is bad and should be illegal you should see what the legal drugs do to people.

In short legalize it, tax the heck out of it and bring awareness to the side effects and let them make up there own minds.
I would rather have the others restricted as well, but they're not going to be, and since I can stop another I will. As you pointed, many deaths already occur from alcohol, and billions of $$ sunk into rehabilitation, why on earth would you just legalise another drug that would follow the same pattern?
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
RoKeT
Forum Zombie

Because weed can't kill you, you couldn't consume enough of it the legal dose required is insanely high. Because you can tax it an take the money from the drug dealers and put it into programs that help the community.
Ex Mod
Looking for an Account?
Spoiler
I can find you one...
21 Accounts sold to Date
Spoiler
Sol
Forum Addict

RoKeT wrote:Because weed can't kill you, you couldn't consume enough of it the legal dose required is insanely high. Because you can tax it an take the money from the drug dealers and put it into programs that help the community.
Yes, and I've never heard of anyone literally overdosing on alcohol and dying, doesn't mean it has negative effects.
Sounds like a great idea, legalize it, tax it, then use all the tax money to rehabilitate people while they increase the death toll due to DUI's and the like.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
noone
Forum Elite
Alliance: none
Race: gone
Alternate name(s): Nostradamus,Nostra,NanoBite,Drought,Darkwing Duck,Duck Dodgers,Medusa,Star Nova,System Mistress,*The Exile,ingolfúr,Belle,Lagertha.

RoKeT wrote:Because weed can't kill you, you couldn't consume enough of it the legal dose required is insanely high. Because you can tax it an take the money from the drug dealers and put it into programs that help the community.

Death by weed has never been reported/stated in any medical report.
There are however examples of people dying while on weed and behaving stupid ...
But the same goes for a sugar rush.

Sol wrote: Yes, and I've never heard of anyone literally overdosing on alcohol and dying, doesn't mean it has negative effects.

lol

Deaths by Alcohol poisoning
RoKeT
Forum Zombie

Sol lol no offense but alcohol poisoning kills a lot of people. Hell people die from nicotine overdoses yet none from weed haha I love weed
Ex Mod
Looking for an Account?
Spoiler
I can find you one...
21 Accounts sold to Date
Spoiler
Legendary Apophis
Forum History
Alliance: Generations
Race: System Lord
ID: 7889
Alternate name(s): Apophis the Great

Spoiler

Incarnate - LG - LG1 - LG2 - LG3 - LG4 - AG - EAG ~ AGoL - Completed
Spoiler
<Dmonix> Damnit Jim how come every conversation with you always ends up discussing something deep and meaningful?
<Dmonix> We always end up discussing male/female differences or politics or football
<Dmonix> All the really important issues in life
RoKeT
Forum Zombie

Every mind altering drug has side effects and I'm sure those aren't the first two deaths that marijuana has contributed too. But again they didn't OVER DOSE. You can kill people or jump off a building without pots help. How many people kill themself each year or there wives. I mean seriously if only 2 people out of the millions who do it I think that proves it's value more then it disproves it
Ex Mod
Looking for an Account?
Spoiler
I can find you one...
21 Accounts sold to Date
Spoiler
Sol
Forum Addict

RoKeT wrote:Every mind altering drug has side effects and I'm sure those aren't the first two deaths that marijuana has contributed too. But again they didn't OVER DOSE. You can kill people or jump off a building without pots help. How many people kill themself each year or there wives. I mean seriously if only 2 people out of the millions who do it I think that proves it's value more then it disproves it
The point is, they wouldn't normally do it if they weren't high, over dose or not, if someone dies under the influence of a substance then they die. It doesn't make the substance any safer if you can't technically directly die from it.
Yes I forgot about alcohol poisoning, but I still very rarely see it in the news as a means of death.
I would say the deaths due to alcohol poisoning are insignificant compared to the deaths from intoxication.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?

Return to “This, That, Those, and Them”