2014 U.S. Election

A place general forum talk, not related to ingame discussions.
Slim87R
Forum Expert

2014 U.S. Election

So the Republicans just pretty much took Congress as a whole. Thoughts? Predictions?
Moriarty
Forum Irregular
Alliance: N/A
Race: Ancient
ID: 1991944
Alternate name(s): ~M~

Re: 2014 U.S. Election

Success. Don't know what seats are up in 2016 though, not to mention the Prez spot
Moriarty
Forum Irregular

I bet someone will comment on my Republican support too... Cant wait for that ignorant fool to talk to me :smt042
Master Rahl
Forum Regular
Alliance: KzD
Race: Aydindril
ID: 13355
Alternate name(s): Master Rahl

Slim87R wrote:So the Republicans just pretty much took Congress as a whole. Thoughts? Predictions?
same as always. nothing of great importance will happen. A few years ago Dem had house, senate, and pres and in that time NOTHING big happened. Last decade when Dems had total power again.. NOTHING big happened.

Before that now many years ago when Reps had all 3 NOTHING happened.

besides anything that they attempt to pass Pres Obama will veto. they only have 2/3 of the vote.

Why nothing important happens when 1 party has total control surprises me, but I guess they don't want to mess anything up and take the blame.

I am rather conservative in my views, but how the reps want to "reduce" government will/can not work. The Dems want to create a committee on everything and employ more and more gov employees and have no way to cover the growing costs. Their answer is to print more money, to make up for the dept, which would create an insane inflation on the USD. or
[9:21:11 PM] Les Ennemis: good i like our members happy
What kind of plans would the Master Rahl have? I plan to conquer the world
Spoiler
ImageImage
Legendary Apophis
Forum History
Alliance: Generations
Race: System Lord
ID: 7889
Alternate name(s): Apophis the Great

Haters gonna hate:

Youngest female elected to Congress (Elise Stefanik - 30 yrs old - GOP)
Youngest lawmaker elected in the country (Saira Blair - 18 yrs old - GOP)
First African-american senator of South Carolina (Tim Scott - GOP)

I'm not American btw, I just saw these info on my Facebook news info-line, by Fox News among other sources.
Spoiler

Incarnate - LG - LG1 - LG2 - LG3 - LG4 - AG - EAG ~ AGoL - Completed
Spoiler
<Dmonix> Damnit Jim how come every conversation with you always ends up discussing something deep and meaningful?
<Dmonix> We always end up discussing male/female differences or politics or football
<Dmonix> All the really important issues in life
Master Rahl
Forum Regular

Legendary Apophis wrote:Haters gonna hate:

I'm not American btw, I just saw these info on my Facebook news info-line, by Fox News among other sources.
they are doing this for the GOP political agenda. you should read at what crap goes on in both partys getting someone ready for the spot.
Spoiler
ImageImage
Moriarty
Forum Irregular

Master Rahl wrote:
Slim87R wrote:So the Republicans just pretty much took Congress as a whole. Thoughts? Predictions?
same as always. nothing of great importance will happen. A few years ago Dem had house, senate, and pres and in that time NOTHING big happened. Last decade when Dems had total power again.. NOTHING big happened.

besides anything that they attempt to pass Pres Obama will veto. they only have 2/3 of the vote.

Why nothing important happens when 1 party has total control surprises me, but I guess they don't want to mess anything up and take the blame.

I am rather conservative in my views, but how the reps want to "reduce" government will/can not work. The Dems want to create a committee on everything and employ more and more gov employees and have no way to cover the growing costs. Their answer is to print more money, to make up for the dept, which would create an insane inflation on the USD. or
Are you kidding me?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? Healthcare was **Filtered** by Obamacare, and debt was over doubled. Do you even?

Reps haven't had all three in QUITE a while. Do you even know Politics my friend? Under Bush jr, Dems had senate, under bush sn we had it, but that was over 2 decades ago, not recent by any means. Then NAFTA ruined our surplus, thank Clinton.
Master Rahl
Forum Regular

Moriarty wrote:
Master Rahl wrote:

Are you kidding me?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? Healthcare was **Filtered** by Obamacare, and debt was over doubled. Do you even?

Reps haven't had all three in QUITE a while. Do you even know Politics my friend? Under Bush jr, Dems had senate, under bush sn we had it, but that was over 2 decades ago, not recent by any means. Then NAFTA ruined our surplus, thank Clinton.
sorry I was going off memory.
1 party having majority in house/senate+pres
Dem 2009-2011
Rep 2003-2007.
Dem 93-95
Dem 77-81

You know how many of those bills would have been passed anyway? Neither party is for "the people". Mit Rommey had a "health care" bill enacted. He was rep. That what this current bill is losly based on, with an extra few THOUSAND pages added.

(ps Busch sr had dem senate and house entire term)
Spoiler
ImageImage
Kikaz
For the Lulz
Alliance: Jötunheim
Race: Lulz
ID: 3471
Alternate name(s): Misery

uspolitics.about.com/od/usgovernment/l/bl_party_division_2.htm
Quotes
Meanwhile in MaYHeM
Duderanch wrote:And so it would come to pass, in December of 2012 the war between the ponies and the pandas broke out..it lasted 21 days, the result? Armagedon.
Noobert wrote:Kikaz scares me at times, and he's in my own alliance.
Dr. House wrote:I HAVE THE POWER! The power to warn, and I will **Filtered** use it too.
Kateaclysmic wrote: I thought you loved me, Kikaz. I'm getting an abortion.
Sarevok wrote:
Kikaz wrote:Ridiculous.
Congrats on the most constructive post ever...
Affirmation wrote: And Speaking of bad boys (the baddest)... Kikaz is right, Q is a family, and Affy is the love child of Kikaz and Kateaclysmic!! That is right... I am NOT AN ABORTION... but she never nursed me and Kikaz stopped being a terrible father figure to Affy years ago... Family - HA... Affy's old arse...[-X

Where is the love Kikaz??? WHERE IS THE LOVE (Dad... :smt047 ) ??? [-(
I creep though shadows
I rise up at night
I live just inside you
And give you a terrible fright
I walk through the darkness
I lurk under your bed
I live in your wardrobe
I creep up in the shed.
I tiptoe through the corridor
I follow you anywhere
I rip your braveness apart
And never ever care
I am fear so don't come near..
2007 Quantum Player of the Year Runner-up - 2011 Villian of the Year - 2012 Hall of Fame - 2012 Quantum Player of the Year Runner-up - Leader and Co-founder of the 2014 Alliance of the Year
Ryuujin Jakka
Forum Addict
Alliance: Ghost Riders 2ic Diplo
Race: System Overlord
ID: 1976503
Alternate name(s): Al Capone / ~Ryuujin Jakka~

does it really matter ? **Filtered** all changes no matter whos in charge its all about who can charge more taxes and hide it better

:smt043 :smt043 :smt043 :smt043 :smt043 :smt043 :smt043
Field Marshall wrote: Ryu - Legend, best of the best...you're sick...and I hate your 5T MS! < in 2010 when the closes MS at the time was 2.8 T , shortly after i hit 7Trill and then 8tms (Long before the MS HUGE Buff Update !) and the next closest was just barely over 3T at the time it took many years and that mouthership to go untouched as rank 1 without any upgrades at all before ETL finally caught up to it and then a couple of others eventually while it sat reletively untouched for years , yet still to this day that account remains competitive with a great ms , under Drah's command. Many say i Pioneered the current MS Meta , which is both cool and i regret because ms's are insane these days lol !
~Belsamber~ wrote:Borek and Ryu for SGW guru's post are like mangasms, they're that good.
Moriarty
Forum Irregular

Master Rahl
Forum Regular

*most dominate* not majority.
Spoiler
ImageImage
Mordack
The Spider
ID: 8500

Honours and Awards

Legendary Apophis wrote:Haters gonna hate:

Speaking as a long-time observer of American politics, it's those three facts which I think are the most significant in these elections.

The GOP in the US has the same electoral problem which, albeit to a much lesser extent, the Conservative party here in the UK has. Namely that they are failing to appeal to, or make inroads into, the BME vote (black, minority and ethnic).

Twenty years ago you could get a majority of the votes of the white people and win fairly comfortably. This becomes increasingly less possible with each subsequent elections as minorities make up a fast growing proportion of the population. If the Democrats in the US and Labour in the UK continue to 'own' those votes, then their rivals will become a defunct political force as the 21st century progresses.

All this is rather weird because a lot of BME people, especially immigrants, tend to hold what are often thought of as 'traditional conservatives values.' Hard work, boot straps, small business, etc.

Is this the GOP making a genuine effort to connect with a US which has changed demographically, or are they merely the recipients of an anti-incumbency backlash? I'd say the signs are encouraging for them, especially if they listen to people like Jeb Bush who relied on the Hispanic vote to become Governor of Florida. Interesting times indeed.
"I bet you thought you'd seen the last of me.."

(TB)

Return to “This, That, Those, and Them”