Stargate Atlantis - fake aerial shot in series

A place general forum talk, not related to ingame discussions.
Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Lone wolf
Race: Slovenian
ID: 82089

Stargate Atlantis - fake aerial shot in series

Guess what I've just discovered while creating a 3D model of the city. Probably the only time we see Atlantis from a completely top view, the city is changed big time.
In the episode where the Replicators attack Atlantis and where they fly off to a new planet, just before the laser beam hits the city, we see a top view of the city rising.

Notice the amount of blank space through which we can see the water below? Usually there are at least a dozen buildings there. Not in this shot, though - the gap is still there but nowhere near as big. If it hadn't been changed for this shot specifically, we'd have seen barely any water.

I realize this might be a completely irrelevant information for some of you, but I just thought it might be an interesting fact for some of you die hard fans of the series like me.

PS: In case any of you are interested in getting your hands on the 3D model once it's finished, let me know and we can work something out. If you have access to a 3D printer you could also print it out. The city is not finished yet, I am still in the modelling phase, so renders won't be available yet, I'll have to texture and light everything up and whatnot.. but anyway, if you're interested let me know.

~N
Haz wrote:It took a bit of time, but the investigation has now been completed.
S1eepy will be banned for scripting, for the remainder of this era.
Name: S1eepy [ TheCheekyChickens ]
{Banned}
2012 Awards awarded to me:
Spoiler

Return to “This, That, Those, and Them”