Holiday Cease Fire - NO WAR's

Forum for all general ingame discussion.
Rabbid Thom
Wascawwy Wabbit
Alliance: General - Battle/FAQ Mods
Race: Rabbid
ID: 7905

Re: Holiday Cease Fire - NO WAR's

like all Christianity festivals it started as a pagan festival

Christmas was originally the holiday of Saturnalia (Roman Pagan festival) 17th to the 25th dec were the law ceased to have power during that time

up until the 4CE then it in essance became Christmas in an effort to covert the pagan to Christianity
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie
ID: 0

Rabbid Thom wrote:like all Christianity festivals it started as a pagan festival

Christmas was originally the holiday of Saturnalia (Roman Pagan festival) 17th to the 25th dec were the law ceased to have power during that time

up until the 4CE then it in essance became Christmas in an effort to covert the pagan to Christianity

Further back mate,,allot further back.

"What I want to see is a tight knit group not a collection of people pulling in different directions"
Deni
Clarkey
Multi Hunter

Honours and Awards

Let's face it the majority of people worldwide celebrate Christmas because it's Christmas and not because of anything religious or historic. Didn't say all, but majority. If you don't believe that then you are fooling yourself.
Image ImageImageImage
Richard B Riddick
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: THE DARK DOMINIUM™
Race: Furyan
Alternate name(s): TheFlash4
The Balance of Judgement
Howling Mad Murdock
~Guerrero~

Clarkey wrote:
~BrunoDaOzzy~ wrote:It was just an idea , you don't have to bite me.. unless your a sexy female then you can do more then that.......
haha I've been in a war free zone for 5 months! @SS :smt019

i got ya beat ^^ 6 months for me MWA HA HA HA

anywho....

this argument is retarded on all fronts. and bunch of people just getting pissed. and besides, ppt was put in place for this type of reason.

yes, even though christmas is supposed to be a christian thing (at this point in time meant to celebrate the birth of christ who was not actually born on that day, but is off of the pegan holiday) it has grown more towards being a market thing where people buy gifts for each other and be with their family than a christian holiday (hell, most of my atheist friends do a lot more for it than me and my other christian friends). and why are people getting angry, i mean really. this is probably about the stupidest reason to get angry about, whenever i see this argument come up in real life it makes me laugh.
Spoiler
Reborn wrote:On 3/3/14, at 12:17 PM, Reborn wrote:
> it is b/s though prep time is meant to b prep your accounts for war
On 3/3/14, at 12:18 PM, Reborn wrote:
> not hi "stick a thumb up your ass for 4 hrs and w8"
Clarkey
Multi Hunter

Honours and Awards

Whenever religion is involved some people tend to get tetchy easily. One reason why i'm extremely glad i'm not a bit religious.
Image ImageImageImage
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Nay.
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie

TheFlash4 wrote:
Clarkey wrote:
~BrunoDaOzzy~ wrote:It was just an idea , you don't have to bite me.. unless your a sexy female then you can do more then that.......

anywho....

this argument is retarded on all fronts. and bunch of people just getting pissed. and besides, ppt was put in place for this type i reason.

yes, even though christmas is supposed to be a christian thing (at this point in time meant to celebrate the birth of christ who was not actually born on that day, but is off of the pegan holiday) it has grown more towards being a market thing where people buy gifts for each other and be with their family than a christian holiday (hell, most of my atheist friends do a lot more for it than me and my other christian friends). and why are people getting angry, i mean really. this is probably about the stupidest reason to get angry about, whenever i see this argument come up in real life it makes me laugh.

Yea..I am always curious as to how many or who know where it actually started, just for duscussion sake...me and my fam are christian..we do celebrate the holiday because its tradition..but we do not celebrate it as Christ's birthday...as a matter of fact the only celebration we are to have...according to the good book is........onto trivia, 5 tril naq to the one that gets 2trivia questions right......

#1- where did the celebration of the holiday we now know as christmas began?
Hint..it predates the church age and the Roman empire

#2- In Christendom, what event are Christians to observe/celebrate?
Hint..there is only 1, and it is not a holiday

"What I want to see is a tight knit group not a collection of people pulling in different directions"
Deni
Richard B Riddick
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: THE DARK DOMINIUM™
Race: Furyan
Alternate name(s): TheFlash4
The Balance of Judgement
Howling Mad Murdock
~Guerrero~

winter solstice (shortest day of year) though thats the 21st
easter, resurrection of christ
Spoiler
Reborn wrote:On 3/3/14, at 12:17 PM, Reborn wrote:
> it is b/s though prep time is meant to b prep your accounts for war
On 3/3/14, at 12:18 PM, Reborn wrote:
> not hi "stick a thumb up your ass for 4 hrs and w8"
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie

TheFlash4 wrote:winter solstice (shortest day of year) though thats the 21st

Bzzzzzzzzt..nope not it.

Actually I apologize for taking Bruno's thread down this road..perhaps a mod can split and make a topic titled JT' holiday trivia :-D

Deni
Mathlord
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Tauri Alliance
Race: Tollan
ID: 12759

Happy RamaHanuKwanzMas!
Spoiler

13:38 General Zeus Sabotage Repelled 377,977,330 details

The forces of simpson_eh fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 305,393,963,879,000 damage on Mathlord's forces!
They managed to eradicate 4,635,986 of Mathlord's troops.
---
The forces of simpson_eh fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 12 damage on Mathlord's forces!
They managed to eradicate 0 of Mathlord's troops.
~Drunken Master~
Forum Regular
Race: Drunken

Jedi~Tank wrote:
TheFlash4 wrote:winter solstice (shortest day of year) though thats the 21st

Bzzzzzzzzt..nope not it.

Actually I apologize for taking Bruno's thread down this road..perhaps a mod can split and make a topic titled JT' holiday trivia :-D

You to sexy JT.... Take the thread where ever you want.. You my hero
Spoiler
Spoiler
Legendary Apophis
Forum History
Alliance: Generations
Race: System Lord
ID: 7889
Alternate name(s): Apophis the Great

TheFlash4 wrote:this argument is retarded on all fronts. and bunch of people just getting pissed. and besides, ppt was put in place for this type of reason.

So true! :-D
Spoiler

Incarnate - LG - LG1 - LG2 - LG3 - LG4 - AG - EAG ~ AGoL - Completed
Spoiler
<Dmonix> Damnit Jim how come every conversation with you always ends up discussing something deep and meaningful?
<Dmonix> We always end up discussing male/female differences or politics or football
<Dmonix> All the really important issues in life
Lithium
Forum Zombie
Alliance: The Pirate's Panties
Race: Pirate

Jedi~Tank wrote:
TheFlash4 wrote:
Clarkey wrote:

anywho....

this argument is retarded on all fronts. and bunch of people just getting pissed. and besides, ppt was put in place for this type i reason.

Yea..I am always curious as to how many or who know where it actually started, just for duscussion sake...me and my fam are christian..we do celebrate the holiday because its tradition..but we do not celebrate it as Christ's birthday...as a matter of fact the only celebration we are to have...according to the good book is........onto trivia, 5 tril naq to the one that gets 2trivia questions right......

1- Christ-mass is associated at Saturnalia Festival that was the most important event or feast of pagans in Rome, the feast day was in 17 dec, later on 23 dec some unofficial festive days were added.
“Christmas…was not observed in the first centuries of the Christian church, since the Christian usage in general was to celebrate the death of remarkable persons rather than their birth…a feast was established in memory of this event [Christ’s birth] in the 4th century. In the 5th century the Western church ordered the feast to be celebrated on the day of the Mithraic rites of the birth of the sun and at the close of the Saturnalia, as no certain knowledge of the day of Christ’s birth existed.”

2- All christian religious feast are related to the Christ life. they start whith his birthday (which no one knows even as a year figure out as a day) , the first records starts from Jesus baptism and continue...
The most two important are his birth and his resurrection from crucifixion (eastern).
celebrating birthdays comes from Egypt and Jews as only Pharaohs were celebrating their birthday. Also his resurrection is a feast even tho orthodox and catholic have two diff dates.
so i think its the day of his death... the Memorial of Christ's Death, which falls around Good Friday each year.

aye broker em now :)

on a side note from the little i ve read about the christian religion i can truly say that was a mistake. they transformed the little truth left from the god/s to their advantage in controlling the masses of population. a lot of history was cleaned and replaced which we are hardly discovering nowadays. i cant imagine the cleanup they did in East and Americas.
Previously on GateWars Forum
The orgin of Guild
Spoiler
Lithium wrote:he was talkin bout me and remembering the days i was massing him wit one finger ;)
Guild wrote:is that the same finger you stick up your bum ? :smt060
Lithium wrote:no its the one who gave u life ;)
Field Marshall wrote:Lith put his finger up his bum and Guild arrived? :smt017
I wish that was genuinely true :)
Lithium wrote:oooo why there isnt any emo for this one , id have dropped of chair dead :smt042
MajorLeeHurts wrote:
Lithium wrote:oooo why there isnt any emo for this one , id have dropped of chair dead :smt042
Agreed that was the funnies **Filtered** ive read here!
Im sure JT is enjoying this thread , if he isnt hes in a coma !
Feedback Me
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 8&t=101259
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie

Lithium wrote:
Jedi~Tank wrote:
TheFlash4 wrote:
Clarkey wrote:

anywho....

1- Christ-mass is associated at Saturnalia Festival that was the most important event or feast of pagans in Rome, the feast day was in 17 dec, later on 23 dec some unofficial festive days were added.
“Christmas…was not observed in the first centuries of the Christian church, since the Christian usage in general was to celebrate the death of remarkable persons rather than their birth…a feast was established in memory of this event [Christ’s birth] in the 4th century. In the 5th century the Western church ordered the feast to be celebrated on the day of the Mithraic rites of the birth of the sun and at the close of the Saturnalia, as no certain knowledge of the day of Christ’s birth existed.”

2- All christian religious feast are related to the Christ life. they start whith his birthday (which no one knows even as a year figure out as a day) , the first records starts from Jesus baptism and continue...
The most two important are his birth and his resurrection from crucifixion (eastern).
celebrating birthdays comes from Egypt and Jews as only Pharaohs were celebrating their birthday. Also his resurrection is a feast even tho orthodox and catholic have two diff dates.
so i think its the day of his death... the Memorial of Christ's Death, which falls around Good Friday each year.

aye broker em now :)

on a side note from the little i ve read about the christian religion i can truly say that was a mistake. they transformed the little truth left from the god/s to their advantage in controlling the masses of population. a lot of history was cleaned and replaced which we are hardly discovering nowadays. i cant imagine the cleanup they did in East and Americas.

Nice try, but way too recent mate. Hint...it all predates the Roman Empire, which predates the church age.

Deni
Loki™
Forum Elder
Alliance: Jötunheim
Race: System Lord
ID: 41339
Alternate name(s): Lloth, Sargonnas, D4ywalk3r

Christians replaced a pagan holiday with their own. So what? :neutral:
Spoiler

And Loki saw every thing that he had farmed, and, behold, it was very good.
Spoiler
George Hazard says:
thats what happens, HVE takes your soul and gives you an awesome high
when you leave, you can't live without it
ImageImage

The forces of Loki™ rush in full force, and inflict 1,086,054,534,340,000 damage on Pooop's forces!
It was confirmed that 12,620,737 of Pooop's forces fell at the hands of Loki™'s assult.

The forces of Pooop fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 481,837,854,506,000 damage on Loki™'s forces!
They managed to eradicate 1,988,050 of Loki™'s troops.

Return to “StarGateWars General”