Holiday Cease Fire - NO WAR's

Forum for all general ingame discussion.
Lithium
Forum Zombie
Alliance: The Pirate's Panties
Race: Pirate
ID: 0

Re: Holiday Cease Fire - NO WAR's

well then yr question is
where did the celebration of the holiday we now know as christmas began?

and it asks for the connection from where Christmas is connected to another festival or fest.

since the birth of Jesus cant be known then that date was placed as a feast in the end day of saturnalia pagan fest, perhaps to get more followers somehow.

now yr hints are not related to the question , because if its not during the religion age (which is normal) and Roman empire (here it mess up because it means theres no connection between the christian christmas fest and any ancient fest prior to roman empire) , remember that the rman empire are quite ancient.
Previously on GateWars Forum
The orgin of Guild
Spoiler
Lithium wrote:he was talkin bout me and remembering the days i was massing him wit one finger ;)
Guild wrote:is that the same finger you stick up your bum ? :smt060
Lithium wrote:no its the one who gave u life ;)
Field Marshall wrote:Lith put his finger up his bum and Guild arrived? :smt017
I wish that was genuinely true :)
Lithium wrote:oooo why there isnt any emo for this one , id have dropped of chair dead :smt042
MajorLeeHurts wrote:
Lithium wrote:oooo why there isnt any emo for this one , id have dropped of chair dead :smt042
Agreed that was the funnies **Filtered** ive read here!
Im sure JT is enjoying this thread , if he isnt hes in a coma !
Feedback Me
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 8&t=101259
Legendary Apophis
Forum History
Alliance: Generations
Race: System Lord
ID: 7889
Alternate name(s): Apophis the Great

Rather funny how the proposal of a Cease Fire in game, based on the idea of the cease fire that happened during WW1 between armed forces, turned into arguing about the origins of Christmas. :-k
Spoiler

Incarnate - LG - LG1 - LG2 - LG3 - LG4 - AG - EAG ~ AGoL - Completed
Spoiler
<Dmonix> Damnit Jim how come every conversation with you always ends up discussing something deep and meaningful?
<Dmonix> We always end up discussing male/female differences or politics or football
<Dmonix> All the really important issues in life
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie

Lithium wrote:well then yr question is

and it asks for the connection from where Christmas is connected to another festival or fest.

since the birth of Jesus cant be known then that date was placed as a feast in the end day of saturnalia pagan fest, perhaps to get more followers somehow.

now yr hints are not related to the question , because if its not during the religion age (which is normal) and Roman empire (here it mess up because it means theres no connection between the christian christmas fest and any ancient fest prior to roman empire) , remember that the rman empire are quite ancient.

Another hint, it predates the persian empire.

"What I want to see is a tight knit group not a collection of people pulling in different directions"
Deni
Lithium
Forum Zombie

ill look for it but what ever it could be then it cant be the answer of yr question

"where did the celebration of the holiday we now know as christmas began?"

since it has nothing to do with Christmas.
The orgin of Guild
Spoiler
Lithium wrote:he was talkin bout me and remembering the days i was massing him wit one finger ;)
MajorLeeHurts wrote:
Feedback Me
harchester
Forum History
Alliance: Ricos Roughnecks

~BrunoDaOzzy~ wrote:I think we should implement a GW wide NO WAR policy during the Christmas and New Year Holiday Periods....

I think maybe from the 22nd of December until the 5th of January of every year

For this topic Ricos will have a new adventure... :smt025
Even if you hear a bad story about me, Understand that there was a time I was good to those people to, But they won’t tell you that...
Loki™
Forum Elder
Alliance: Jötunheim
Race: System Lord
ID: 41339
Alternate name(s): Lloth, Sargonnas, D4ywalk3r

Lithium wrote:ill look for it but what ever it could be then it cant be the answer of yr question

"where did the celebration of the holiday we now know as christmas began?"

since it has nothing to do with Christmas.

Kinda agree with you since christmas just took the place of that pagan celebration. Doesn't mean they are related in any way.
Spoiler

And Loki saw every thing that he had farmed, and, behold, it was very good.
Spoiler
George Hazard says:
thats what happens, HVE takes your soul and gives you an awesome high
when you leave, you can't live without it
ImageImage

The forces of Loki™ rush in full force, and inflict 1,086,054,534,340,000 damage on Pooop's forces!
It was confirmed that 12,620,737 of Pooop's forces fell at the hands of Loki™'s assult.

The forces of Pooop fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 481,837,854,506,000 damage on Loki™'s forces!
They managed to eradicate 1,988,050 of Loki™'s troops.
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie

This is not an argument, this is an intruging discussion, if it is too touchy then do not participate or request it be locked. I am simply interested to see if folks know where this is derived..some answers are correct in that it was pagan turned christian at a point in time, but those answers are for another question such as "When did the church slap thier tag on the celebration" But the holiday itself began somewre long long ago, and my question is "Where" did this come from.

"What I want to see is a tight knit group not a collection of people pulling in different directions"
Deni
Coulson
Forum Regular
Alliance: S.H.I.E.L.D.
Race: Human
ID: 75836

A Christian might say it goes back all the way to the Fall of Man and Gods decision to offer mankind redemption through Christ.

That'd predate almost everything, from a creationsits's perspective.
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie

Stuart Gordon wrote:A Christian might say it goes back all the way to the Fall of Man and Gods decision to offer mankind redemption through Christ.

That'd predate almost everything, from a creationsits's perspective.

Nice, a little too far back tho..move forward a bit.

Deni
Lithium
Forum Zombie

then its the solstice feast, although the solstice is actually around the 22nd, the elevation of the sun's path is most noticeable a few days after the Solstice, so many celebrations are held on the 25th.
In addition to ancient Solstice celebrations, December 25th marks the births of many ancient Pagan Gods. I.E.- Mithras, Attis, Osiris, Dionysus and is also the date of the Sun-God celebration of Saturnalia.
Wiccans feast the Yule at that date
The orgin of Guild
Spoiler
MajorLeeHurts wrote:
Feedback Me
ƒëmmë
Forum Elite
Alternate name(s): ƒëmmë ƒatalë
temptress
cleo_catra

To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence;
supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
-Sun Tzu, the Art of War
31/07/2012 6:13:16 AM Hope Light ID's mean nothing imo if you can back yourself up.
31/07/2012 6:13:22 AM Hope Light only **Filtered** hide them.
Be careful who you trust, even the devil was once an angel
veritas vos liberabit
Forums own rules
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 7#p2510387
Spoiler
Section Admins - who will be 'in charge' of the section in question. They will be responsible for the overall feel of the section, the setup/structure, and most importantly the community/users in the section. This will incorporate the old 'ombudsman' role. And insofar as the Section Admin is responsible for the users, they are also responsible for the high level mod behaviour towards the users.
So -as a user - if you have an issue with how you are treated, rules, bans, whatever --goto the section admin... They are there for you!

There is no 'reporting structure' in this setup -- tech, mod, and section admins are all on equal footing, each with their own (somewhat overlapping) responsibilities.
Mods report directly to the mod admin, and indirectly to the section admin for the section in which they mod.
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie

seraphim wrote:http://www.hope-of-israel.org/cmas1.htm

Thats way too recent...

Deni
Psyko
The Irresistible

Jedi~Tank wrote:

If it predates the Persian Empire, then I would have to assume it is the Babylonian's celebration for Nimrod ( :lol: name makes me laugh every time) as the sun god. Many many many cultures in the area consider that time of year to be the birth of the sun (ie, Unconquered Sun) and/or the Sun God. Babylon did it first, though.
愛美
Section Admin of
General and the GC
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie

Psyko wrote:
Jedi~Tank wrote:

If it predates the Persian Empire, then I would have to assume it is the Babylonian's celebration for Nimrod ( :lol: name makes me laugh every time) as the sun god. Many many many cultures in the area consider that time of year to be the birth of the sun (ie, Unconquered Sun) and/or the Sun God. Babylon did it first, though.

:-D cha-ching

Also known as the Mother/Child cult whereas Semirimas was the virgin queen that gave birth to the god child of whom was also her husband. The tree adornment and other things was scooped right up by the supposed christian church and incorporated babylonian paganism into its practice and called it "christian" when in fact no such practice was ever condoned by any biblical teaching by God or Christ or any of the writers of the bible.

Deni
Lithium
Forum Zombie

"His name is Nimrod, It means ‘the rebel,’
and is evidently meant to designate the nature
of the man. He was the first specimen of giant
tyranny after the flood. His Defiance of Jehovah
was perpetrated in wickedness and ambition under
the very eye of Jehovah. Nimrod's assumptions were
religious as well as political. Nimrod presented
himself not only for obedience but also for worship.
His awful greatness was of ambitious rebellion,
apostasy and defiance of Jehovah. And as it was Babel
that was the beginning of his empire, so is ‘Babylon the great’
its consummation and close."
-Nimrod
by Horatius Bonar
1808-1889

recently i herd theres a petition against the christmas event , follow link below

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/RESTOR ... TO-PAGANS/
The orgin of Guild
Spoiler
MajorLeeHurts wrote:
Feedback Me

Return to “StarGateWars General”