Photobucket and Signatures

for FORUM issues, complaints, requests, bugs, etc - - not game related...
Support
Site Admin
ID: 0
Alternate name(s): Juliette

Photobucket and Signatures

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2017/06/3 ... party_pgs/

Hi everyone, you may have started noticing signatures 'breaking' (or rather displaying a photobucket default 'warning against linking'). Basically, in order to use photobucket-hosted images elsewhere (including GW, but also your alliance forums), they require you to pay 400$ a year. Ridiculous, of course.
The above article tells you more about this scurrilous practice.

Personally, I am fond of imgur.com, a site that (for now) still does what photobucket once did. I recommend downloading your pictures from Photobucket and setting up an imgur.com account.

Photobucket-links will soon be removed from all signatures, as they are breaking the forum's look.

Kind regards,
Support
dark lord tacoma
Forum Elite
Alliance: ROT
Race: System Lord
ID: 1991753
Alternate name(s): *~Thoth~

Re: Photobucket and Signatures

Wow that's a real bullet in there own foot from photobucket
"Play the game for more than you can afford to lose... only then will you learn the game."
Winston Churchill
Tek wrote: Your're attempting to gain a steady footing, on a moral highground made of rice pudding.

You have started playing at 15:46:39 on 29. August 2008
Eärendil wrote:I am going to mass them all
Legendary Apophis
Forum History
Alliance: Generations
Race: System Lord
ID: 7889
Alternate name(s): Apophis the Great

This is the second mass extinction of sigs and graphics forum/blog content, after Imageshack changed its address from .us to .com few years ago.
Spoiler

Incarnate - LG - LG1 - LG2 - LG3 - LG4 - AG - EAG ~ AGoL - Completed
Spoiler
<Dmonix> Damnit Jim how come every conversation with you always ends up discussing something deep and meaningful?
<Dmonix> We always end up discussing male/female differences or politics or football
<Dmonix> All the really important issues in life
Support
Site Admin
Alternate name(s): Juliette

Yes, although this is relatively easy to remedy (no need to go link-hunting like with Imageshack). As album owner, you are still able to see and download your images.
If you happen to be looking for a solution, you can try this: go to photobucket, download all your images, and host them elsewhere. :)

Regardless, it is a shame and a somewhat strange decision by them.

Legendary Apophis wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:38 am This is the second mass extinction of sigs and graphics forum/blog content, after Imageshack changed its address from .us to .com few years ago.
Psi Kiya Trist
The Timeless One
ID: 4266

Honours and Awards

And with this, I have now deleted both of my photobucket accounts, because they're useless.

RIP:
buck wrote:well psi, upkeeping order in the universe does play its tricks on your mind...
pianomutt2000
Forum Newbie
Alternate name(s): Bill

Psi, you did good work.
Tok`ra
Forum Expert
Alliance: Olympus
Race: Tok`ra
ID: 38997

Ohhhhhh I forgot all about Photobucket, I wonder what mine has, of it exists still.
Bad Wolf wrote:Tok`ra YOU ARE BANNED FROM THESE FORUMS STOP POSTING.
Ferra wrote: Oh **Filtered** a wild tokra
Ferra wrote:your brutally honest and morally sound
Support wrote:I still find myself occasionally just .. glibly concluding that I'm talking to one of the (if not the) biggest trolls of SGW. :P
~Odin~
Alföðr
Alliance: The Collective
Race: International Pimp

Please peeps convert over to imgur for sigs or remove the photobucket ones as they are clogging up the forums and lets not forget that there is a rule in place for sig size and I don't personally wanna have to enforce it in the market place if I dont have to. I know it may seem like a pain to do however I did it and it took me maybe 10mins tops to do.
The forces of harchester fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 145,573,411,725,000 damage
The forces of harchester fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 3 damage
TGW Annual Community Awards 2014/2015
Spoiler
Tok`ra
Forum Expert

~Odin~ wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:22 pm Please peeps convert over to imgur for sigs or remove the photobucket ones as they are clogging up the forums and lets not forget that there is a rule in place for sig size and I don't personally wanna have to enforce it in the market place if I dont have to. I know it may seem like a pain to do however I did it and it took me maybe 10mins tops to do.

It's not exactly hard to do....

And it's not like people haven't had warning.
Support wrote:I still find myself occasionally just .. glibly concluding that I'm talking to one of the (if not the) biggest trolls of SGW. :P
~Odin~
Alföðr

Tok`ra wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:35 pm
~Odin~ wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:22 pm Please peeps convert over to imgur for sigs or remove the photobucket ones as they are clogging up the forums and lets not forget that there is a rule in place for sig size and I don't personally wanna have to enforce it in the market place if I dont have to. I know it may seem like a pain to do however I did it and it took me maybe 10mins tops to do.

It's not exactly hard to do....

And it's not like people haven't had warning.
Odin approves this message :)
The forces of harchester fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 145,573,411,725,000 damage
The forces of harchester fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 3 damage
Spoiler
Tok`ra
Forum Expert

Agreeing with the mods on this board feels really weird btw :p
~Odin~
Alföðr

Tok`ra wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:43 am Agreeing with the mods on this board feels really weird btw :p
Do I make you feel dirty baby? :p

On a serious note, Verbal warnings have started to be handed out, Please follow the instructions given. If you choose not to follow the instructions then you will be issued with a formal warning.
Spoiler
Quina Quen
Forum Addict
Alternate name(s): Diamond Dust

I found old pictures from the UK meet up in 2007 uploaded to imageshack still displaying fine on these boards. Gotta say, I was astounded actually.

But yes, all these broken photobucket images are very annoying. Especially yours Kikaz :smt064
The ascended entity formerly known as Diamond Dust
~nyx~
Forum Expert
Alternate name(s): CleoCatra, Temptress, Femme Fatale, Nyx, Cleo

now we have a new host for forum can't admin do the sig setting thing where sizes above a certain size can't be posted? I know some forums had that feature years ago surely this one does :smt017

(I've turned sigs off so I no longer see a heap of outdated photoshop ones and ones where spoiler no longer works :D
“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true;
the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
― Søren Kierkegaard

No one is more hated, than they that speak the truth ~Plato
SGW player since 11 Oct 2005 memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=5707
Ranger1
Forum Newbie

do we have a good sig maker yet. that can do a great sig under these peramiters

Return to “Forum Specific Issues/Requests/Bugs (NOT GAME ISSUES)”