Those of you who read the update logs will have gleaned this already.
To those who have not: We are moving! July 25th, 2017.
These times require a new platform on which the GateWars family can grow and continue its modernisation. With changing demands and increasing need for connectivity, Admin Jason and I decided to move to a new server. The process is outlined in the Updates page, here is a digest:
- The Forum will move from http://stargatewars.herebegames.com to https://talk.gatewa.rs
- All(!) games that are part of the GateWars family will move to their new https://*.gatewa.rs domains.
- Your bookmarks and (most) links will continue to work! We will use redirects to bring you exactly where you need to be. Unfortunately, we currently cannot guarantee this for any direct links to Forum thread/posts.
- This has been planned and thoroughly tested in advance of the 'live' migration.
The Forum is part of the second batch of migrations, with Origins taking the lead (migrated July 18th), along with various Dev environments (Main's Dev migrated 10 minutes ago). The Forum's migration will take place on July 25th, 2017, with an expected downtime of around 3 hours.
Main, Ascended and New Grounds will be migrated 'all at once' (in one period of downtime).
There is a future ahead for our GateWars community.
With a new home come some improvements to our look. For starters, the various games will be recognisable as part of the same game family. Colour codes and icons will help with this recognition.
In the logo above you can see the bright star of Main (or an explosion? War game!), the electric energy of Ascended, the new planet of New Grounds, the Origins' event horizon and Chaos' .. well .. 'chaos-like fractal thing'.
You will notice another change. When logging in to any of the servers, you are no longer required to enter the PIN. You can still log in using the PIN by using the "plain login" (available for your preferred game), but Google's Invisible reCaptcha is keeping watch over the front door. Taking out the PIN allows players to log in more smoothly.
Furthermore, and I promise, this post is almost done, you are all invited to adopt the theme "Style 2017". This new layout makes the game mobile-friendly(er) and adds functionality to pages, as well as introducing new features.
A guided tour will be available by the end of August, until then, feel free to try out and comment. You can change your Theme Choice preference to "Style 2017" from the preferences page.
- We are moving to a new domain. Forum first, games later this week.
- Your bookmarks will continue to work.