Next years 2017 awards

Forum for all general ingame discussion.
Tok`ra
Forum Expert
Alliance: Olympus
Race: Tok`ra
ID: 38997

Re: Next years 2017 awards

Semper wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:12 am Wow, new forum, not sure i'm a fan there Sup...(I also need to sort signatures out... gaaaadddd)

Anyway, we take a somewhat simple view to cheating. Cheating, if proven (very important point there) disqualifies one from an award based on achievement if that achievement was completed through cheating... ie. If you were given player of the year for having the strongest account but had used multiple, illegal, accounts to feed that account or had messed around with some hacking etc. It would not disqualify you from all of the awards as doing such may still qualify you for hero or villain (depending on public perceptions) or epic moment if that award ever makes a come back. Similar for scamming. We may change that approach depending on the severity or sentiment at the time.

As for creating multiple accounts to vote, you have to have a posting amount and we check. We check IP's of forum accounts relative to game accounts, post content, the works.

If you cheat the awards and are unfortunate to get caught, well, i'm a bit of a nasty pasty so you will get a ban from now until the end of time from the awards in addition to bans of varying length for both the forums and maybe even the game depending on how many souls I send to Support.

A rare moment folks, me and semper in agreement.
Bad Wolf wrote:Tok`ra YOU ARE BANNED FROM THESE FORUMS STOP POSTING.
Ferra wrote: Oh **Filtered** a wild tokra
Ferra wrote:your brutally honest and morally sound
Support wrote:I still find myself occasionally just .. glibly concluding that I'm talking to one of the (if not the) biggest trolls of SGW. :P
~Odin~
Alföðr
Alliance: The Collective
Race: International Pimp
ID: 0

Tok`ra wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:24 pm
Semper wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:12 am Wow, new forum, not sure i'm a fan there Sup...(I also need to sort signatures out... gaaaadddd)

Anyway, we take a somewhat simple view to cheating. Cheating, if proven (very important point there) disqualifies one from an award based on achievement if that achievement was completed through cheating... ie. If you were given player of the year for having the strongest account but had used multiple, illegal, accounts to feed that account or had messed around with some hacking etc. It would not disqualify you from all of the awards as doing such may still qualify you for hero or villain (depending on public perceptions) or epic moment if that award ever makes a come back. Similar for scamming. We may change that approach depending on the severity or sentiment at the time.

As for creating multiple accounts to vote, you have to have a posting amount and we check. We check IP's of forum accounts relative to game accounts, post content, the works.

If you cheat the awards and are unfortunate to get caught, well, i'm a bit of a nasty pasty so you will get a ban from now until the end of time from the awards in addition to bans of varying length for both the forums and maybe even the game depending on how many souls I send to Support.

A rare moment folks, me and semper in agreement.
I feel dirty lol
The forces of harchester fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 145,573,411,725,000 damage
The forces of harchester fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 3 damage
TGW Annual Community Awards 2014/2015
Spoiler
harbinger of death
Forum Newbie

but yet the cheaters r still here and yes i mean harcheater he had accounts banned but yet the cheat is still here buying accounts ruining the game untill people like harch and all his friends are banned for life the game will not attract new blood i ask the question if maybe some in admin are getting kick backs and if saying this gets my 2 accounts banned then i know its true
harchester
Forum History
Alliance: Ricos Roughnecks

Harch for president... don’t be jelly cause your dead alliance gets massed when they build summit...

Cryyyyyy me a riveeeeer mummies boy!!
Maybe ask her for a cuddle to keep you tears away... oh wait!.... :roll:
Even if you hear a bad story about me, Understand that there was a time I was good to those people to, But they won’t tell you that...
CC90
Forum Expert
Alliance: Endgame
Race: System Lord
ID: 666
Alternate name(s): The Millenium, ~CLOUD~, ~Ragnarok, OMA SEIKU

harbinger of death wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:52 am but yet the cheaters r still here and yes i mean harcheater he had accounts banned but yet the cheat is still here buying accounts ruining the game untill people like harch and all his friends are banned for life the game will not attract new blood i ask the question if maybe some in admin are getting kick backs and if saying this gets my 2 accounts banned then i know its true
Nothing to see here, move along.
Last edited by Clockwork on Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Warning issued for 5.b 5.c.
22:00:43 Colonel Jack Oneill -Rob Merkley: ok, Well there you have it I suck and am a noob, ill leave the fighting to you mightly mutha **Filtered**Image
harchester wrote: Harch - no more massing from me ;)
~Odin~
Alföðr
Alliance: The Collective
Race: International Pimp

now now kiddies play nice
The forces of harchester fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 145,573,411,725,000 damage
The forces of harchester fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 3 damage
TGW Annual Community Awards 2014/2015
Spoiler
Tetrismonkey
Forum Expert
Alliance: Leaf Village

I vote let's just ban Harch. Such a noob and a cheat! :smt050
Wonder why my post count is so low? Thats because I was deleted. Why you may ask?
Well, thats because I exposed the truth about Zeratul and Admin Jason had to cover it up.
harchester
Forum History

Tetrismonkey wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:49 pm I vote let's just ban Harch. Such a noob and a cheat! :smt050

Join the anti harch club, so many others have, I believe CC90 is the founder of the club but in recent months the member count has increased :smt043
Even if you hear a bad story about me, Understand that there was a time I was good to those people to, But they won’t tell you that...
Curumo
Forum Elite
Alliance: Naq Sellers Inc
ID: 1920808

Villain of the year 2017 will be a hard one ;) :smt050
harchester
Forum History

8-[
Psi Kiya Trist
The Timeless One
ID: 4266

Honours and Awards

Tetrismonkey wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:49 pm I vote let's just ban Harch. Such a noob and a cheat! :smt050
Last I checked we were in a benevolent dictatorship, not a democracy.
buck wrote:well psi, upkeeping order in the universe does play its tricks on your mind...
Tok`ra
Forum Expert
Alliance: Olympus
Race: Tok`ra
ID: 38997

Psi Kiya Trist wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:53 pm
Last I checked we were in a benevolent dictatorship, not a democracy.
The first two ombudsman elections beibg tossed due to a result the mods disliked was proof of that :
Bad Wolf wrote:Tok`ra YOU ARE BANNED FROM THESE FORUMS STOP POSTING.
Ferra wrote: Oh **Filtered** a wild tokra
Ferra wrote:your brutally honest and morally sound
Support wrote:I still find myself occasionally just .. glibly concluding that I'm talking to one of the (if not the) biggest trolls of SGW. :P
~nyx~
Forum Expert
Alternate name(s): CleoCatra, Temptress, Femme Fatale, Nyx, Cleo

hope there is a fairest and best award, too many contenders for villain.
“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true;
the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
― Søren Kierkegaard

No one is more hated, than they that speak the truth ~Plato
SGW player since 11 Oct 2005 memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=5707
Tetrismonkey
Forum Expert
Alliance: Leaf Village

In all seriousness, if your caught cheating you should be banned from the game and ineligible for any awards along with all awards prior stripped as well. Set the stage for the future right, don't muck it up like the NFL does and change its stance every other week.
Wonder why my post count is so low? Thats because I was deleted. Why you may ask?
Well, thats because I exposed the truth about Zeratul and Admin Jason had to cover it up.
dark lord tacoma
Forum Elite
Alliance: ROT
ID: 1991753
Alternate name(s): *~Thoth~

I always considered villain someone who did something bad ingame but not cheating, for example switched sides in a war, told people that a alliance mate had duals out or when someone’s ppt ends, infiltrates a enemy’s alliance leadership that sort of thing
"Play the game for more than you can afford to lose... only then will you learn the game."
Winston Churchill
Tek wrote: Your're attempting to gain a steady footing, on a moral highground made of rice pudding.

You have started playing at 15:46:39 on 29. August 2008
Eärendil wrote:I am going to mass them all

Return to “StarGateWars General”