Final Countdown

Forum for all general ingame discussion.
Infinity
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: Endgame

Final Countdown

GW forum is dead, naq is being sold under 10$/quad, and game server is alive because of financial support from old but loyal players. Admin is unresponsive and not doing anything to attract newbies and it looks like she's given up.

Some of old players are dropping financial support and it's hard to recruit newbies to play a text based rpg in 2019, and even if that wasn't an issue, they would spend 2 years playing to be competitive, if they had our experience.

We all enjoyed this game for over dozen years, and we shall continue to enjoy it's final months.
harchester
Forum History
Alliance: Ricos Roughnecks

Re: Final Countdown

:-D
Even if you hear a bad story about me, Understand that there was a time I was good to those people to, But they won’t tell you that...
~nyx~
Forum Expert
Alternate name(s): CleoCatra, Temptress, Femme Fatale, Nyx, Cleo

will never be what it was post 2010
“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true;
the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
― Søren Kierkegaard

No one is more hated, than they that speak the truth ~Plato
SGW player since 11 Oct 2005 memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=5707
Infinity
Forum Intermediate

You're right.

I forgot to merlin (10) duals. Nobody took the honor to take them. I'm afraid the situation is worse than I thought. I old days i'd lose them If I was 10 minutes late.
harchester
Forum History

Infinity wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 1:47 pm You're right.

I forgot to merlin (10) duals. Nobody took the honor to take them. I'm afraid the situation is worse than I thought. I old days i'd lose them If I was 10 minutes late.
Just don’t take planets from friends...
Even if you hear a bad story about me, Understand that there was a time I was good to those people to, But they won’t tell you that...
semper
The sharp-tongued devil you can't seem to forget...
Race: God
ID: 0

Yes, well, one does tend to have to evolve or fall into irrelevance and ultimately fade away.

I don't know for sure, but there was a good deal of money thrown into this game back in the day and we really enjoyed all the reinvestment and development so that the game continued to present a new and inspiring challenge whilst remaining relevant in a continuously advancing digital and graphical age so that it could ultimately remain a worthwhile cash cow for the developers and nice place with a decent community. ;)
Accolades/Titles:
Spoiler
Started Playing: April 2005
Honours (5): Hall of Fame 2009. Annual Awards Host 2008, 2009, 2013, 2014 and 2015.
Winner (12): RP'er of the Year 2008, Runner Up Poster of the Year 2008, Debater of the Year 2008, War of the Year 2008, Poster of the Year 2009, Alliance of the Year 2009 (Nemesis Sect, Creator), Alliance War of the Year 2009 (Nempire vs Mayhem, Instigator), RP'er Runner Up 2009, Knew You'd Be Back 2010, Conflict of the Decade (FUALL v TF), Conflict of the Decade Runner Up (Ga vs TF), Alliance of the Decade (TDD).
Nominated (8): Writer of the year 2007, Avatar of the Year 2007, Poster of the Year 2007, Villain of the Year 2008, Player Sig 2008, Race Player of the Year 2009, Most Missed 2010, Alliance Leadership 2010, Most Missed 2011.
Commands (3): Supreme System Lord 2008, 2010, 2011 and 2012. System Lord Council 2006 - present. Dark Lord and Emperor of the Nempire 2009 - 2011.
Alliances (9): DDE, EA, OSL, TFUR, DDEII, AI, RM, WoB, Nemesis.
Forum Roles (4): Former Misc GM, Race Mod (Goa'uld), Debate forum patriarch and mod.
Lajh
Forum Regular

Semper wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:45 am Yes, well, one does tend to have to evolve or fall into irrelevance and ultimately fade away.

I don't know for sure, but there was a good deal of money thrown into this game back in the day and we really enjoyed all the reinvestment and development so that the game continued to present a new and inspiring challenge whilst remaining relevant in a continuously advancing digital and graphical age so that it could ultimately remain a worthwhile cash cow for the developers and nice place with a decent community. ;)
feels like you threw every word you know into one long sentence
I wrote: Why do people put quotes in their signatures?
http://www.lajh.youaremighty.com/
harchester
Forum History

Lajh wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 3:31 pm
Semper wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:45 am Yes, well, one does tend to have to evolve or fall into irrelevance and ultimately fade away.

:smt043
semper
The sharp-tongued devil you can't seem to forget...
Race: God

Lajh wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 3:31 pm

Yes, I can appreciate how that many words in one place may befuddle you. Fear not, Laura, i'm sure you can overcome the banality informing your impotence with words. Don't spend too much time trying to understand this for means of a reply though, I wouldn't care at all for it and wouldn't want you to hurt yourself.
Accolades/Titles:
Spoiler
Started Playing: April 2005
Honours (5): Hall of Fame 2009. Annual Awards Host 2008, 2009, 2013, 2014 and 2015.
Winner (12): RP'er of the Year 2008, Runner Up Poster of the Year 2008, Debater of the Year 2008, War of the Year 2008, Poster of the Year 2009, Alliance of the Year 2009 (Nemesis Sect, Creator), Alliance War of the Year 2009 (Nempire vs Mayhem, Instigator), RP'er Runner Up 2009, Knew You'd Be Back 2010, Conflict of the Decade (FUALL v TF), Conflict of the Decade Runner Up (Ga vs TF), Alliance of the Decade (TDD).
Nominated (8): Writer of the year 2007, Avatar of the Year 2007, Poster of the Year 2007, Villain of the Year 2008, Player Sig 2008, Race Player of the Year 2009, Most Missed 2010, Alliance Leadership 2010, Most Missed 2011.
Commands (3): Supreme System Lord 2008, 2010, 2011 and 2012. System Lord Council 2006 - present. Dark Lord and Emperor of the Nempire 2009 - 2011.
Alliances (9): DDE, EA, OSL, TFUR, DDEII, AI, RM, WoB, Nemesis.
Forum Roles (4): Former Misc GM, Race Mod (Goa'uld), Debate forum patriarch and mod.
hugo08642
Forum Newbie

I always thought being constructive is a more useful approach. So instead of saying the game is dying, which has been said on the forum for countless years, why not mention ways in which to improve recruitment?

Outside the box, but why doesn't the admin list it on one of those rewards sites? Offer someone 10 cents (just a random figure off the top of my head, but there are some offers similar to this price point) to join up and play (have to reach a certain point before payout e.g. use all of the ATs provided on starting up a new account). You'd be surprised what people will do for small sums, but more of a cheap way of advertising - you are pulling them in, it's not just a **Filtered** banner somewhere. Could be a way to get some new blood and interest. Given how much people spend on merlins and ATs (during the sales), the recoup would be quite quick even if a small % of people stayed on.

Some bag it out for being just a text base game, but if we don't mind it, there must be other people (as niche as it is), that will enjoy it that don't know it exists.

Now some may view my idea as stupid (maybe it is) but it is an idea, and just maybe a few more of these could inspire a really awesome idea......
Infinity
Forum Intermediate

How is a newbie going to make up for the huge LF that some players got with a bug when they ascened?

At my last ascention I calculated that I had to ascend with more than 15quad naq in my bank to get the same amount of LF that reborn, and he got it practically free of charge. 20q if I count the amount of LF already converted.
reborn
Forum Elite

Infinity wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:34 am How is a newbie going to make up for the huge LF that some players got with a bug when they ascened?

At my last ascention I calculated that I had to ascend with more than 15quad naq in my bank to get the same amount of LF that reborn, and he got it practically free of charge. 20q if I count the amount of LF already converted.
If you look back from when i was first going on at sol about 7 years ago, you will see i was telling him from when i ascended and spent that naq doing it, it would take me 13 years to convert it all, and was asking for it to be increased.

Now there was a bug and any account that was active in i think last 2 yrs gained from this for about 10-12 weeks (cba to look for correct dates) , i was the first one to report this and within 12 hours of it active. Though took some time for it to be fixed.

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=206187

It was also based on planet size so the more you had the more you gained, the very largest that having 50 bil planets gained a worth of if u converted 20 quad worth of naq, with me being at a constant 7 bil size i gained around 4 quad worth of free dmu. I was trying to have it all removed as Taf gained a **Filtered** lot as some of them have large planet sizes, i also knew they knew about it a few days after it happen too yet didnt reported it for 2 odd weeks, though i had already done so.

But to end that Jo couldnt or wouldnt remove it as the game would of had to b taken back to its last store point, before the bug.

So before you go saying my name around get some facts. You will see your own friends benefited more than 5 times from what i did. I cant help that i always ascend big and always have done.
Image x2 :smt081
Spoiler
teesdale wrote:im going to start calling you Mathod man... because i swear to god your as dense as Mathlord is when it comes to arguing.

Ignore valid points from everyone else and believe your own verbal diarrhea, the pair of you.
i just accidently abandoned that planet i just took
[02:02] Scott - Harch - :

<<< **Filtered** MY LIFEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Infinity
Forum Intermediate

reborn wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:00 am So before you go saying my name around get some facts. You will see your own friends benefited more than 5 times from what i did. I cant help that i always ascend big and always have done.

I only mentioned you because your account is the best in game, not because you had biggest boost.

reborn wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:00 am But to end that Jo couldnt or wouldnt remove it as the game would of had to b taken back to its last store point, before the bug.
My statement that newbies will never catch up is valid. Even I, with over dozen years of experience, don't stand a chance. Heck, you may quit right now and I still wont be able to catch you in next few years.

P.S. I only have 2 friends, and one of them allowed a team member to mass me hiding behind Trash. That basically leaves me with a friend without s, singular.
harchester
Forum History

Infinity wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:28 pm
reborn wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:00 am So before you go saying my name around get some facts. You will see your own friends benefited more than 5 times from what i did. I cant help that i always ascend big and always have done.

I only mentioned you because your account is the best in game, not because you had biggest boost.

reborn wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:00 am But to end that Jo couldnt or wouldnt remove it as the game would of had to b taken back to its last store point, before the bug.
My statement that newbies will never catch up is valid. Even I, with over dozen years of experience, don't stand a chance. Heck, you may quit right now and I still wont be able to catch you in next few years.

P.S. I only have 2 friends, and one of them allowed a team member to mass me hiding behind Trash. That basically leaves me with a friend without s, singular.
I’m always your friend even though you don’t like me anymore because of the whole trash thing (which I had no involvement in) :smt064
Infinity
Forum Intermediate

I do like you, but I can't consider you a friend anymore.

Return to “StarGateWars General”