Finding my way back

Forum for all general ingame discussion.
Support
Site Admin
ID: 0
Alternate name(s): Juliette

Finding my way back

Hi everyone, a brief update on my severe lack of availability of the last few months, and the last 2 weeks especially.

In April, I moved to a new apartment; yay, but the internet is crappy, so I creatively found a temporary solution. Unfortunately, access to the back-end was -for security reasons- locked to what used to be my static IP. New provider only does dynamic IPs, and it was not really an option to go back and use the old provider.
E-mail was accessible, but administrative access was minimal. Now found a new provider and a much more stable connection.

Now, in July, my PC melted down. Motherboard actually had smoke coming off it, so it needed a complete rebuild from (mostly) scratch.
Some of the last parts for my PC arrived on Tuesday, still waiting on one, but the PC is functional as is.
I managed to retrieve some access to bits and pieces, and yesterday even got access to Skype and site admin.
Discord is still a fat no, that will take some more time as another account need deleting.
I am hopeful that this week I can get the IDE up and running again, and then we can finally move on from this mess.

New apartment is otherwise fantastic though, so that is a plus.. I will clean up the rest.

tl:dr; RL **Filtered** happened, and it is almost sorted, then I will be back.

Current status as of August 2nd:
No Discord
Limited administrative access
Yes e-mail
Yes forum

Updates:
Discord, 2/8: this is going to take another 14-30 days while a ghost account is deleted.
Administrative access, 2/8: IDE functional, working on restoring full access.

Kind regards,
Support
Support
Site Admin

Re: Finding my way back

Update: I was reminded by a helpful queen that you all did not get a Christmas gift. Now, I've been in thesis-land for a long time, which has devoured my attention especially around that time, but that was a big miss on my part.
So, to celebrate my return and as a bit of a Wiedergutmachung everyone will receive a free 20$ Black Market Credit gift on the next Kiwi Winter Sale.

Our 2021 Kiwi Winter Sale / Northern Summer Sale will run from August 16 through September 12.

<3 Com.
Support
Site Admin

Update: getting access to Discord again is going to be a matter of a lot of patience. Will update if there's a clearer timeline on that, but for now, it is no longer an active communication channel.
Bob The Dog2
Forum Newbie

hey, i know you're super busy and things have been a mad rush from what you have said, but the free gift hasnt been put on the black market yet, not sure if you know about this and are getting around to it soon or if you thought you had done it and it didnt come up.

thank you, hope to hear back soon.
Infinity
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: Endgame

You can at least check other threads, especially since she's super busy.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=206955
Bob The Dog2
Forum Newbie

Infinity wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 11:03 am You can at least check other threads, especially since she's super busy.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=206955
ah yes, thank you infinity. :)
Support
Site Admin

Appreciate you checking in, it's on a timed release - definitely happening during the sale. :D

Bob The Dog2 wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 5:11 am hey, i know you're super busy and things have been a mad rush from what you have said, but the free gift hasnt been put on the black market yet, not sure if you know about this and are getting around to it soon or if you thought you had done it and it didnt come up.

(And thanks infinity.) ;)
Bob The Dog2
Forum Newbie

amazing, thank you <3
Support wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 2:48 pm Appreciate you checking in, it's on a timed release - definitely happening during the sale. :D

Bob The Dog2 wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 5:11 am hey, i know you're super busy and things have been a mad rush from what you have said, but the free gift hasnt been put on the black market yet, not sure if you know about this and are getting around to it soon or if you thought you had done it and it didnt come up.

(And thanks infinity.) ;)

Return to “StarGateWars General”