Best UFC Fighter

For the discussion of sports. Moo?
xDaku
Forum Addict
Alliance: Forgotten Serenity - leader
ID: 27858

Re: Best UFC Fighter

GSP...cause he's a canadian who kicks ass ;)
Spoiler
Easy^ wrote: I am sorry if my shadow is too awesome for you to stand in.
E
MEZZANINE wrote:
Oooo I like higher math

E=Mc2*SGW = ( ( U = A*S*S ) + ( JT + $$$ + E*G*O ) ) + ( FS = AWESOME + Infinity ). Therefor FS -> DDE :D
Yyith wrote:Yyith says:
thats why women have small feet
get closer to the sink
Spoiler
Mezzanine wrote:Picture a hot summers day, sitting on the grass ( maybe smoking it too lol ), sun shining, cool breeze, cold beer, beautiful lady, perfect Serenity

Now picture your worst nightmare, the grass turned into trenches of mud, rain drenching you, ice winds, down to rations, surrounded by death and destruction

Turning your dreams into nightmares is what we do, heed this warning and pass it on, else you will forget your serenity forever

Blood in 2012 - Updated 1st Sep, 2012:
Spoiler
Attack Soldiers killed: 32,934,122
Defence Soldiers killed: 17,810,494
Attack Supers killed: 777,708,800
Defence Supers killed: 1,004,092,379
Spy Killers killed: 301,726,911
Spies Killed: 1,223,520,310
Total: 3,357,793,016

Raiders lost: 5,324,560
Guards lost: 14,223,773
Super Soldiers lost: 907,918,161
Super Guards lost: 654,870,558
Undercover Agents lost: 411,831,764
Assassin lost: 269,766,078
Total: 2,263,934,894
Violent J
Forum Irregular
Alliance: None
Race: Legionnaire

I think GSP is up there classy and an all round fighter, no weaknesses really, Anderson silva was my top fighter but I think he lacks class when he goads opponents but the best of all is the Randy “The Natural” Couture with his two title wins in two different weight classes and his age also he is probably the best.....only my opinion
~Kronos~
Forum Elite
Alliance: None for now
Race: God of Time
ID: 70003

Matt Hughes is by far the best fighter ever to throw blows in UFC

Add Me On Google Plus \:D/
Violent J
Forum Irregular

having watched the most recent UFC event, John Jo Jones looks really impressive, has really varied strikes and look all round a good fighter, up and coming best maybe !
sarparto
Forum Regular
ID: 0

Anderson Silva is the best.
~Kronos~
Forum Elite
Alliance: None for now
Race: God of Time
ID: 70003

sarparto wrote:Anderson Silva is the best.

I'm pretty sure Hughes beat Silva... and has the record for fights won 8)

Add Me On Google Plus \:D/
sarparto
Forum Regular

~Kronos~ wrote:

Silva's undefeated in the UFC. Hughes is 45-9, for his career, 18-7 in the UFC. Silva's 31-4, for his career, and 14-0 in the UFC. His closest fight was against Chael "Roid Ragin" Sonnen with bad ribs and he still won. Jon "Bones" Jones looks like he may be the new juggernaut, but for now that title belongs to Silva.

P.S. Silva holds several statistical records in the UFC including: Most all-time knockdowns in UFC history (15), No. 1 in significant strike accuracy (68.5%), Longest all-time UFC win streak (14), Best all-time UFC win percentage (1.000, tied with Cain Velasquez*), Most title fight victories (10), Most UFC title defenses (9) and Longest reign by days (1,779).

*Velasquez is 7-0, halfway there.
Loki™
Forum Elder
Alliance: Jötunheim
Race: System Lord
ID: 41339
Alternate name(s): Lloth, Sargonnas, D4ywalk3r

1. Silva
2. Not UFC but Fedor back in pride maybe even 1. but that might just 'cause I like him
3. GSP
Spoiler

And Loki saw every thing that he had farmed, and, behold, it was very good.
Spoiler
George Hazard says:
thats what happens, HVE takes your soul and gives you an awesome high
when you leave, you can't live without it
ImageImage

The forces of Loki™ rush in full force, and inflict 1,086,054,534,340,000 damage on Pooop's forces!
It was confirmed that 12,620,737 of Pooop's forces fell at the hands of Loki™'s assult.

The forces of Pooop fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 481,837,854,506,000 damage on Loki™'s forces!
They managed to eradicate 1,988,050 of Loki™'s troops.
sarparto
Forum Regular

sarparto wrote:
~Kronos~ wrote:

Silva's undefeated in the UFC. Hughes is 45-9, for his career, 18-7 in the UFC. Silva's 31-4, for his career, and 14-0 in the UFC. His closest fight was against Chael "Roid Ragin" Sonnen with bad ribs and he still won. Jon "Bones" Jones looks like he may be the new juggernaut, but for now that title belongs to Silva.

P.S. Silva holds several statistical records in the UFC including: Most all-time knockdowns in UFC history (15), No. 1 in significant strike accuracy (68.5%), Longest all-time UFC win streak (14), Best all-time UFC win percentage (1.000, tied with Cain Velasquez*), Most title fight victories (10), Most UFC title defenses (9) and Longest reign by days (1,779).

*Velasquez is 7-0, halfway there. Not any more!
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie

Silva.

"What I want to see is a tight knit group not a collection of people pulling in different directions"
Deni
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie

John jones, i watched him beat the crap out of rampage Jackson last night...he is seriously good.

"What I want to see is a tight knit group not a collection of people pulling in different directions"
Deni
Violent J
Forum Irregular

John jones does look impressive hopefully he continued to improve and is really consistent !
sarparto
Forum Regular

I watched the Jon Jones/Mauricio Rua fight and it looked like a man fighting a kid. Rua would hang on him, trying to take him down, and Jones would just light him up.
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie

sarparto wrote:I watched the Jon Jones/Mauricio Rua fight and it looked like a man fighting a kid. Rua would hang on him, trying to take him down, and Jones would just light him up.

Yea man..there is a secret to that guy..he is a tai boxer like silva.

Deni
Retribution
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: T.O. -- §_§ -- ™F_L™
Race: 100m
ID: 7468
Alternate name(s): §a'Kagé

This is difficult topic due to the difficult nature of the sport.
Best Boxer?
Junior Dos Santos.

Best Kickboxer?
Mirko Crop Cop.

Best Wrestler?
Randy Couture.

Best Submission Skills?
Royce Gracie.

Best Heart?
Frankie Edgar.

Best Cardio?
Clay Guida.

Best Fighter?
That's something completely different..

Judging based on a combination of all-around skills, along with domination of the competition in their prime, I would have a few to name:

More Recently:
Anderson Silva
Jon Jones
GSP

More Old School:
Randy Couture
Bas Rutten
Chuck Liddel

The Greatest Fighter in the league right now is Anderson Silva, but he has gotten complacent with the lack of talent at Middleweight and could easily get surprised soon if he continues to take opponents for granted.

But the greatest total fighter in all of UFC History?
Chuck 'The Iceman' Liddel.
21 Wins - 8 Losses
Take the last 3 years out of the equation where he went 1 -5, and you get 20 - 3 (He was getting old and needed to retire after he lost the belt to Rampage, but he felt he had some fight left in him, but he used all that fight in the fight against Vandy later, the last fight he ever won and the 2007 Fight of the Year)

Iceman was a an excellent Kickboxer (Kickboxing record: 20 - 2, 16 KOs), a Division 1 wrestler, and had incredible heart. He was a rare style in that he used to excellent ground game to keep people standing so he could knock them out with either his hands or feet, but if anyone dared to take him down they were met with outstanding wrestling and ground-and-pound.

Chuck Liddel's first fight ever was in the UFC, and he was there from the time when they fought without rules, to the time when it was the fastest growing sport in America. The UFC is what it is today because of Chuck Liddel, and that is why he is the greatest fighter in UFC history.

~Kronos~ wrote:

Nope. Silva has yet to lose in the UFC. (14 - 0, 9 KOs & 3 Submissions, with 12 fights as Champ and 9 belt defenses [1 fighter failed to make weight, and 2 other fights were at Light Heavyweight])
Scenester wrote:Maybe Kikaz worked his magic and won, who knows...he works in mysterious ways he does...
Affirmation wrote:...[R]emember to tell everyone as the only thing MORE stupid than Sharing Stupidity is NOT sharing stupidity...

Return to “Sports Section”